What's new

Why 1962 will not be repeated

As I repeat...why 1962 will not be repeated...becauce we have better way to deal with India : water

i guess showing you maps of India .. didnt work ... well i thought the chinese guys working with me must be unique.. you know they take a lot of time to get some pretty simple things... but now i guess. i can generalize ..

But there are certain advantages India has even though China is 3 times our economy.

Four times you mean.

Just 3 days back Ernst and Young in their report forecasted India to be the fastest growing economy in 2013. These state the
trust the world has on Indian economy and its future.

Yep, the World Bank predicted that India would surpass China's growth rate in 2011, don't you remember this thread?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/77664-india-outpace-china-2011-wb.html

But let's look at the actual facts shall we. China is currently on 9%+ growth, while India currently is slowing down to 7.7% (these are the latest quarterly figures).

And let's not forget... 10% of 6 trillion, is a LOT more than 10% of 1.5 trillion. So even if you somehow manage to match our percentage growth rate, the actual increase in GDP will still be far more for China.

If a conflict between China between and India happened it would be Proxy, China could try a kargil scenario, or supporting Militant groups in India that would line up for Chinese weapons. Indian Maoists, Kashmiri groups, 7 sisters, but like ChineseTiger said no More war through China will keep a military and industry advantage.

Four times you mean.

Yep, the World Bank predicted that India would surpass China's growth rate in 2011, don't you remember this thread?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/77664-india-outpace-china-2011-wb.html

But let's look at the actual facts shall we. China is currently on 9%+ growth, while India currently is slowing down to 7.7% (these are the latest quarterly figures).

And let's not forget... 10% of 6 trillion, is a LOT more than 10% of 1.5 trillion. So even if you somehow manage to match our percentage growth rate, the actual increase in GDP will still be far more for China.

India outpaces China: Winning the growth World Cup | The Economist

check this already happened last year.. not in 2011 but in 2010,...

it was our forward policy conceived by Nehru that ignited the war with the Chinese, we were not a peaceful nation as for the 1962 WAR is considered, Nehru did a biggest mistake with his forward policy as well taught us a valuable leason to always be prepared for a war but not to seek one with any neighbours unless challenged upon.
Sino-Indian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First of all there's a differance between a forward policy and a direct attack back in 1962 Indian officials belived that the area PLA was pattrolling was actually Indian however they didn't and never intended to start a war withg China it was actually the Chineese who did that Our actual aim was to sufocate their military for Supply. You may belive that our forward policy was wrong but still by seeing the current attitude of China I think it was a wright decision as it still has given China a message that things may become nasty if they don't respect our borders.

According to the Moody's ratings agency:

India’s economy is likely to grow at 6.5% by mid-2012 from a growth of 7.8% year on year (YoY) in the first half of 2011, predicts Moody’s Analytics, a division of the global rating agency Moody’s. The agency is calling the engineering of a monetary policy led slowdown to fight inflation as a ‘failure’.

Inflation has been identified as the main problem with the wholesale price index registering a 9.7% annual growth in September 2011.

India slowing down sharply: Moody

The inflation is in double-digits, but the economic growth is slowing sharply.

Four times you mean.

No i meant 3 times. Maybe its four times. Indian gdp is 1.7 tr. While recent data from Chinese ministry put its GDP at 5.2 tr. So,
i am not sure.

And let's not forget... 10% of 6 trillion, is a LOT more than 10% of 1.5 trillion. Four times more in fact.

Well said. But if you have followed Indian economics. You would have known the WB did predict accurately. The WB
had considered the fact back in late 2009, that India will impose economic reforms of GST and DTC. None of them came about and now we have a hope GST to be implemented in mid 2012.Hopefully. So, the WB was not wrong, it was the red tape hindered.

Also, remember India did outpace China on adjusted growth rates with 10.4% vs China's 10.3%. So the World bank report was
partially right.
Now come to the Ernst Young report.And i again agree with you that it may fail again cause they have included the
implementation of manufacturing policy by 2013. So, all these reports are true but a major part is whether the policies considered
are implemented. Thats why i have said always consider India is not half the open economy China is.

Another point in economics, somethings we cant predict. Like recession and all. The report that says China overtaking US
doesnt consider factors like demographics and natural clamaties. So, to some extent these are guesses.

Hahaha it took you 2-3 days to tackle 11 poorly trained and arms terrorists before they killed hundreds of your people enuf said

I think by saying these words poorly trained you are actually commenting on the poor fighting skills of your Pak freinds. :woot:

India's official growth rate for that year was 8.6%. :lol: It only jumped that year if you use another method of measurement, due to a tax increase.

Anyway, a one-off event is worthless. The point is being able to sustain double-digit growth.

And now, you are back down to 7%.

well you can never predict about economy ..... may be india will shoot up to 10+ or even touch low of 5 ...
... but these figures that come out of india is real... unlike china.. where ... Communist party.. gives target to a sector to achieve 10% growth and... that province/city ..takes loan from banks... and start building GHOST cities and show the construction and add that figure into current GDP...

check this ... how your country build you GDP that is not sustainable in long run..

China's ghost towns: New satellite pictures show massive skyscraper cities which are STILL completely empty | Mail Online

you can not continue to build on projects that will not give you revenue in the end.. you can build them right now add numbers of billions of $$ in to your country.. but what will happen when these projects dont give any return after 10-20 years... banks will default .. $$$ will be reduced from your GDP in longer run ....

^^^^^^ you sikhs have lost your identity in india. You seem to have a vivid imagination. India is simply no match for china today ot in the foreseeable future

Its strange to see such kinds of words comming out of a pakistani :cheesy: And who the hell are you to show someone identity its strange that how can people even take that shyt from you.

According to the Moody's ratings agency:

India slowing down sharply: Moody

The inflation is in double-digits, but the economic growth is slowing sharply.

As i said these reports surmise to a certain extent. Dont forget they predicted little FDI for India over the next two years but economics scenario change quickly.

India's FDI surges to $ 20.76 bn in 2011 despite global economic slowdown :)

http://www.commodityonline.com/market-movers/Indias-FDI-surges-to-$-2076-bn-in-2011-despite-global-economic-slowdown-October%2028,%202011%2017:40:00-3-4245-3-1.html

Lemme give you another example. What happened to those reports that said US will go in a recession and clock somewhere
1.3% growth in fiscal 2012.

US Q3 GDP up 2.5%; weekly jobless claims lower - Economic Times

So, these reports dont count the sudden dramatic policy changes or consumer environment taking place.

better tell that too your Chinese scholar... in Taiwan ... they have build statue of him.. so I guess pretty knowledgeable guy he was ...

The modern China is leading by Atheists, so it doesn't really matter. :coffee:

India's official growth rate for that year was 8.6%. :lol: It only jumped that year if you use another method of measurement, due to a tax increase.

Anyway, a one-off event is worthless. The point is being able to sustain double-digit growth.

And now, you are back down to 7%.

No he is right. This is the fact i stated in my previous post. On adjusted basis India outpaced China 10.4 vs 10.3 GDP growth.
Thats why i said the WB prediction was partially correct. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom