What's new

why RBE2 aesa radar was the safest bet for india in MMRCA evaluations

I thought we were looking at 216??
plz kindly post your opinion there in that thread about this matter

MMRCA & project 75 I are two different things
& this thread is related to MMRCA ,anything related to MMRCA & RBE 2 aesa radar you can post your opinion here

CHEERS

plz kindly post your opinion there in that thread about this matter

MMRCA & project 75 I are two different things
& this thread is related to MMRCA ,anything related to MMRCA & RBE 2 aesa radar you can post your opinion here

CHEERS

We can post nothing regarding the radar really,all will be speculative at the very best.
We have no idea about even the power of radar although looking at 1000 t/r modules with average 10 w each will make it roughly 10 kw radar,,,,almost same as n011m bars of mki even though that is way bigger than this radar.

Goes on to say how inefficient that really is as irbis e with lesser diameter than bars has 18 kw of documented and declared power.

Other than that the field of view is small as its not movable unlike bars and irbis e.
Even frontal radar of pakfa is non movable but will have side radars goving it 240 degree coverage,,,,,indian one may have even rear aesa giving it 360 degree coverage.

nice article.

@DrSomnath999: Sorry for off topic: what u think if JF-17 is updated with Raven ES 05 or Zuke AE FGA35 will it be able to handle all IAF fighters other then MKIs? What class of fighter it will become, please give your opinion on that too.

Is there any source that PAF has evaluated Raven? That should answer some basic conditions before going into any other details.

Goes on to say how inefficient that really is as irbis e with lesser diameter than bars has 18 kw of documented and declared power.

IRBIS e is slated to join PAKFA, a fighter with a higher output?

Is there any source that PAF has evaluated Raven? That should answer some basic conditions before going into any other details.

IRBIS e is slated to join PAKFA, a fighter with a higher output?

No irbis e is a pesa just like n011m bars and powers su-35.
Pakfa is powered by n036 aesa radar with frontal antenna having 1526t/r modules and 2 side facing ones with 370-80 t/r modules.

No idea about its power output at this point but taking 10 w as standard it should be about 20 kw

No irbis e is a pesa just like n011m bars and powers su-35.
Pakfa is powered by n036 aesa radar with frontal antenna having 1526t/r modules and 2 side facing ones with 370-80 t/r modules.

No idea about its power output at this point but taking 10 w as standard it should be about 20 kw

The idea behind my question was, the output of a radar could be 20kw, but while being in the distributed architecture, what if that is a overdose, from a twin engine heavy class Su-35 to a twin engine medium class Rafale? Something tells me that RBE 2 with 10 Kw was designed for a purpose just like the PESA IRBIS, which also consumes more power?

@he-man
Again back to your old school troll tactics !!HuH

Dragging PAK-fa unneccessarily into whichever thread you are viewing for no good reason even if nobody knows
about it's capabilities

when would you grow up !! seriously

CHEERS

The idea behind my question was, the output of a radar could be 20kw, but while being in the distributed architecture, what if that is a overdose, from a twin engine heavy class Su-35 to a twin engine medium class Rafale? Something tells me that RBE 2 with 10 Kw was designed for a purpose just like the PESA IRBIS, which also consumes more power?

Sure irbis e consumes more power but with engines of 142 kn each su-35 has 0 problems powering it.
Rafale has a total power of just 150 kn

But rbe2aa is an aesa and its tech is superior to the irbis-e pesa,,irrespective of the power.

Also the nose size of rafale is limited and it cannot accomodate more than 1000 t/r modules so the power of rafale will increase only when it undergo mlu and GaA modules get replaced by GaN ones which will take another 15 years at least.

PLZ Dont fall into his bait trap
& no need to drag PAk-fa into this thread .

Pakfa is all together a diferent platform with diffrent requirements & Rafale is a different platform with it's own requirement

CHEERS

@he-man
Again back to your old school troll tactics !!HuH

Dragging PAK-fa unneccessarily into whichever thread you are viewing for no good reason even if nobody knows
about it's capabilities

when would you grow up !! seriously

CHEERS

Dude comparisons are must...................i compared with rafale as we are gonna buy both.
I was thinking of including zhuk-ae radar of mig-35 too in discussion:p:

PLZ Dont fall into his bait trap
& no need to drag PAk-fa into this thread .

Pakfa is all together a diferent platform with diffrent requirements & Rafale is a different platform with it's own requirement

CHEERS

Apart from stealth there is 0 diff...............
Both will be multirole,,have same 8 ton payload capacity

Don't know about Raven but Vixen-1000es was on the table for JF-17, don't know why PAF did not go for it, may be they may want to see what China can offer or it may be integrated in later blocks, PAF already use Salex radars in vast numbers and have close working relationship so their AESA Radars i.e. Raven, Vixen-1000 or any other suitable variant is the most viable western option for PAF.

That's why I wanted to check the info, after all I know, vixen wasn't fit and china wasn't allowing swiss fit

Are you saying that nose cone is a factor that decides output of an apareture than bus!!???

Back
Top Bottom