What's new

why RBE2 aesa radar was the safest bet for india in MMRCA evaluations

No, you have posted the estimtaed range for the early AESA, which would be around 140Km converted from the 75nm:

The whole part is about the new AESA, not the PESA, which is also evident by the relation to Meteor, which will be integrated only with the AESA and that is the early estimate of around 50% increase compared to the PESA. The recent evaluation talks about 100% increase, which also makes clear why around 140Km can't be for the PESA, since that would mean the latest AESA would have a range of 280Km, which is more than unrealistic for such a small radar.

Well i think you are indeed correct

I should have done little research on that But luckily i do have many sources now that RBE 2 pesa radar has maximum detection range of 100km basically but one thing it didnt mention no where against what target size
1m2 or 3m2 target!!!

Rafale_pesa_radar_revelaled.jpg

plz do save this for future referrence

CHEERS

Please don't accuse me of trolling. There was nothing in my post to suggest so. If you read the thread, the author even admits the F-18 is superior, then uses some DOD report that is not verified

what nonsense

For rationality case i have said F18's aesa radar was touted as one of the best operational radar at that time , according to manufacturer's claim only not by my personal opinion.

BTW what did you say "DOD report is not verified "??

Huh!!! if you dont agree with DoD report which is stated by the very own country which manufactures & operates that plane then whose report is verified then:lol:
apg_79_poor_performance.jpg

This is damn ridiculous
CHEERS

Very informative thread. RBE2-aa's ~200 km detection range for 3m2 target is enough for our requirement. also add spectra ew suite(best in the business) and it will be overkill for our enemies.

In french forum i have asked the french members they claim when rafale uses Spectra's RWR + RBE 2 aesa radar in a combine it's range is >200km
Hmm!!
CHEERS

But luckily i do have many sources now that RBE 2 pesa radar has maximum detection range of 100km basically but one thing it didnt mention no where against what target size
1m2 or 3m2 target!!!

PESAs and AESAs are usually compared to 3m² targets

RBE 2 PESA - 100Km vs 3m²
RBE 2 AESA (early one) - 140Km vs 3m²
RBE 2 AESA (today) - up to 200Km vs 3m² ?

Bars PESA - 140Km vs 3m²
Bars PESA upgrade - estimated at 200+ Km vs 3m²
Bars AESA - estimated at 300+ Km vs 3m²

All this doesn't matter since France can place embargoes on India just like it is doing with Russia. Due to this action, India should re consider getting the best plane not the cheapest or the one they thought was "embargo free."

what nonsense

For rationality case i have said F18's aesa radar was touted as one of the best operational radar at that time , according to manufacturer's claim only not by my personal opinion.

BTW what did you say "DOD report is not verified "??

Huh!!! if you dont agree with DoD report which is stated by the very own country which manufactures & operates that plane then whose report is verified then:lol:
apg_79_poor_performance.jpg

This is damn ridiculous
CHEERS

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't one of the best features of AESA is that the radar can be watching the ground while also looking for enemy planes/missiles at the same time?? or could legacy radars also do that???

agile beam crap or w/e

All this doesn't matter since France can place embargoes on India just like it is doing with Russia. Due to this action, India should re consider getting the best plane not the cheapest or the one they thought was "embargo free."

Sanctions on Russia or any other country have no relations to India or government policies towards India and the French have a proven record on supporting us even against sanctions, so that's definitely not a reason to waste a single thought about.

Sanctions on Russia or any other country have no relations to India or government policies towards India and the French have a proven record on supporting us even against sanctions, so that's definitely not a reason to waste a single thought about.

Of course it is. Any record can change anytime. Seeing how Russia is being treated is an eye opener. Plus, at least Russia hasn't openly sold weapons which are a threat to India, unlike FRANCE WHICH HAS SOLD EFFECTIVE OFFENSIVE WEAPONS TO PAKISTAN>

Of course it is. Any record can change anytime. Seeing how Russia is being treated is an eye opener.

Nonsense, Russia is treaded like that, because their doings against NATO interests, we have no differences with NATO until they will push to include Pakistan, which never will happen of course, so that's a non issue. Not to mention that India is not considered as a possible threat to Europe, like the Russians were for decades, or that France has not the same defence export relation to Russia as they have to India. The Mistral deal was actually the first important deal between them, while they are an important partner for India for decades.

Again, 2 different relations, 2 different situations, no importance for the Indo-French relation!

Nonsense, Russia is treaded like that, because their doings against NATO interests, we have no differences with NATO until they will push to include Pakistan, which never will happen of course, so that's a non issue. Not to mention that India is not considered as a possible threat to Europe, like the Russians were for decades. Not to mention that France has not the same defence export relation to Russia as they have to India. The Mistral deal was actually the first important deal between them, while they are an important partner for India for decades.

Again, 2 different relations, 2 different situations, no importance for the Indo-French relation!

Agreed,no relation whatsoever

I just cant understand whats your problem !!

You have basically no idea what your talking . Beleive me france is doing all this to russia becoz under pressure from US & germany .
Russia Blames U.S. for Mistral Deal Gone Bad | Business | The Moscow Times
They are also aware of the side effects of sanctions on Mistral deal .But sadly they have to abide by NATO .
France Needs the Mistral Deal More Than Russia | The American Conservative

But India's case is totally different as we dont have any hostilities with NATO plus 1.7 billion dollar is nothing against 20 billion dollar
deal .

CHEERS

Of course it is. Any record can change anytime. Seeing how Russia is being treated is an eye opener. Plus, at least Russia hasn't openly sold weapons which are a threat to India, unlike FRANCE WHICH HAS SOLD EFFECTIVE OFFENSIVE WEAPONS TO PAKISTAN>

Well russia had agreed to sell their engines to PAF for JF 17 despite repeated objections plus they are planning to sell Mi35 helicopters to PAF also.

But French cancelled avionics & MICA missiles sell to JF 17 in order to please Indians .Plus In future they would take care of this matter

CHEERS

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't one of the best features of AESA is that the radar can be watching the ground while also looking for enemy planes/missiles at the same time?? or could legacy radars also do that???

agile beam crap or w/e

yes it is but we are not giving priority to Air to ground in this thread .I have mentioned that part clearly in the starting of this thread

CHEERS

yes it is but we are not giving priority to Air to ground in this thread .I have mentioned that part clearly in the starting of this thread

CHEERS

U need to do some analysis on project 75i................or did u do it??
If u did please send me the link again

Back
Top Bottom