What's new

Why are Pakistani TV channels not popular in Bangladesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Bangladeshis nowadays understand Urdu, I remember reading an article about how they have absorbed Urdu (albeit the unsophisticated version) through Bollywood after fighting it tooth and nail when part of Pakistan.

Frankly, we don’t care if it is popular in BD.

But secretly we know you guys follow our news, politics, battles, and media. Call it an obsession.

Many Indians/BDis know more about Pakistani politics and have opinions about it than many Pakistanis.

Actually you noticed this more in the Bangladeshi diaspora they know Urdu and the in and outs of Pakistan as well I call it "collective amensia" because when they were part of our nation they complained about Urdu being shoved down their throats yet when they are an independent nation they constant use of Urdu/Hindi perplex many like myself who have met Bdeshis here who despise Pakistan. I have no ills to Bdsehis or Bangladesh tho I may have made fun of them in past threads it was mainly for Bdeshi trolls but frankly they should stop being so arrogant thinking they are rich and wealthy than we are its not like BDESH is a Nordic country having high GDP does not mean your rich than us its just means you have better management however I am glad they are better than India in that regard as it can blow the bubble of "rising elephant" lol

Some of you on this forum are simpletons and clearly, as age has gone by you guys have not matured. Why do people like Indian dramas in BD? Because they like it. Duh?

Why are Pakistani Dramas not popular? Because they don't like them! Duh

Now if you'd stop opening these useless threads and stop overthinking every act or move, and putting a political tag on every moving thing is annoying and immature asf.

Some of you on this forum are simpletons and clearly, as age has gone by you guys have not matured. Why do people like Indian dramas in BD? Because they like it. Duh?

Why are Pakistani Dramas not popular? Because they don't like them! Duh

Now if you'd stop opening these useless threads and stop overthinking every act or move, and putting a political tag on every moving thing is annoying and immature asf.
He's clearly trolling.

A desperate attempt to rile up the gullible Pakistani posters.

But he's correct about one thing though, Indian bangla serials r extremely popular in Bangladesh. Even our own dramas don't have half of the viewers as those drama serials have.

Please discuss why Pakistani dramas which are even getting popular in North India is not popular in Bangladesh at all despite showing modest values and good quality dramas which also reflects Muslim household culture.

I recently just tried to watch Pakistani TV channel Hum Sitarey. My family members seem to be totally disinterested to Pakistani dramas. They seem to be more interested to watch Zee Bangla and Star Jolsha. Both are Bangla channels but Indian Bangla channels.
simple dude, Pakistani channels are in urdu while the vast majority of Bangladeshis speak bengali...duh! Dramas are only for entertainment purposes and for entertainment, UNDERSTANDING what's being said is a prerequisite. Never has been and never will be a measure of "loyalty" to any country or culture. As I've said many many MANY times before, I have multiple Bangladeshi neighboers and NONE of them either watch Pakistani dramas and NONE of them speak urdu...they all watch indian bengali channels and yet, they are ALL pro-Pakistan vis-a-vis india.

Please discuss why Pakistani dramas which are even getting popular in North India is not popular in Bangladesh at all despite showing modest values and good quality dramas which also reflects Muslim household culture.

I recently just tried to watch Pakistani TV channel Hum Sitarey. My family members seem to be totally disinterested to Pakistani dramas. They seem to be more interested to watch Zee Bangla and Star Jolsha. Both are Bangla channels but Indian Bangla channels.

My female relatives like Indian movies over Pakistani, but like Pakistan TV dramas over Indian.

My female relatives like Indian movies over Pakistani, but like Pakistan TV dramas over Indian.
I'm sorry man, but just can't watch indian movies in a family environment, not the new ones at least. straight up embarrassing...

Language, hate for the people since the 71 war, Bengalis being ethnically and racially close to Indian people and so on.
Bengals are identical to east Indians such as odias, Bengals, and assamese, but very little with the rest of india.

The answer to the op's question can simply be boiled down to language. Urdu is commonly spoken in northern and northwestern india, so of course Pakistani dramas are famous there. However in South india, neither hindi nor Pakistani dramas are commonly watched

Last edited:

You are viewing things from a political & religious angle , thats your problem.

Language & same region gives rise to shared culture which makes ppl connect to & understand each other very easily. Other than religion its there is nothing that ordinary BD citizen has common with pakistani.

There is no such thing as muslim culture or hindu culture , every region will evolve and have its own unique quirks and features. A non-muslim will from BD will know more about his fellow compatriot's food , dressing ,behavior ,attitude etc than a person of same religion 1000 miles far apart.

If you see an american & british have same language /religion but their culture & behavior are miles apart.

Bangladeshi succumbs to inferiority complex after watching Pakistani actors and actresses.. Their ugly self resembles with the indians more..
that's a load of horse crap. You can distinctly tell the difference between a Bangladeshi and an indian, hands down! A beef eater is a beef eater, be he Pakistani or Bangladeshi, can't compare it to a crooked veggie chewing indian goat!

We have lot of Bd women working in our film industry, BTW here is one famous Bengali who got interviewed.

That is 10-15 year old episode. Ask him to make one with look a like of Shakib or Tamim, if the host can dare to do that as it will be much more than Chae this time.

That is 10-15 year old episode. Ask him to make one with look a like of Shakib or Tamim, if the host can dare to do that as it will be much more than Chae this time.
moin akther passed away a long time ago...

Okay but who are they ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom