What's new

Why is Pakistan afraid of international perception when testing its ICBM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you realistically assess the Pakistani economy to be able to bear another round of crippling sanctions at this juncture?

People will have a tough time justifying sanctions for us when they don't impose the same on India. Just keep saying peace peace peace peace.

My My...Pakistan has really big ambitions...of hitting anyone anywhere in the world.

In that case. :tup:

India has the same if it builds ICBMs.

Look, all regard my friend, but it is really far fetched to assume that China will give Pakistan any techmology beyond what can limited stymie India. China's purpose is only limited to that range and even the taller than Himalyas friendship cannot be stretched beyond that.

Of course if you come back denying the fact that the technology is a gift then it is a totally different basis to the discussion and you can wish what you want!!

People say that 7000 km technology is ready. My questioning here is not on the validity of that claim, my questioning here is about why fear the usage of ICBM?

Yeah an SLV would make more sense.

And an SLV can be converted into an ICBM with some tactical modifications.

A SLV capable of launching multiple satellites (MIRV) or geosync satellites (long range ICBM) is a perfectly reasonable endeavor. Of course the West will throw a tantrum, like they did for NK, but Pakistan needs to stress their SLV nature.

Purpose is the same as India's. India should technically now not build missiles of superior range right? But it will, what is its purpose?

India will go to the point where it can hit anyone in the world. Why? We have the same reasons.

The problem with that is that the west will never allow Pak to have a fully functional ICBM with a range that could hit them, it will give the west sleepless nights ... West will create the same kind of mess to Pak that Iran today is facing(Even though Iran doesnt have ICBM or the capacity to strike US) , at least Irans leaders are having the guts to face the west head on but Pak leaders have not shown that kind of willingness to take the west head on ....

Indias case is different because the west feels India is a responsible power that will not threaten them

Of course if you come back denying the fact that the technology is a gift then it is a totally different basis to the discussion and you can wish what you want!!

India got the cryogenic engine tech from Russia, so there's no harm in admitting that Pakistan would use Chinese help.

People say that 7000 km technology is ready. My questioning here is not on the validity of that claim, my questioning here is about why fear the usage of ICBM?
For a sovereign country that's a no brainer - if you wanna test it go ahead but be ready for the consequences(read sanctions) as of this point in time no country can do so against IND but the same doesn't apply to you I'm afraid !

People will have a tough time justifying sanctions for us when they don't impose the same on India. ......................

Have we not seen what has happened with the civil nuclear technology deal already? What "tough time" did anybody have with that totally one-sided and discriminatory arrangement?

The problem with that is that the west will never allow Pak to have a fully functional ICBM with a range that could hit them, it will give the west sleepless nights ... West will create the same kind of mess to Pak that Iran today is facing(Even though Iran doesnt have ICBM or the capacity to strike US) , at least Irans leaders are having the guts to face the west head on but Pak leaders have not shown that kind of willingness to take the west head on ....

Once the genie is out of the bottle and Pakistan demonstrates an ICBM, what will the West do?

What will sanctions achieve? Make us forget the technology somehow?

GSLV will be the platform for futther development of weapon systems. Till India has not perfected the Cryogenic systems aboard the GSLV, no point in India developing anything with a longer range. Also in current day India, the threat perceptions do not deem it necessary. Why should India, in the current environment, then seek delivery systems are of longer range than A5?

Because development takes time and resources - both of which will not be available overnight should the need arise.

Have we Indians truly forgotten 30 years of American sanctions and USS Enterprise in the BoB?

Come on brothers. Sleep with one eye open. Same with partying.

Have we not seen what has happened with the civil nuclear technology deal already? What "tough time" did anybody have with that totally one-sided and discriminatory arrangement?

That is reward. Punishments are scrutinized and people have to justify to their parliaments and get votes on it.

Indias case is different because the west feels India is a responsible power that will not threaten them

What do you think the West, and specifically the US's reaction will be when we cross 10,000 km?

The Chinese can hit them, North Koreans can hit them. West lives with those things too and we haven't gone on the offensive against the west, ever compared to them.

btw the missile has 5000 km range which isnt too much

That is reward. Punishments are scrutinized and people have to justify to their parliaments and get votes on it.
Except that you'll only need the UNSC for approving those sanctions i.e. 5 countries where only CN will veto the motion if that's in their interest !

Quite frankly, we don't have a functional ICBM. We never felt the need for one, who would I want to hit in Europe? We can cover much of India quite fine as it is. We have no desire for any enmity with anyone.

Even for Nukes USA said that they are unsafe in PK and could fall at the hands of terrorists , then imagine if you develop an ICBM which can actually hit their homeland will they allow you to do it ???

USA will ensure that they put so much pressure on your civilian and armed leaders behind the closed doors that they will eventually give up any such plans of going for ICBMs , no such worries for India though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom