What's new

What language do you think in?

I speak urdu , sindhi and English .
I never think in sindhi which is my mother tongue , I think in urdu , sometimes english . Most of time , it's urdu . When I pray to Allah , I pray in urdu to him . When I talk to myself in thoughts , it's urdu .
When I'm so much tense , I don't know why.. I think in english .

Wow .... you are a sindhi?

Drift back and forth between Urdu, English and Swedish, with the occasional Punjabi (when angry and cursing inside lol).

it depends on what am I thinking and about whom am thinking
I can speak 4 languages

Growing up in Punjab/Pakistan...I speak three languages(English, Punjabi, and Urdu). Urdu was spoken at home and Punjabi I picked up from ppl around me while growing up. English I learned in school and even more so when I came to the US.

I think in the language which I'm using...so for example if I'm surrounded by my American friends talking in English, I think in English. If I'm with my family or friends who speak Urdu/Hindi then I think in Urdu.

As for Punjabi...though I understand it and I can speak it, I just choose not to bcuz I don't have the proper accent. Attempting to speak Punjabi in an Urdu accent is known as "gulabi punjabi", which is embarrassing to do in front of Punjabi speakers.

I speak urdu , sindhi and English .
I never think in sindhi which is my mother tongue , I think in urdu , sometimes english . Most of time , it's urdu . When I pray to Allah , I pray in urdu to him . When I talk to myself in thoughts , it's urdu .
When I'm so much tense , I don't know why.. I think in english .
U should teach me Sindhi and I'll teach u Punjabi(as best as I can) :partay:

English. There are various languages being spoken in and around me, but since English is the one language we all speak and understand I would say English.

I speak three languages(English, Punjabi, and Urdu).

I think in the language which I'm using...so for example if I'm surrounded by my American friends talking in English, I think in English. If I'm with my family or friends who speak Urdu/Hindi then I think in Urdu.

As for Punjabi...though I understand it and I can speak it, I just choose not to bcuz I don't have the proper accent. Attempting to speak Punjabi in an Urdu accent is known as "gulabi punjabi", which is embarrassing to do in front of Punjabi speakers.

U should teach me Sindhi and I'll teach u Punjabi(as best as I can) :partay:

Yeah sure why not ... :-) .
I'll teach u for free .

Maa tokhay muft me sindhi sikhaan dam .

Haanren tu eyho punjabi me cho ( Ab ye punjabi me bolen )
Main tuhanu muft sikhavan ga(now just imagine me saying that in an Urdu accent :p:)
This would exactly translate to "I will teach u for free"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom