What's new

Why are Pakistani TV channels not popular in Bangladesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riyad

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Please discuss why Pakistani dramas which are even getting popular in North India is not popular in Bangladesh at all despite showing modest values and good quality dramas which also reflects Muslim household culture.

I recently just tried to watch Pakistani TV channel Hum Sitarey. My family members seem to be totally disinterested to Pakistani dramas. They seem to be more interested to watch Zee Bangla and Star Jolsha. Both are Bangla channels but Indian Bangla channels.

Please discuss why Pakistani dramas which is even popular among Hindi belts of North India is not popular in Bangladesh at all despite showing modest values and good quality dramas which also reflects Muslim household culture.

I recently just tried to watch Pakistani TV channel Hum Sitarey. My family members seem to be totally disinterested to Pakistani dramas. They seem to be more interested to watch Zee Bangla and Star Jolsha. Both are Bangla channels but Indian Bangla channels.

Language, hate for the people since the 71 war, Bengalis being ethnically and racially close to Indian people and so on.

It could simply be a bias. Under Hasina, as you know, rhetoric against Pakistan has increased, that would obviously spread to the population, especially the older generation.

Language, hate for the people since the 71 war, Bengalis being ethnically and racially close to Indian people and so on.

Hindi channels are very popular after Indian Bangla channels. Urdu to be closer to Hindi is not extremely difficult for Bangladeshis to at least understand conversation but still no interest at all.

Moreover Pakistani dramas show Muslim family culture but Indian Bangla channels show all characters are Hindus seem popular.

Trnaslation into other language ruins the literature, art, draams etc... at least actual meaning is lost... only a fan can watch such things...

Hindi channels are very popular after Indian Bangla channels. Urdu to be closer to Hindi is not extremely difficult for Bangladeshis to at least understand conversation but still no interest at all.

Moreover Pakistani dramas show Muslim family culture but Indian Bangla channels show all characters are Hindus seem popular.

Urdu = language of the enemy, according to the ruling party now which sees no sign of going.
As for the Hindu culture v Muslim culture, hey that's what your people like, all the power to them.

Gaon Dehaton me dekhte hain abhi tak log PTV

Its just sensationalism of breaking news that is keeping media alive otherwise in this day and age...... its pretty much over everywhere else

Na bhi na abb gaoon dehatoon me bhi mushkill hai, 100 Rs ki tou cable lag jati hai backward area me. Some even go as low as 70 Rs/month

EBC1E921-1D8E-4CD0-A4A5-73FBA1B93DB3.png
My post is not related to dramas or tv etc but just out of interest I just compared Pak and Bangladeshi’s area and Im shocked that its alot smaller in size but population difference is only 40 mill.

I think Bangladeshi tv will be more popular in their country and Indian culture is more closer to them, India also have a big Bangali population.

He's bluntly lying. The bengli following for Pakistani music and serials is large. The proof is in the views and comments on any Pakisran entertainment channels. He brought up this topic because a few weeks back one member pointed this out and people of his sort had no answer to the Pakistani's question.
He's been hold this for thr past few weeks and it kept boiling inside of him, until he couldn't handle the rage, thus the creation of this page. Human nature is very predictable, it's kinda cute.

@OsmanAli98 @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan
I believe it was one of you that brought the facts up.

Trnaslation into other language ruins the literature, art, draams etc... at least actual meaning is lost... only a fan can watch such things...
Who says? Translation only kills some humor, the rest of the emotions or atleast the emotions that the shows are targeting, relatively stay unchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom