What's new

Who are Sri Lanka’s close allies?

obviously India..culturally, Sri Lanka is closest to India

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Oooh, so you are counting on that? Interesting :lol:

Ignore him..he is just another false flagger

Now that LTTE is gone, India and Sri Lanka will definitely come closer weather the people like it or not. I have already seen Indian businessmen rushing to Lanka to get a share in their booming economy. As both the nations economies integrate, differences would be put in the back burner. In spite of all the problems, India would be Sri Lanka's closest ally. China could be used as a leverage against India but it wouldn't substitute us.

Instead of looking for allies, SL should look for countries with shared interests.

In my opinion, every relation in the modern world is governed by self interest and it is unfair to call anyone as your CLOSE ALLY.
For Pakistan and China they want a 4 way blockade for Indians(obviously to decrease its economic and moreover military domination and influence in the subcontinent) so China and Pakistan show their empathy and concern towards SL.
A common cultural and social belongingness may lead to strong bonds(which somewhat is the case in mid east and Europe) in between countries.However, this has not been a case in between India and SL.
You could bet on India if any kind of external aggression is carried or for any kind of internal help, militarily(as it was in case of IPKF in SL).But SL is competent enough to tackle those,i suppose.
Hence,it is up to you to decide whom do you want as your close ally.

whether the lankans like or not they have to live with india...they are too small and india too large for any other alternative...

Back
Top Bottom