What's new

Whatever

Dear all,
I'm graduate engineer, got recommended by issb for DSSC in september 2014, but was not selected by GHQ. Then i changed my candidature to SSC pak Navy in Dec 2014, again not selected by NHQ.
I want to know i i can apply for DSSC in next entry as ISSB recommendation stands for one year.
your answers will be highly appreciated.

images

Nice...is it a outdoorsy kind of job ?
I work mostly in the lab but I have to rare my plants from the sterile growth chambers (though mostly looked after by technicians), greenhouse (also looked after by technicians but I do most of the planting, looking after, propagating and so on except watering which technicians do...

Brother please continue here ....that thread is for specific news while this is general chit chat corner :)

I work mostly in the lab but I have to rare my plants from the sterile growth chambers (though mostly looked after by technicians), greenhouse (also looked after by technicians but I do most of the planting, looking after, propagating and so on except watering which technicians do...

Brother please continue here ....that thread is for specific news while this is general chit chat corner :)
Oh that sounds like the kind of job I would like...why don't you come to SA and have a look at our fynbos. Unless I am mistaken it is not found anywhere else in the world. This might sound random but what is your favorite plant ? Mine are the flat top acacia and the baobab tree.

Oh that sounds like the kind of job I would like...why don't you come to SA and have a look at our fynbos. Unless I am mistaken it is not found anywhere else in the world. This might sound random but what is your favorite plant ? Mine are the flat top acacia and the baobab tree.
I actually prefer working on cereals like barley, rice and wheat...Actually I did my MSc thesis on Barley and an internship on wheat....I prefer these coz they feed people...currently I am working on strawberry which is a smaller group as compared to the resources on barley and wheat ...

Weòò Acacia is not exactly a nice tree...sadly some species of it have become invasive spices in some parts of Malaysia... heheheh...but it has lovely architecture that much I can give it...I actually had to google fynbos and Baobab...Baobab has lovely architecture too! Fynbos sound impressive (at least a quick google read)

What do you do btw?

I actually prefer working on cereals like barley, rice and wheat...Actually I did my MSc thesis on Barley and an internship on wheat....I prefer these coz they feed people...currently I am working on strawberry which is a smaller group as compared to the resources on barley and wheat ...

Weòò Acacia is not exactly a nice tree...sadly some species of it have become invasive spices in some parts of Malaysia... heheheh...but it has lovely architecture that much I can give it...I actually had to google fynbos and Baobab...Baobab has lovely architecture too! Fynbos sound impressive (at least a quick google read)

What do you do btw?
I'm a medical student...:hitwall: yup so my life is pretty much indoors...though I love the outdoors. I think I should have become a farmer or something :D
To me the flat top acacia and the baobab are the essence of the african bush...it's something about them that evokes some kind of awesome feeling in me that reminds me of the sunsets, vast open places and the feel of a good rifle.

Regarding cereals I read an interesting book once called Guns, Germs and Steel (well it's not just about cereals and food crops)

I'm a medical student...:hitwall: yup so my life is pretty much indoors...though I love the outdoors. I think I should have become a farmer or something :D
To me the flat top acacia and the baobab are the essence of the african bush...it's something about them that evokes some kind of awesome feeling in me that reminds me of the sunsets, vast open places and the feel of a good rifle.

Regarding cereals I read an interesting book once called Guns, Germs and Steel (well it's not just about cereals and food crops)
heheheh....ok

Well i always wanted to be a veterinarian and all the way till BSc almost irked every plant science teacher...then in MSc we were forced to work with plants in molecular biology class over other cells as its cheaper and plus my mentor was a plant science duded ...and well I was always interested in increasing yield to help feed more people....I wanted to be in food science (after failure to insist my parents to let me be a vet - actual reason was I told them I wanted an elephant, horses and other animals to live with us in our home or something) But I couldnt get into food science coz my chemistry sucked ...So plant science adopted me :unsure:

Hello PDF. It has been a while, longer than I could remember. Many new faces out there, yet some familiar and reputed members still around. Well wishes.
---

They think war atrocities would rupture what was left of us. O you bloody bastards! Look at the turmoils! For the first time in decades, YOU are able to bring the military, government and opposition together; jointly cooperating together for one goal; elimination of your factions.

"Aey Dushman-e-Deen tuney kis Qaum ko lal-kara,
Iss Qaum ka har bacha Allah ka sipahi hai,
Iss khaak ka har zarra, taqdeer-e-Ilahi hai."

Yara dekho calcuation aur data mai koi mistake tou nahi?

As you can see from the Annual Budget Statement released by MoF (link below), the total budget for the Fiscal Year 2014-15 is PKR 4,365,914 (RS in Million). This equals PKR 4.3 trillion.

http://finance.gov.pk/budget/abs_2014_15.pdf (Read the Summary Page 1)

According to the same official report the Defence Budget for the Fiscal Year 2014-15 stands at PKR 700,148 (RS in Million) which equals to PKR 700 billion.

http://finance.gov.pk/budget/abs_2014_15.pdf (Read Defence Affairs and Services Page10)

700 billion (defence budget) is 16% of 4.3 trillion (Total Federal Budget).

According to World Bank's Data, Pakistan's GDP (Nominal) was USD $232.3 billion in 2013. As the GDP growth rate for the Fiscal Year 2013-14 was 4.14%, GDP increased to USD $241.8 billion.

Pakistan | Data (Source for GDP)

http://finance.gov.pk/survey/chapters_14/Highlights_ES_201314.pdf (Source for GDP growth. Read point 6 page 1)

So Pakistan's GDP in 2014 is USD $241.8 billion.

The Defence Budget for the Fiscal Year 2014-15 is PKR 700 billion (USD $7 billion).

USD $7 billion (defence budget) is 3% of USD $241.8 billion (Pakistan's GDP Nominal).

Back
Top Bottom