What's new

What would you like to have in the JF-17

Few points JF 17 is a new project And PAF is trying to get maximum performance with minimum Risk
adding Few points is not that All Hell you can put 20 points but no one does that why cz it depends on wings , Engine how much load it can hold. Every Projects takes its time to get matured so people can know its high and low
After time all the required changes will come but after some time.
If you exceed the wait limit it affects the air frame and performance
All the wish list of this and that have to wait

I will be wanting to see a monitoring system before flying that should tell about the possible flaw in the jet fuel system or any other thing. There should be a scanner that should scan the jet, before it flies for possible threats. Most of the time, pilots lose their lives due to manual checking, however, JF-17 is an advance jet, but still there should be more security provided to pilot. After manual scanning and checking, there should be another automatic checking module.

Imaginary toys Thread...

Let's analyze JF-17 Program/Project...JF-17 is for now somewhat low cost at $25m Block II, it would never remain low cost with newer Blocks and future MLUs considering Pakistan's Economy. Supposedly future Block III at atleast $35m would not be cheap from Pakistan's point of view.

JF-17 project from start should have been envisioned to be J-10/F-16 earlier Blocks caliber project. For Pakistan capabilities is important since we can't make up for Numbers like hindustan. Because this thread is about "imaginary friends" I would have wanted JF-17 to be the exact same size as F-16 powered by AL-31 Engine or improved RD Series...

One of the best CGI...
87JvM.jpg

JF-17 is very good and improving, according to some official statements PAF is very satisfied with it and its overall performance.
This thread is about the possible improvements that are possible on the existing platform.
I am pretty sure these improvements are numerous, since there are most certainly going to be some dedicated squadrons of the JF-17.
So here we go. Go ahead and think what dedicated roles thaose can be and what improvements will it take realistically for the current platform.

And why a mini-bar?
No, seriously, anything else related to defense products?

And why a mini-bar?
No, seriously, anything else related to defense products?
Lots of improvements are needed.
1)Increased range and payload
2)Incresed speed
3)Addition of atleast two more hard points
4)Increased service ceiling (coz no fighter in pak inventory is capable of going above 55000/60000 feet while india has mig 25 which can go way above that.As in the past india has conducted flyovers with mig25 and pak could not anything about it as pak also do not have high altitude air defence SAM`s).
Please tell me,Are these improvements not possible????????And iff possible then why not??????????

1) I think that increased range will come with a better engine, aerial refueling and the aerodynamic fuel tanks, so that is very possible.
2) Increased speed will come with a powerful engine and composite materials in the airframe.
3) More hard points mean a change in the wings structure, that might happen with the addition of composite materials, mostly carbon fiber.
4) The increase of the service celling won't be possible in my opinion, since most airplanes with higher service celling are at least double engined, and not only that, the engines are huge and especially designed for that role, be it in Mig-25 Foxbat
mig-25-foxbat.jpg

or the America SR-71 Blackbird.
Sr71_1.jpg

So those are dedicated warplanes with some differences of course; while the Mig-25 can play the role of a high altitude interceptor along with high speed reconnaissance the SR-71 is dedicated to reconnaissance only.
Pakistan should design some sophisticated satellites for this role with some high definition imagery technology.
By the way I think PAF is getting (if not already got) some high altitude SAM systems from China from the family of HQ-XX.

Pakistan should design some sophisticated satellites for this role with some high definition imagery technology.
That would take pretty much time like a decade.Best of luck to **** engineers and scientists

By the way I think PAF is getting (if not already got) some high altitude SAM systems from China from the family of HQ-XX.
As far as i know Pakistan was interested in buying a cheaper variant of hq 9 and was negotiating a deal few years ago but the deal was cancelled

they should be able to add atleast
1. one dedicated pod hardpoint like in Tejas
2. AESA
3. IRST

i think this is more than enough ....

Every aircraft has inherent design limitations and beyond a certain limit additional improvements are not cost effective. JF-17 is a relatively inexpensive aircraft, I would like to keep it that way so that PAF can afford to acquire 200 or about 2 Naval plus 10 Airforce version squadrons.

In my humble opinion, all that is needed on block –II air frame is a western avionics suite similar to the one with Grippen before AESA or Mirage 2000-9 and a more powerful engine with additional 10 -15% thrust. This should enable Thunder bursts of speed higher than Mach 1 at Sea level with max speed of Mach 2. I would also like it to have a more potent gun (27 mm or 30 mm) to give better ground attack capability.

For deep interdiction and air superiority missions, one would need F1-6 and/ or J-20.

There is nothing wrong in C or C++,or say ADA is more useful in military aircraft, most of the core program are always use C, most of the OS, even Windows and UNIX is based on C.

Even TOR is written in C.
I know Boeing uses ADA.

But I have seen people use Fortran in engineering application a lot,even though you learn C++ in college.

I hope you know that C++ is a programing language, which is used to design softwares. Some of the most complicated softwares (which include flight simulators) have been designed using this language. It is not as pathetic as you are implying it. In-fact when it comes to speed, C++ is always the language of choice.

C++ is just as good and has a HUGE resource pool for us. If it aint broke dont fix.

Back
Top Bottom