What's new

Why are Pakistani TV channels not popular in Bangladesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please discuss why Pakistani dramas which are even getting popular in North India is not popular in Bangladesh at all despite showing modest values and good quality dramas which also reflects Muslim household culture.

I recently just tried to watch Pakistani TV channel Hum Sitarey. My family members seem to be totally disinterested to Pakistani dramas. They seem to be more interested to watch Zee Bangla and Star Jolsha. Both are Bangla channels but Indian Bangla channels.

We don't have any access to Pakistani Tv channel so no interest establish for their drama or any program. Besides this as we are watching Hindi channel for decades we can understand Hindi but not Urdu. Pakistan may have better quality TV program but unless we have easy access it's difficult to divert people to Pakistani channel.

We don't have any access to Pakistani Tv channel so no interest establish for their drama or any program. Besides this as we are watching Hindi channel for decades we can understand Hindi but not Urdu. Pakistan may have better quality TV program but unless we have easy access it's difficult to divert people to Pakistani channel.
most channels are live streaming on the internet these days.

Okay but who are they ?

If you don’t watch cricket that’s your problem!! No need to mention who are they or who is worlds number 1 all rounder or who scored 200 in test, 150 in odi and 100 in T20.

Please discuss why Pakistani dramas which are even getting popular in North India is not popular in Bangladesh at all despite showing modest values and good quality dramas which also reflects Muslim household culture.

I recently just tried to watch Pakistani TV channel Hum Sitarey. My family members seem to be totally disinterested to Pakistani dramas. They seem to be more interested to watch Zee Bangla and Star Jolsha. Both are Bangla channels but Indian Bangla channels.
You are right, one musical reality show is quite popular in BD, i am not sure if it's still on air though. A Bangladeshi artist has made quite a name for himself on it. Remember watching his rendition of 'korar oi loho kopat' and 'chol chol chol' on YT.

Coming to the topic, after a day's hard work people seek to watch quality content on television to unwind. Indian Bengali channels and movies were already popular, it is the trend of Hindi channels/movies getting popular in Bangladesh that intrigues me. You have Bollywood songs blaring in receptions ,people dancing to the tunes, coming to India to purchase your favourite costumes based on the characters have become commonplace. Result of the growing cooperation between both countries, methinks. How are your hardline linguistic nationalists taking to it, if i may ask.

most channels are live streaming on the internet these days.

But if we cant understand urdu why we will watch them unless those program create some attraction . we have been watching Indian hindi and bangla channel fo many years so a loyal audience already created they will try to watch Indian channel by any means unlike Pakistani channel .

But if we cant understand urdu why we will watch them unless those program create some attraction . we have been watching Indian hindi and bangla channel fo many years so a loyal audience already created they will try to watch Indian channel by any means unlike Pakistani channel .

Mark my words, when Pakistan begins shooting historical epics, all of BD and probably India will be addicted.

It’s only a matter of time at this point with Pakistan’s new cultural revolution.

We have lot of Bd women working in our film industry, BTW here is one famous Bengali who got interviewed.

You had to open that can of worms, lol.

They really hate it here.

Mark my words, when Pakistan begins shooting historical epics, all of BD and probably India will be addicted.

It’s only a matter of time at this point with Pakistan’s new cultural revolution.

You had to open that can of worms, lol.

They really hate it here.

Invest heavily in this industry like India . with Indian movie and tv serial they are having soft power unlike Pakistan . India is promoting its tourism industry by its Bollywood Pakistan should try that too . Pakistan too have many tourist attraction like India .

well Pakistani channels will never be in bangla, so...

This is how Pakistan was depicted after Banglawash in 2015 getting teased by an Indian in a Bengali ad.

Bamboo is on!!

That is 10-15 year old episode. Ask him to make one with look a like of Shakib or Tamim, if the host can dare to do that as it will be much more than Chae this time.
For which club does he play in Bd..? I never heard about him.

o_O:what::o:

The guy living in the next street doesn't like "Honda" cars and prefers "Toyota" why? or the same guy asking me to answer why he doesn't like Honda and prefers Toyota, Do you see the absurdity of the question, why the hell should I care. None of my business he doesn't like Honda, so what, no skin off my back. Bengalis don't like our dramas and prefer Indian dramas its none of our problem.

I think the question emanates from the inferiority complex of Bengalis, they are so Pakistan focused they want us to justify why they don't like us, our language or our entertainment. Frankly we don't give a s**t to it.

We are different races, with different cultures, different values, different foods, different fruits, the only common thing between us is the religion not even its ideology, we even appear different.

We don't need them to like us, our language, or our entertainment, how they portray us in their media is their own problem. This question could better be answered on bangla forums not our forums, no of Pakistanis hanging out on Bengali forums vs bengalis hanging over in our forums should give you an idea as to who is focused on who.

We are least bothered with you, having interacted with bengalis from Malaysia to U.K to Jackson heights to Toronto (thank goodness I was saved nearly from visiting the bengalis eden named "bangladesh") I have observed the same behavior from bengalis they want us to answer why they don't like us, my answer has always been none of my business go consult a "psychologist" for your emotional distress.

Last edited:
Invest heavily in this industry like India . with Indian movie and tv serial they are having soft power unlike Pakistan . India is promoting its tourism industry by its Bollywood Pakistan should try that too . Pakistan too have many tourist attraction like India .

I think Pakistan’s entertainment industry is more like Turkish and Iranian types.

We, and most other Islamic countries, love sad, depressing, realistic dramas with plenty of romance over overly optimistic, cheap humor like Bollywood or special effects and sex based like Hollywood.

This is why Turkish and Iranian content emanate with our populace.

I definitely see something along the lines of Pakistani Dirilis Ertugrul-like historical drama based on Dilli Sultanat, Mahmud e Ghazni, Muhammad Ghauri,Mughal dynasty (esp Sultan Babur and Aurangzeb Alamgir,) or even Haider Ali/Tipu Sultan.

Becuase we are not hindu and cant show hindu bengali culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom