What's new

Why South Asians Are More Likely To Get Diabetes Than Europeans

Because we are lazy fucks who eat absolute garbage in our 20s/ early 30s because "yahi omar ha..." also no exercise/ workout culture

This video highlights the problem of classifying a quarter of the world's population under one category: "South Asian".

The famines of the British Raj had little impact on modern-day Pakistan, the only region of modern-day Pakistan that was vulnerable to famine was Kashmir.
well doctor was Pakistani, so is somewhat the channel
so that's our own f-up of falling into this - although our diabetes rates are off the charts
diabetes is definitely a big health issue in Pakistan along with heart attacks

Last edited:
I love Mishti Doi ( sweet curds ).

Bangladeshi style Mitha Dahi.
db874fbc64cf57f63df80476611500e1.jpg

once my Indian colleague gave me a ladu( is it right?) for her newborn baby, and sweet Jesus, never had anything that sweet in my life, pure sweet.

Yes - Laddu is rather dry. Wet desserts are actually tastier. See the yogurt above.

is the yogurt salty? cause i can't take that.

No it's sweet but a different kind of sweetness through some special preparation, something not just where curds have been mixed in with sugar. It's quite delicious, you will like it because it's a decent sweetness, not something that would make your head spin. :lol:

no I was talking specifically about Pakistan, I don't think we ever had a famine in our entire 300-400 year history (or am I wrong someone with historical knowledge can correct me)
maybe in parts of SIndh?
Kashmir definitely did which caused a lot of Kashmiris to migrate to Punjab

Kashmir definitely did which caused a lot of Kashmiris to migrate to Punjab
yeah, I forgot about Kashmir, my bad, I think more Kashmiris live in Punjab than they do in Kashmir proper because of famine, similar to Balochs
they have been through a lot in these last 200 years - famine, dogras, Indians, massacres

No it's sweet but a different kind of sweetness through some special preparation, something not just where curds have been mixed in with sugar. It's quite delicious, you will like it because it's a decent sweetness, not something that would make your head spin.

Mishti doi uses the same sugar, except in caramalised form and the milk is thickened before curdling it. It is not healthier than normal sweet yogurt, though it tastes better because of the caramel flavour and creamier texture.

Diabetes is a lifestyle disease. It is easily curable without medicine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom