What's new

What would you like to have in the JF-17

How about improving aft visibility & increasing size for 9 hard points ??? and name it as JF-19

45011_b6d9affe5c5fff6b3daefa201f181f28.jpg

I would like to see following improvements in JF17 Thunder

a) The fuel tanks moved to above the wings setup
b) The two fuel tank spots converted into 2 new extra hard points for Missiles
c) Digital Mission Detail Screen
d) New Helmet , that allows targeting and weapons firing
f) 2- AESA Radar Choices
h) Black Color Series , JF17 thunders with Anti Radar composites usage
i) Enhancements to the RECON Pods for JF17 Thunders
j) New Engine

Last edited:
I think nothing which any member can expect would be added in to JF-17s. Better for PAC to manufacture 50 of each block and supply to PAF.

Also I think PAC And China have a great opportunity for converting F-5, F-6, F-7 and A-5 along with Mirage-III/V-F1s into Target Drones/Cruise Missiles that will going to just fly for a single time and drops on the designated target.

Moreover, PAC and China can offer similar services to other Airforces looking to convert their Sus, MiGs, US and NATO origin Aircraft into Drones/Cruise Missiles.

It might be useful to have dedicated drone bays within JF 17 Thunder. You know it can help the pilot to make informative decisions well in advance. Moreover, a twin seater fighter plane that has a dedicated drone can increase the capabilities multifold (Asymmetrical warfare/threat acknowledgment and deploying necessary resources only etc).

Canard
Stealthy
fly by wire control
Navel version for Carrier as Jumping Jet Sea Harrier
Keep continue Focus on R&D

Hardpoints must be 7 to 9...and Ws-13 engine.. with low Rcs....and European standard Avionics... :)
That's just like joining east and west. A plane should be able to carry enough weapons. Arial engagements are not like what people see in movies or in video games. The average engagement time is 45 Sec to 1 Min. And its also not the case that these engagements end up like "Last man standing", The moment a pilot feels that he/she has no advantage, the best policy is to disengage and come back the other day. So even fights involving tens of aircraft may only end up with 1 or 2 jets being shot down. So having enough weapons but quality weapons is essential. Like in BVR, I would pick AIM-120 on any day against its contemporary adversaries (SD-10,R-77 etc) because its a tested and tried weapon of quality.
Plus the more the weapons hanging from hard points, the more the RCS. So a stealthy air frame carrying external fuel tanks and weapons can no longer stay stealthy. And adding internal weapons bays to the aircraft of the size of JFT may prove quite challanging and expensive job.

AESA radar
CFT
HMD
IRST
New hard points
More use of composite material in airframe

Totally agree with your post, but a redesign in shape of JF-17 as NG can be done as CAC had studied many design while designing FC-1, it will be easy to design a stealthy JF-17s without internal weapons bay with capability to carry 3 weapons pods for weapons, it will be cost effective solution for having 5th gen or 4.8+ gen fighter as workhorse.

Last edited:
Totally agree with your post, but a redesign in shape of JF-17 as NG can be done as CAC had studied many design while designing FC-1, it will be easy to design a stealthy JF-17s without internal weapons bay with capability to carry 3 weapons pods for weapons, it will be cost effective solution for having 5th gen or 4.8+ gen fighter as workhorse.
Yes agree with you .. changes in Nose design and making a use of composite material will reduce its RCS to a great extant

Since everyone's throwing whatever comes into their heads(regardless of the size, design, cost factors)..
I'd prefer a Harmon Kardon 825W ipod compatible system with 1080p playback on the MFDs.

Since everyone's throwing whatever comes into their heads(regardless of the size, design, cost factors)..
I'd prefer a Harmon Kardon 825W ipod compatible system with 1080p playback on the MFDs.

So pilots could watch and listen Maulana Tariq Jameel bayan and Zaid hamid stories while doing a barrel roll, serpent roll, cobra roll, anaconda roll. Eman taza rahay ga musalman jangjoo ka :sarcastic:

So pilots could watch and listen Maulana Tariq Jameel bayan and Zaid hamid stories while doing a barrel roll, serpent roll, cobra roll, anaconda roll. Eman taza rahay ga musalman jangjoo ka :sarcastic:

Only 20% would fit that bill. Todays guys are more into electro-pop or Dido.

Back
Top Bottom