What's new

Who are India's good friends in the Future

India is a massive market ie 1.3 billion people for exports from USA. europe and Asian economies. like Japan & Korea. All of these will be friendly.

India is the biggest arms importer in the world so Israel Russia will be very close.

India is part of BRICS nations ie the new power houses of the developing world that will chalenge western industrial dominance so BRAZIL CHINA RUSSIA & INDIA will be close.

The rest don,t matter too much

India's best friends has to be in the "West", not saying India should not be friends with its neighbors but to keep the economy strong and build innovations, India needs the west!

India's strong hold has been IT and it needs to cash in more and more, especially in research and innovations. This is where India will continue to be different from China.

So why not team up with China?
China has an immense industrial base whereas India is still growing one. The biggest pluses for both these economies is the economy inherent within each, that comes because of huge populations. India needs to be aware of this and give its home industries a chance to at the minimum, make goods for its populace. The temptation of getting cheaper goods is real, will let India climb faster, but this will make us follow the US way and we will be ever dependent on China from there on.
The best way is to first solve border disputes with China and be a good friend but not the best friend for now.

Russia should continue to be India's best friend. This is where we get the best of all worlds. JVs with Russia should continue in the defense sector. At a time when India still eyes western "help" with skepticism and with a growing threat from China, Russia's best weapons will give us the best deterrence possible coupled with technology, though some what limited from the west.

India is failing some what in improving in improving ties with Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. This mainly because of some core differences that are yet to be settled. In this case its simply India's fault. India needs to build very strong economic ties with Bangladesh, Nepal and SriLanka. Having said that, I wish India would not share key technologies reacted to defense to any of these countries. China will simply borrow them and re-engineer what it doesn't have or even get a chance to study them. Stronger economic ties on the other hand will help all these countries and prevent any irresponsible act by these countries against India.

India, infact is on the same road that I described, so relations with the west is very very important for both innovation and diplomacy, while at the same time keep own interests taller!

Pakistan, let me repeat our PM..."We''l talk when they stop exporting terror"!!!

and obviously all other countries need to be kept in good books either for economical or diplomatic reasons.....

I've seen a lot of lists, here's mine:

1. Russia..... definitely Russians love us, and we love them. Our friendship has existed since the Soviet Union and is growing (Year of India in Russia, Year of Russia in India; our pres went to Rus, Dr. Singh just went, and Russian Pres also came to India) and this is more than just defense cooperation.

2. Israel... mostly because of their reliable equipment, and quality quaility in their work. Israeli cabinet has always been supportive of selling/business with India (despite US's opposition)

--Other countries-- (including Arab countries...... Pakistan is the only Muslim nation we have this much conflict with.... UAE, Saudi our trade is increasing...)

enemies

1. china (already backstabbed once and support revolution by communists but they lost a lot in this election)
2. Pakistan
3. arab states? finance terrorism

other countries are minor friends.

I guess that was a misconceived opinion. Arab staes financing terroism is like saying because Headley was an American or Rana a Canadian then these govt.s are supporting them. Infact, these state govt. can provide much needed intelligence when fighting these groups which are more of a threat to arab regimes than west or India. One of the reasons why there has been no arab related operative or Al-qaeda connection in India. So Arab countries and in particular GCC countries have the possibility of being a huge success story for India.

First of all there are no permanant friends and enemies for a nation, only permanant interests. And Indo-Arab interests align very nicely in a number of areas.

The GCC and Arab regional group is our biggest trading partner and will possibly account for 150Billion in trade by 2012 and about $500B in another ten years according to ASSOCHAM.
A paper brought out by ASSOCHAM, named "Indo-Gulf: Emerging Avenues for Exports and Investments," reveals that India's total trade
with the Arab world during 2007-08 was USD 87 billion which touched USD 100 billion in the 2008-09, said a release issued here.
Indo-Arab trade to grow to USD 150bn by 2012: Assocham

GCC+Iran provides 70% of our energy needs and if you add all arab countries it would probably account for 90% of our energy import needs which is a lifeline for our economy. Infact India was a third country after US and Japan to be granted dialouge partner membership to the GCC back in 2003. GCC Beckons India

There are also increasing defence ties with Oman and Qatar and slightly modest ties with Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. We have anti-terror co-operation and intelligence sharing pacts as well with Saudi Arabia under the Delhi '06 declaration. We already have regular navy exchanges and saudi personnel training at Indian defence colleges already.
INDIA – SAUDI ARABIA: THE STRATEGIC SIGNIFICANCE OF THE DELHI DECLARATION (JANUARY 2006)

Not to mention the people-to-people ties where about 6.5million Indian expats work there currently apart from historical ties. Infact, there are many migrated Indian origin people who are now Gulf or Arab citizens who have made interesting contributions. For example the first female saudi pilot Hanadi Al-Hindi as her name suggests has an Indian ethnic background
First Saudi Female Pilot Graduates

Last edited:
Guys, stick to the topic please.

sorry:P,back to the topic.

who is india's best friend in future? i don't really konw. but i know what my best friend will do.
he will give me food if i'm starving;
he will give me protection if i'm in danger;
he will give me financial support if i'm borke;
he will give me comfort if i'm sad or lonely.

so, maybe here is my answer
in the near future: Russia
in the mid term: :china:
in the long term::pakistan:

This is geo-politics.

Indian can think that China joining Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Burma, Nepal to encircle India.

Chinese can think that India joining USA, Japan, ROC (Taiwan), S. Korea, Mongolia, Vietnam to encircle China.

Of course India can think China joining hands with our neighboring countries, But do you think ,even in future can India join with Pakistan to fight with China ? India ,USA relationship is kind of imagination like this.

BJP being a major opposition party of India now and in future Modi become a big leader of this party , I really doubt about relationship between India - USA/ or its allies. Communists also do not prefer USA or its allies.

So I think even in near future there is very little scope for India - USA , except the case that congress stays in power for ever !!!

Of course India can think China joining hands with our neighboring countries, But do you think ,even in future can India join with Pakistan to fight with China ? India ,USA relationship is kind of imagination like this.

BJP being a major opposition party of India now and in future Modi become a big leader of this party , I really doubt about relationship between India - USA/ or its allies. Communists also do not prefer USA or its allies.

So I think even in near future there is very little scope for India - USA , except the case that congress stays in power for ever !!!

I think if India choose to join the US lead alliance, it would be a brilliant move.

I'm a little bit curious about the relation between India and Britain, since Britain invaded India before...

India's future friend will be israel only...all countries attention is toward pakistan only so india could be looking forward for israel only(if it will exist till future)

I'm a little bit curious about the relation between India and Britain, since Britain invaded India before...

And Britain left peacefully.

There were 200,000 brits ruling more than 150 million Indians.
It would have been a bloodbath had it been a revolution

Ghandi didn't want India to gain Independence Like that,
He said when the Brtish Leave India they will do so as Our friend.
And that is more or less what happened.

India today is part of the commonwealth of Nations as a result, and our relations with Britain are extremely friendly.

The unique thing is even the cultural exchange between both people is also very friendly.

India's future friend will be israel only...all countries attention is toward pakistan only so india could be looking forward for israel only(if it will exist till future)

Yes, focused on Pakistan as it is the most difficult foreign relations nightmare ever encounters.
they look at you as a problem.

When they talk whit India, it s about opportunity, economy, space, defense, poverty eradication. Deal making and Partnering.
Basically the normal stuff.

The focus Pakistan gets is very different then the one India gets thats for sure.

GOGBOT is correc t i live in UK .

The UK & Europe look at India as a important develiping nation which UK needs to retain close links industrially and politically.

Pakistan image is really bad since london bombing and 9/11 and its internal turmoil.

I think india will have civil war , in next 20 years , and the nation would be split into 4 halfs, north , south and east and west zones
Its a ticking time bomb with all the ethnic stress in its cities and provinces, already the divide is too visible in progress of some economic zone vs other areas.

US would support sourthern regions and may be east , and the areas which are pro communism will be supported by Russians.

Israel , would probbly resolve its differences with Arabs and theer would be a temporary peace , so they will lose interest in India

After the civil war would end after 10-15 years, then 4 zones would probbly rename and join UN ...

China will take Assam areas - during civil war. And Indian nukes would be take up by bestest friend US , in order to protect the world from nukes falling into wrong hands

I think india will have civil war , in next 20 years , and the nation would be split into 4 halfs, north , south and east and west zones
Its a ticking time bomb with all the ethnic stress in its cities and provinces, already the divide is too visible in progress of some economic zone vs other areas.

US would support sourthern regions and may be east , and the areas which are pro communism will be supported by Russians.

Israel , would probbly resolve its differences with Arabs and theer would be a temporary peace , so they will lose interest in India

After the civil war would end after 10-15 years, then 4 zones would probbly rename and join UN ...

China will take Assam areas - during civil war. And Indian nukes would be take up by bestest friend US , in order to protect the world from nukes falling into wrong hands

:blah::blah::blah::blah: day dreaming or is it night in pakistan.........cheers :cheers: youve got great imagination

Back
Top Bottom