What's new

Which language do you use to talk to your siblings?

Im very frank with my younger brothers and they are also with me frank , We do use bashing language to each other but its a usual sibling fights nd talks we do so chandra , chandri, dhood paae, gum thi , hanraae mochro , bhangi, lakh lanat etc :D are common nd no one takes offence .. As im very frank in nature so im also like this to my friends and cousins too . Rishton my flavor ajata ha lol ..

English with siblings, but we all speak Urdu and Punjabi mixed with parents.

With wife mainly Urdu and sometimes Punjabi, although she prefers Punjabi.

Some of my relatives speak Hindko and I got used to hearing it and understanding it.

Whenever I am in Pakistan, I switch to full Faisalabadi/Lahore Punjabi in a few days.

Teaching myself Farsi, which all my grandparents are fluent in. Learning a bit of Turkish also.

G aap behtar jaante hain ..

After you took it wrong...

4A6F2841-B7FB-4AF4-BC5D-EECF85CC0EED.jpeg

Teaching myself Farsi, which all my grandparents are fluent in. Learning a bit of Turkish also.[/QUOTE]

I tried taking Arabic in college never really mastered the language just the basics for Turkish I use to watch Turkish TV news or just Turkish TV or read Turkish newspapers since it was in latin Farsi basically I tried doing the same

Default with my siblings and kids is English, unless we want to discuss something around the goray without them knowing.

With parents, elders, cousins from Pakistan I default to pahari/Mirpuri.

My wife and I talk in Mirpuri, but argue in English lolol

with you bro add me in. i mix it specially when talking technical.

Really? do you speak to your siblings in English? I cannot believe it.
Yes...we do. What's not to believe? We werent brought up in Pakistan and were not surrounded by family to be able to even speak proper Urdu. Why would we speak among ourselves in Urdu? I even read the Quran translation in English coz that is my strong language... :ashamed:

Some times, Arabic, little French here and there and a few words of Japanese as well :)
Multilingual & multi-continent family
With siblings not extended family :unsure:

Yes...we do. What's not to believe? We werent brought up in Pakistan and were not surrounded by family to be able to even speak proper Urdu. Why would we speak among ourselves in Urdu? I even read the Quran translation in English coz that is my strong language... :ashamed:

Now it makes sense. :thank_you2:

Back
Top Bottom