What's new

Which language do you use to talk to your siblings?

but people say no good
What on earth? :unsure:

Now it makes sense. :thank_you2:
It is also why I keep asking what this and that (Urdu words) mean :(

I am kinda famous on PDF for using weird Urdu words like Jaam-e-Shaheed instead of Jaam-e-Shareen (Or is it Shirin?)...I mean we went back to Pakistan annually so I do know Urud just not well enough to impress anyone lolz ...But we siblings speak English as the preferred language...

I mean I can speak Urdu (strike a conversation) but I have problems reading it (I read like I read Arabic coz I was thought Arabic for Quran and also took a 1 yr course at Uni...learnt Urdu later in life but phir maza nai atta....coz it isnt my default language)

@Simurgh

O btw, to our parents we do speak Urdu with some English and some Punjabi words and some Hindko maybe I am not sure what is spoken at home...it isnt Pure Urdu.

Most of my basic Urdu is learnt from hearsay - so I dont know which words are Punjabi and which are Urdu ...I only realize when my Urdu speaking friend used to look all confused...

Fists are their own language, na? :partay:
Whatcha speak?

Urdu when talking directly. English for texting.

Since I was an army brat so I learned Urdu first and pukhto later. I use Urdu with my father even though both of my parents speak pukhto fluently.

With mother I use Urdu/pukhto interchangeably. Sometimes she talks in pukhto and I reply in Urdu.

Back in the days I spoke more pukhto in uni than at home but it's changing now.

Back
Top Bottom