What's new

Whatever

Depends on your course and your standards/expectations. I don't think it has a high reputation, it is ranked 80-ish. Which probably means it isn't a research intensive university which undoubtedly affects the graduate prospectus.

University guide 2015: University of Derby | Education | theguardian.com

It ranks low in graduate prospectus with 55% achieving graduate level jobs.

On the plus side, it's not a bad university, Derby is probably cheaper to study at than other universities with sky high rent and living costs and it's been rising in rank in the past years. From what I can see here, biological sciences and business related courses are probably what Derby's best known for.

Keep a look out for other universities too, within that vicinity. I know at least 3 unis in that area, Manchester met, Uni of Manchester, Derby. And if grades are the issue then use this ranking system, it has something on entry requirement too, sometimes 20th rank and 35th might even share the same entry standards, and that too varies on how good and what the requirements are per subject.

If you wan't you can PM me and we'll talk more about it.

I can't seem to figure out how the PM facility works ! :(

I was looking at Derby's MSc Accounting & Finance program to top up my ACCA & perhaps attain the CIMA qualification along the way !

In the Accounting & Finance area Derby was 26 as per Guardian 2015 ranking whereas overall it was 50 by the same.

Then according to this Graduate jobs: top 12 universities for getting a job - Telegraph it was UK's 3rd most employable university in 2013.

And according to this Oxford and Cambridge outperformed on employability | Education | theguardian.com 96.1% of Derby's graduates were either working or going for further studies 6 months after graduating. And this was last year when it was ranked 79 overall in the UK....this year its 50 !

I just can't seem to make up my mind whether Derby is a good university or not !

I can't seem to figure out how the PM facility works ! :(

I was looking at Derby's MSc Accounting & Finance program to top up my ACCA & perhaps attain the CIMA qualification along the way !

In the Accounting & Finance area Derby was 26 as per Guardian 2015 ranking whereas overall it was 50 by the same.

Then according to this Graduate jobs: top 12 universities for getting a job - Telegraph it was UK's 3rd most employable university in 2013.

And according to this Oxford and Cambridge outperformed on employability | Education | theguardian.com 96.1% of Derby's graduates were either working or going for further studies 6 months after graduating. And this was last year when it was ranked 79 overall in the UK....this year its 50 !

I just can't seem to make up my mind whether Derby is a good university or not !

I'll PM myself, we'll talk there. :-)

Armstrong said:
:buba_phone: @SarthakGanguly
He's going to UK.
Yippieeeee! :yay:

Chalo chao ...ab jaldi se jao :wave:
I want this troll off my tail:argh:

800 bullets and you still missed that flower in your profile pic. I fear you not!
Dont confuse me!! :butcher:
Waise let me target practice on you. :guns:

Last edited:
ON TOPIC :
ON TOPIC??? Who?? You??
Really???
:haha::haha:

Armstrong said:
If only @levina Apa had gone for Mechanical Engineering this shortage could've been addressed ! :(
Hell Nooooohhhhh!
Not a mech engg.
Mech engg's 're very intelligent like @Indischer and @Demigod.
I dont 've that kinda brains :girl_wacko:

Armstrong said:
But no she, like @SarthakGanguly @Indischer & @Ayush , had to be a Fashion Designer designing some of the most horrid dresses known to mankind !
Correction: the word is engineers.

Btw you BURGER eating chartered accountant .....you're jealous of us because your Maths and science teachers hated you for being a lemming in the class. :laugh:

Armstrong said:
I mean only Levina Apa can design this & call it art:

View attachment 63266
Dont worry I designed that one for you ....ab toh aap ko yeh dress pehnake hi dum loongi. :p::bunny:

You know what?
Today when I had gone out shopping I saw a Pakistani lady picking up a fair & lovely packet (kept on offer) ....then a 2nd one ...then a 3rd...and then suddenly half the rack was empty.Gosh!
I thot gore chitte lag rahe hai then why a fair lovely??? :lol:
I dont mean to offend anyone.But seriously is the Indian brand of fair lovely so famous in Pakistan??
Or was it the "attaractive" price??? :unsure:

Waise I OVERHEARD tat u r going to UK?:azn:

You know what?
Today when I had gone out shopping I saw a Pakistani lady picking up a fair & lovely packet (kept on offer) ....then a 2nd one ...then a 3rd...and then suddenly half the rack was empty.Gosh!
I thot gore chitte lag rahe hai then why a fair lovely??? :lol:
I dont mean to offend anyone.But seriously is the Indian brand of fair lovely so famous in Pakistan??

Fair & Lovely ain't an Indian Brand ! :o:

Its a Unilever brand Fair & Lovely | Our brands | ESA

Waise I OVERHEARD tat u r going to UK?:azn:

You overheard wrong ! :(

@waz @Armstrong @Indischer @Leader @scorpionx

I am off. Today for the first time in my life I will exercise my right to vote :-)

Fair & Lovely ain't an Indian Brand ! :o:

Its a Unilever brand Fair & Lovely | Our brands | ESA

You overheard wrong ! :(

have you asked around New Zealand and Australian alternatives? They are equally as accredited in terms of their business, finance and accouting courses.

It is always good to do every bit of research you can. I wish I did that more often :/

I'll PM myself, we'll talk there. :-)

Armstrong, EDL's worst nightmare. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom