What's new

Why not women military chief??

i have never observed women military chief in indian armed forces.
Can't we have them or is there any law which prevent them??

:undecided::undecided::undecided::undecided:

even never seen women chief in any country of world

You have Posted 4536 posts and Got thanked by 2726 times and still posting this kind of post.

1. If you asking for law then atleast read law as per by country, do not need to post.

2.If not then atleast look over the military structure of your country.

Now my comments:-
Yaar kabhi khud bhi padh liya karo, kyon faltu ki lower-5 class things post karte ho ??????.

I want to see female chief in every country including Pakistan. I bet, there will be no war. Everywhere, Love, Love and love....:kiss3:

then we will see cat fight:devil:

Catfight.jpg

You have Posted 4536 posts and Got thanked by 2726 times and still posting this kind of post.

1. If you asking for law then atleast read law as per by country, do not need to post.

2.If not then atleast look over the military structure of your country.

Now my comments:-
Yaar kabhi khud bhi padh liya karo, kyon faltu ki lower-5 class things post karte ho ??????.[/B]

galti hogi janaab...maaf kardo:rolleyes:

I want to see female chief in every country including Pakistan. I bet, there will be no war. Everywhere, Love, Love and love....:kiss3:

:lol: You're so wrong, dude. When women get pissed, shyte hits the fan bigtime. :D

Women by nature are like a volcano; gentle and calm otherwise but when they get pissed, its big trouble. lol!

Pakistan has a 3 star lady General , i am sure India is behind us in this domain.

Pakistan has a 3 star lady General , i am sure India is behind us in this domain.

Lol...maybe in your dreams. Remember, our country is a democracy. Female participation in all the branches of our armed forces are quite extensive.

Lt General (Mrs) Punita Arora of the Army's Medical Corps was the first woman Lt General of Indian Army. Lt Gen Punita Arora graduated from Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune and joined Army Medical Corps in 1968. She did her Post-graduation in Gynae and Obst from AFMC and was awarded Gold Medal for standing first in Pune University. During her service she worked as Gynaecologist at various prestigious Armed Forces Hospitals like Prof & Head AFMC and Army Hospital (R & R).

Lt Gen Punita Arora was awarded Sena Medal by President of India for establishing Gynae Endoscopy and Oncology facilities in Armed Forces Hospitals. She was awarded Vishisht Seva Medal by President of India for the efficient and prompt treatment provided to the victims of Kalu Chak terrorist attack, under her leadership while commanding Military Hospital, Jammu. Lt Gen (Mrs) Punita Arora was appointed as Commandant, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune

If Ghaddaffi was around then maybe we would probably have seen one...

If Ghaddaffi was around then maybe we would probably have seen one...

And that's why he is not around anymore!

(Just a cheap joke, I don't really mean it.)

And that's why he is not around anymore!

(Just a cheap joke, I don't really mean it.)

How is it a joke? Do you see me laughing?
I am just saying that this could have been a possibility...

How is it a joke? Do you see me laughing?
I am just saying that this could have been a possibility...

Well I can't really explain a joke, that sort of defeats the purpose of the joke. I'm sorry if you didn't get what it meant, but I can't help with that. In any case the joke wasn't on you or about you, so relax.

And a joke is a joke whether you laugh at it or not. It is a joke to people who find it funny. To others it isn't. A joke is not an absolute thing.

Why does it have to be a female military chief from Asia?

Lets take a look here:
Isn't the West very well known for 'freedom of rights'? Weren't they the first ones to speak out against gender race? Forget about female chief for now, we have yet to come across a female Prime Minister or President in that part of the world. Hillary Clinton would have been a good contender, but she was no where close in winning...

Lets take a look here:
Isn't the West very well known for 'freedom of rights'? Weren't they the first ones to speak out against gender race? Forget about female chief for now, we have yet to come across a female Prime Minister or President in that part of the world. Hillary Clinton would have been a good contender, but she was no where close in winning...

No, because there is no such concept.

Yes the west was the first to advocate equality for women, if thats what you are saying. Now as to having women presidents or prime ministers, while it is true that south asia has seen more of those, you have to realise that in each of those cases, they inherited power from their families - whether it is indira gandhi or benazir bhutto or kumaratunga or bhandaranaige or sheikh hasina. They all had prime ministers or presidents for fathers. In the west they don't have these dynastic successions, hence why women haven't been able to take advantage of it.

But they have had women in very important and powerful positions WITHOUT inheriting it from their daddies. Like condoleezza rice.

The US navy has women commanding more firepower than probably the firepowers of the Indian or pakistani navies (I am not saying this to offend, just laying out the fact that the west is indeed far more advanced in this regard). They have even had several women admirals, some of them commanding expeditionary strike groups, task forces or carrier battle groups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_D._Klein
(Rear admiral, naval aviator, combat officer, currently commanding expeditionary strike group five)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nora_W._Tyson
(Commanded a supercarrier and the carrier strike group until recently.)

And these are just two examples from many.

No, because there is no such concept.

Yes the west was the first to advocate equality for women, if thats what you are saying. Now as to having women presidents or prime ministers, while it is true that south asia has seen more of those, you have to realise that in each of those cases, they inherited power from their families - whether it is indira gandhi or benazir bhutto or kumaratunga or bhandaranaige or sheikh hasina. They all had prime ministers or presidents for fathers. In the west they don't have these dynastic successions, hence why women haven't been able to take advantage of it.

But they have had women in very important and powerful positions WITHOUT inheriting it from their daddies. Like condoleezza rice.
You have a valid point about family politics...

However,

I'll give you my word here. Hina Rabbani Khar will be the next Prime Minister of Pakistan... She is getting considered seriously since Yousuf Raza Gilani will now be moving to jail.

You have a valid point about family politics...

However,

I'll give you my word here. Hina Rabbani Khar will be the next Prime Minister of Pakistan... She is getting considered seriously since Yousuf Raza Gilani will now be moving to jail.

Good luck with that. She is a talented person, no doubt.

Lets take a look here:

So you haven't heard about Margrat Thatchet, Angela Maerkel, Christina Kirchner (President of Argentina), Julia Gillard etc.
Here is a list of women presidents and PMs:

Current

Michelle Bachelet President, Chile, 2006–2010
Gro Harlem Brundtland Prime Minister, Norway, 1981, 1986–89, and 1990–96
Micheline Calmy-Rey President, Switzerland, 2007,2011
Suzanne Camelia-Romer Prime Minister, Netherlands Antilles, 1993, 1998–99
Kim Campbell Prime Minister, Canada, 1993
Violeta B. de Chamorro President, Nicaragua, 1990–96
Laura Chinchilla Miranda President, Costa Rica, 2010-present
Tansu Çiller Prime Minister, Turkey, 1993–96
Helen Clark Prime Minister, New Zealand, 1999-08
Edith Cresson Prime Minister, France, 1991–92
Luísa Dias Diogo Prime Minister, Mozambique, 2004–10
Ruth Dreifuss President, Switzerland, 1999
Vigdís Finnbogadóttir President, Iceland, 1980–96
Julia Gillard Prime Minister, Australia, 2010-present
Pamela F. Gordon Premier, Bermuda, 1997–98
Dalia Grybauskaite President, Republic of Lithuania, 2009
Tarja Halonen President, Finland, 2000–present
Sheikh Hasina Prime Minister, Bangladesh, 1996–01 and 2009–present
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf President, Liberia, 2005–present
Emily de Jongh-Elhage Prime Minister, Netherlands Antilles, 2006–2010
Cristina Fernández de Kirchner President, Argentina, 2007-present
Mari Kiviniemi Prime Minister, Finland, 2010-2011
Jadranka Kosor Prime Minister, Croatia, 2009-present
Chandrika Kumaratunga President, Sri Lanka, 1994-05
Doris Leuthard President, Federal Council of Switzerland, 2010-present
Maria Liberia-Peters Prime Minister, Netherlands Antilles, 1984–86, 1988–94
Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo President, Philippines, 2001–2010
Mary McAleese President, Ireland, 1997–2011
Beatriz Merino Prime Minister, Peru, 2003
Angela Merkel Chancellor, Germany, 2005–present
Mireya Moscoso President, Panama, 1999-04
Maria das Neves Prime Minister, São Tomé and Príncipe, 2002–04
Kamla Persad-Bissessar Prime Minister, Trinidad and Tobago, 2010-present
Michèle Pierre-Louis Prime Minister, Haiti, 2008-09
Kazimira Prunskienė Prime Minister, Lithuania, 1990–91
Iveta Radičová Prime Minister, Slovakia, 2010-present
Mary Robinson President, Ireland, 1990–97
Dilma Rousseff President, Brazil, 2011–present
Jenny Shipley Prime Minister, New Zealand, 1997–99
Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir Prime Minister, Iceland, 2009-present
Portia Simpson Miller Prime Minister, Jamaica 2006-07, 2011-present
Jennifer Meredith Smith Premier, Bermuda, 1998-03
Hanna Suchocka Prime Minister, Poland, 1992–93
Yulia Tymoshenko Prime Minister, Ukraine, 2005, 2007–2010
Vaira Vike-Freiberga President, Latvia, 1999-07
Begum Khaleda Zia Prime Minister, Bangladesh, 1991–96 and 2001–06
Deceased
Corazon Aquino President, Philippines, 1986-92 d. 2009
Benazir Bhutto Prime Minister, Pakistan, 1988–90, 1993–96 d.2007
Sirimavo Bandaranaike Prime Minister, Sri Lanka 1960-65, 1970–77, 1994–2000, d.2000
Dame Eugenia Charles Prime Minister, Dominica, 1980–95, d.2005
Janet Jagan President, Guyana, 1997–99, d.2009
Maria de Lourdes Pintasilgo Prime Minister, Portugal, 1979–80, d.2004

Council of Women World Leaders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom