What's new

why is anonmity not practised in our special forces?

bhola record

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I was going through the special forces images and a thing almost annoyed me why does our SFs practice anonmity? Why do we have instagram pages running with thousands of photgraphs of operatives.In my humble opinion such practices shouldnot be encouraged.Well i met a GOC SSG cannot say which his son was my cousin's friend but i had no knowledge about it. do you know how i figuured out his home?From background of his house which was just 10 minutes away from my home.
why cant this be normalised instead of this.Please do correct me if i am wrong.
download (31).jpg

IIRC The book "SSG tareekh key aaine main" had names of the then serving commanders with pictures of some of the Col or Brig level officers. So much for Opsec.

I bought the book from Saeed book bank. I gave the book as a gift to a retired soldier from SSG after reading it.

IIRC The book "SSG tareekh key aaine main" had names of the then serving commanders with pictures of some of the Col or Brig level officers. So much for Opsec.

I bought the book from Saeed book bank. I gave the book as a gift to a retired soldier from SSG after reading it.
on contary i read bravo two zero in which all names were changed pictures were placed but were unidentifiable.

I was going through the special forces images and a thing almost annoyed me why does our SFs practice anonmity? Why do we have instagram pages running with thousands of photgraphs of operatives.In my humble opinion such practices shouldnot be encouraged.Well i met a GOC SSG cannot say which his son was my cousin's friend but i had no knowledge about it. do you know how i figuured out his home?From background of his house which was just 10 minutes away from my home.
View attachment 655260

special forces != covert
on average how long does a SF soldier stay in special forces in Pakistan ?

OPSEC is strictly followed wherever it is warranted. Whenever there is no appearant anonymity, it simply means that it was not necessary. There are also 'specials' among specials and those remain anonymous. However, I agree that pride and ego should never be allowed to compromise OPSEC.

View attachment 655260
There r different type of special forces. CIA is also a special force but dont we kniw the front staff of CIA?

The secrecy is requires for undercover agents which will remain so

special forces != covert
on average how long does a SF soldier stay in special forces in Pakistan ?
soldier cans stay as long as they meet the standard it is a 5 year assignment for officers

There r different type of special forces. CIA is also a special force but dont we kniw the front staff of CIA?

The secrecy is requires for undercover agents which will remain so
CIA is an intelligence agency bro .Special activities division may qualify as a special ops.Intelligence is a much more secretive job.An ISI operative doesn't even tell his own family he is in ISI

OPSEC is strictly followed wherever it is warranted. Whenever there is no appearant anonymity, it simply means that it was not necessary. There are also 'specials' among specials and those remain anonymous. However, I agree that pride and ego should never be allowed to compromise OPSEC.
Some time ago, i saw a man posting instagram stories in siachin about his patrol.I don't remember what he wrote but that is a breach right there.

Some time ago, i saw a man posting instagram stories in siachin about his patrol.I don't remember what he wrote but that is a breach right there.

If it was a genuine one, there is a high possibility that he was following his superiors's orders. We can not completely blackout our theaters from general public and that is a bad idea. There are many good reasons to do these postings which are carried out in line with command authorities.

Ego, officers tend to show off believe it or not... Zarrar ATU practice anonimity but still we see some pictures of them without balaclava or blacked out face. Seriously it just takes a 100 Rupees balaclava or mask.

SSG personnel showing their faces during Hayatabad CT operatopn whicg is sensitive stuff. Terrorist might track down their families or them when they are off duty...

So much for the OPSEC and their families safety too.
5cb6506e859ad.jpg

5cb7f48b898ec.jpg

D4QnmquWAAEvtDh.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

If it was a genuine one, there is a high possibility that he was following his superiors's orders. We can not completely blackout our theaters from general public and that is a bad idea. There are many good reasons to do these postings which are carried out in line with command authorities.
Fb par Sana request kese bhejegi jub tub shakal nazar nahiin aaegi?
yaar sana ko fauji pasand hai to ghar bhej day rishta

Ego, officers tend to show off believe it or not... Zarrar ATU practice anonimity but still we see some pictures of them without balaclava or blacked out face. Seriously it just takes a 100 Rupees balaclava or mask.

SSG personnel showing their faces during Hayatabad CT operatopn whicg is sensitive stuff. Terrorist might track down their families or them when they are off duty...

So much for the OPSEC and their families safety too.
5cb6506e859ad.jpg

5cb7f48b898ec.jpg

D4QnmquWAAEvtDh.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
what about this one
g (5).jpg

then why do we have iispr bhai?just to make songs?

True, but then why does the buck stop at the personnel and not ISPR as an institution itself? All videos I've seen of the 3 main SF groups, every single video clearly shows the face of the operatives - yes SM presence is an issue, major issue, but there needs to be a top-down approach to this.

Now people want Pakistani armed forces to completely mask their faces on 24/7 basis while on duty or when wearing uniform?

This is unrealistic expectation.

If you want to cover your face on 24/7 basis, you should not be in the army to begin with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom