What's new

Why do investors prefer start-ups in India, Pakistan over Bangladesh?

@Khan_21

There has been numerous international coverage about PK being the next big thing for startups. Has been covered by bloomberg ,Nikkei etc etc.

Widely covered by my dear friend Brof sb (@RiazHaq) as well.

Regards

Lol. Do you really think that the world (of investors) believe their trumped up per capita numbers? Potential of that country as perceived by the world is represented by their FDI and stock market investments. Bangladesh significantly lack in both.

But do tell me, how many of these Indian "unicorns" are actual technology producers ? Since there are at least two computer engineers in every street in India what technology have contributed to the computing world ? You can consult with @Chat SAMOSA who has "40 years of experience in computing including in operating system kernels".

You got your math wrong. It's 250 times Bangladesh. I hope the economic superpower of South Asia forgive us.

Yes, the 6th largest economy in the world aka "the world's most populous democracy" has people from everywhere in the world coming in droves every month to partake of the sublime good life here, at the beck and call of prosperous Indians :

India got 100 times what Pakistan got and 200 times what Bangladesh got. Ofcourse India is a primitive economy incomparable to efficient east asian economy of the asian tiger.

Dude, stop derailing this with reference to my correct analysis of BD as being the only “Asian Tiger” economy in the region right now.

BD has stable and high economic growth and while India is doing well, it is too erratic and of course it is multi-ethnic as well.

I praised India in this specific area but overall expect Indian gdp growth rate to trail BD by 1-2% on average this decade.

Indian growth will come in at 6-7% while BD is in the 7-8% range.

Think of BD as being like one of the better performing Indian states like Gujarat. There is no way that India as a whole can match that.

I already pointed this out multiple times. No matter how morons here whine about bd model economy bla bla BS absolutely no one in bay street or wall street buy that shit. It has zero credibility.

You talk with any money managers ask what they think of bd. One answer its a hub for sweatshops making cheap underwear. Perception is everything. Bd is what it is. A country overly dependent on selling cheap cotton underwear and middle east remittance.

Other then bkash only unicorn of Bangladesh seriously lol...170 million ppl country has one unicorn...pathetic...bangla ppl love showoff way more then any one else. You can see that from bunch of bd posts Here as well. U can only go that far with bs and lies....no one is buying it.

Also half if the so called start up in bd is selling clothes on Facebook platform. U call it start up? Fucks sake.

Dude, stop derailing this with reference to my correct analysis of BD as being the only “Asian Tiger” economy in the region right now.

BD has stable and high economic growth and while India is doing well, it is too erratic and of course it is multi-ethnic as well.

I praised India in this specific area but overall expect Indian gdp growth rate to trail BD by 1-2% on average this decade.

Indian growth will come in at 6-7% while BD is in the 7-8% range.

Think of BD as being like one of the better performing Indian states like Gujarat. There is no way that India as a whole can match that.
I appreciate your response, but even if ya’ll compare BD with Gujjuland then still in every metric it’s ahead of BD. Be it electricity production, consumption, exports and even consuption of things. For BD to be like Gujarat I’ll have to see something solid in Bangladesh in every field. For example the IT exports from just 4 buildings in GIFT City Gandhinagar were around ₹4000 crore or $635 mn in the year 2019-20.

While Bangladesh only in 2021-22 has achieved $1.4 bn in IT exports

Well BD needs to show that yes they’re indeed compete with Gujarat with figures.
Anyways all the best to you guys.

I appreciate your response, but even if ya’ll compare BD with Gujjuland then still in every metric it’s ahead of BD. Be it electricity production, consumption, exports and even consuption of things. For BD to be like Gujarat I’ll have to see something solid in Bangladesh in every field. For example the IT exports from just 4 buildings in GIFT City Gandhinagar were around ₹4000 crore or $635 mn in the year 2019-20.

While Bangladesh only in 2021-22 has achieved $1.4 bn in IT exports

Well BD needs to show that yes they’re indeed compete with Gujarat with figures.
Anyways all the best to you guys.

Yes Gujarat is ahead of BD no less but my post was to show that BD economy is more like Gujarat than whole India average.

Gujarat has more money and overall base than BD for sure but BD is building its infrastructure and capital that it will soon be able to do what Gujarat was doing last decade.

But do tell me, how many of these Indian "unicorns" are actual technology producers ? Since there are at least two computer engineers in every street in India what technology have contributed to the computing world ? You can consult with @Chat SAMOSA who has "40 years of experience in computing including in operating system kernels".

Yes, the 6th largest economy in the world aka "the world's most populous democracy" has people from everywhere in the world coming in droves every month to partake of the sublime good life here, at the beck and call of prosperous Indians :
lol. you green glasses are seen. Now please shuuu..

Yes Gujarat is ahead of BD no less but my post was to show that BD economy is more like Gujarat than whole India average.

Gujarat has more money and overall base than BD for sure but BD is building its infrastructure and capital that it will soon be able to do what Gujarat was doing last decade.
lol. future tense is never a guarantee. Its more likely that Bangladesh will become next srilanka IMO.

Excelt for some Bimaru states, rest have progressed a lot, most of the states in India have GDP per capita higher than the national average.

Excelt for some Bimaru states, rest have progressed a lot, most of the states in India have GDP per capita higher than the national average.

True that but remember that the poorest states are huge in terms of population.

Let us take Utta Pradesh.

It has a population of 240 million but a GDP of just over 200 billion US dollars with a per capita GDP around 800 US dollars - 1/3rd that of BD and India.

Do not get me wrong, India is now doing relatively well for such a multiethnic country but unless BD messes up really badly, as a country India will lag BD growth by like I say 1-2% a year on average into the forseeable future. Even IMF now says BD growth will accelerate past India after 2024 but they think by something like 0.5-1% a year.

Last edited:
lol. you green glasses are seen. Now please shuuu..

lol. future tense is never a guarantee. Its more likely that Bangladesh will become next srilanka IMO.
🤣😂😁 India with a debt to GDP ratio now over 95% and you think Bangladesh is going to be the next Sri Lanka? Your opinion don't count for shyte.

True that but remember that the poorest states are huge in terms of population.

Let us take Utta Pradesh.

It has a population of 240 million but a GDP of just over 200 billion US dollars with a per capita GDP arounbd 800 US dollars - 1/3rd that of BD and India.

Do not get me wrong, India is now doing relatively well for such a multiethnic country but unless BD messes up really badly, as a country India will lag BD growth by like I say 1-2% a year on average into the forseeable future. Even IMF now says BD growth will accelerate past India after 2024 but they think by something like 0.5-1% a year.
UP’s GDP was $260 bn last year.

UP’s GDP was $260 bn last year.

Ok the data I took was a bit out of date and it looks like it is 270 billion US dollars and so around half the per capita of BD and India.

Is Utta Pradesh growing faster than India as a whole as currently states like Gujarat have 3 times the per capita of it?

Ok the data I took was a bit out of date and it looks like it is 270 billion US dollars and so around half the per capita of BD and India.

Is Utta Pradesh growing faster than India as a whole as currently states like Gujarat have 3 times the per capita of it?
Well I always suspected UP’s figures to be this low, I mean it’s cities and as a state it itself has achieved a lot, hard for me to digest that they just have $1000 per capita GDP.

Back
Top Bottom