What's new

Why Su-35 wouldn't pose any serious threat to India's Rafale

You really need to study radar history of both the US and France and then you may understand what I mean.

Generally the French have trailed the US by around 10 years when it comes to technology such as look down-shoot down and AESA radars.

And we have some Indian claiming that Spectra can jam an AESA radar just because the French have said so:lol:

US >> UK > France when it comes to military technology.

F-16IN has nowhere near the level of technology that the US is really capable of. They keep that for their best stuff like the F-22

I am done with you and the rest of the clueless Indians on this thread.

LOL I have done my fair share of research, which at this point I think is more than what you'll ever be able to.

French have trailed the US by around 10 years.............???
And who told you that? your overzealous fanboy attitude?
Give us some legit data then we'll talk about it.

Oh so you don't want any of us to believe the French who claim something about their own product, and you want us to believe you who is a BDeshi FANBOY.........?:omghaha:....:rofl:

Hey there douche, we are talking about 4+ gen fighters, if we wanted F-22 we would have been talking about Pak-Fa too.
So go burn in a corner for all I care.

LOL I have done my fair share of research, which at this point I think is more than what you'll ever be able to.

French have trailed the US by around 10 years.............???
And who told you that? your overzealous fanboy attitude?
Give us some legit data then we'll talk about it.

Oh so you don't want any of us to believe the French who claim something about their own product, and you want us to believe you who is a BDeshi FANBOY.........?:omghaha:....:rofl:

Hey there douche, we are talking about 4+ gen fighters, if we wanted F-22 we would have been talking about Pak-Fa too.
So go burn in a corner for all I care.

Man, you are too funny!!

Claiming that French military technology is as good as American.:laugh:

Let me give you some concrete example of the US lead over the French:

a/ The US F-15 came out in 1976 with a radar that could distinguish low flying targets and engage them.
The French had to wait till 1987 till their Mirage-2000s could do the same.

b/ The F-15s received AESA radars in 1999 while the Rafale is getting it only now.

Do you want me to go on kid?

I have posted every point with sources ,Yes u can say some sources are french which defintely exaggerate many things to rafale 's advnatage but the results were indeed true facts .

He is not wrong wrt of speculations and bias, as much as I like your news, or information postings, told you often as well that your comparisions are often too speculative and that you get into conclusions too fast. Wrt survivability for example you simply concluded that the Su 35 will have the bigger RCS and will "survive in today' s high tech EW age". But that's just a claim and not based on anything!
As I told you just recently in another Su 35/Rafale thread, with the RCS reductions and no external fuel tanks needed, the RCSs of both fighters in the same role, with the same ammount of weapons and fuel could be pretty much the same.
Also the Su 35 EW is much upgraded with "integrated" ECM pods or RWRs as well, exactly to be more capable against modern threats, the core difference might be, that it is also aimed at defence in first place, while SPECTRA has offensive modes and capabilities as well, but to know that for a fact, you need more infos about the Russian systems too and as ptldM3 said, there are still not too much infos available of them, but they are far more capable than the once in the older version.

Wrt avionics and sensors you also made your conclusions too easy, the FSO IR channel might theoreticaly have a higher range, but that are specs under optimal climate conditions only, in reality they are often much much shorter and infact the IR channel is considered as one of the weakpoints of Rafale. Possibly one reason why French forces don't buy it anymore and compromise with FSO-IT and MICA seekers, while the IR Channel seems to be available as an option for foreign countries only, until FSO NG comes.
Similarly, having the Reco NG pod is not an advantage for Rafale in A2A or A2G roles and makes the fighter itself better. Our MKIs for example uses Israeli recon pods, so the question would be which pod is better, but does it really matter in times of drones?

As I said in the other thread, both fighters are highly capable in A2A and A2G, but in their own ways and with their own advantages. I doubt that anybody has an advantage in maneuverability (Su 35 higher TWR & TVC, Rafale lower wingloading and canards). Head on and actively the Su 35 might have an advantage with IRBIS-E, in any other direction Rafales passive capabilities and the lower signatures adds advantages.
In strikes Rafale has advantages with the generally better weapons, but the Flanker has the higher variety and can carry more of them.

So it's more than close performance wise and not that easy as you might think.

There is nothing nationalistic on my side the problem I have is that you have provided zero evidence to support your claim. You have made a claim that western systems (which is very broad) are superior in LPI/ESM yet there is no information on the Irbis-E.

Can you add some more infos about the RWR and ESM capabilities of the Su 35?

Man, you are too funny!!

Claiming that French military technology is as good as American.:laugh:

Let me give you some concrete example of the US lead over the French:

a/ The US F-15 came out in 1976 with a radar that could distinguish low flying targets and engage them.
The French had to wait till 1987 till their Mirage-2000s could do the same.

b/ The F-15s received AESA radars in 1999 while the Rafale is getting it only now.

Do you want me to go on kid?

And who told you that?

Mirage III had successfully flew on 17 November 1956, after which 10 more Mirage IIIAs were built, all of which housed a Thomson-CSF Cyrano Ibis air intercept radar.
So you are way over your head son.

Big deal The Americans made the AESA before everyone else, SO?????
Does that mean that the F-15's best AESA(AN/APG-82) is better than the RBE2-AA?
You know what do some googling before answering me.

Yes let's see if you can keep up son.:coffee:

@DrSomnath999
how is this passive detection of spectra happen with out emitting anything ?is it from the three rwr replaced on the rafale ? or something else ?

Passive detection of Spectra

Spectra uses advanced RWR made of Gallium Arsenide coupled with superior System core The receiver antennas use interferometric techniques to measure a signal's angle of arrival within less than 1 degree and are designed so that they do not have a large radar-cross-section (RCS) contribution.

Check the link which i posted in my thread
http://www.dassault-aviation.com/fi.../Defence/2000/Mirage_2000-9_special_issue.pdf

Yes ur correct
3 digital RWR antennas with each 120° azimuth coverage and a frequency coverage of 2 - 40 GHz mounted on the airlift intakes and at the rear of the SPECTRA fin tip pod.
Functions/characteristics include:
- detection localisation, identification and priorisation of radar emitters at distances up to 200 km+
The International Rafale forum • View topic - Rafale avionics - general overview

if it can detect passively for 200 km what will be the tracking range and weapon firing range on air to air ?.
infact more than 200 km not 200km

even in future with Spectra NG made of GaN modules it's range would increase further

Tracking range- depends upon whther the target is in active mode ( radar turn on)

weapon firing range for air to air missiles is classified data no body can tell & i dont know , even if i had known i would have not told but one can guess from range of the air to air missiles
Sorry

I would like to have a link about this 200 passive detection claim.

i had posted the link the thread only
The International Rafale forum • View topic - Rafale avionics - general overview

See this info was posted by Mr Scorpion ( a veteran forumer)

he copied that info from AVIONICS magazine & that link is broken so u have to accept that link

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing nationalistic on my side the problem I have is that you have provided zero evidence to support your claim. You have made a claim that western systems (which is very broad) are superior in LPI/ESM yet there is no information on the Irbis-E.

Evidence

wew.jpg.html

from
Flanker Radars in Beyond Visual Range Air Combat

The document talks about AESA emitters used in SPECTRA suite/package.... and not jamming AESA radars. :cheesy:

kindly read again
it states about omni directional AESA jamming

Look I am not a rafale hater... it is better plane than Su35 overall aspect considered what rafale can do in A2G is unmatched as of now.. however in A2A it has a hard competition with Su35.... now force multipliers, SAMs etc also comes in consideration and rafael suddenly becomes even better... and there's always the METEOR with largest No-Escape-Zone... however one on one A2A Su35 has upper hand.

thats not important whether u are a rafale hater & i am a rafale lover ,the point is what is indeed the reality

in air to air mode SU 35 may be having upperhand in within visual range warfarethanks to it's (super manuverabilty ,R 73 missiles) provided it survives from rafale's meteor BVRAAM which sounds very difficult

I Do not want to go in details........ but reality check let me put it this way.

SU35
khali.jpg

VS
Rafale
Salman-Khan.jpg

Result

WWE-Kalis-breakfast-at-Big-Boss-4-house.jpg

Lrafale-vs-su-35.jpg

The two guys could both be Indians. It depends on when, where, or who is talking...

I see that it's become a Russia vs Indian issue.

Cheers

He is not wrong wrt of speculations and bias, as much as I like your news, or information postings, told you often as well that your comparisions are often too speculative and that you get into conclusions too fast.

Well
like i said that dont go by the presentation of my expression in this thread rather concentrate on the facts that i posted .

Wrt survivability for example you simply concluded that the Su 35 will have the bigger RCS and will "survive in today' s high tech EW age". But that's just a claim and not based on anything!
As I told you just recently in another Su 35/Rafale thread, with the RCS reductions and no external fuel tanks needed, the RCSs of both fighters in the same role, with the same ammount of weapons and fuel could be pretty much the same.

You & I dont need masters of Stealth & Radar physics degree to understand that fact some basic knowledge of stealth would do the job for us & for the readers

A plane with straight air intake like this which exposes the entire engine compressor face to enemy radar is no way going to be stealthier than any
4.5 gen fighters available in the market

SU 35 's design is full of 90 degree corner relector more than rafale that is for sure

Su 35 is built of far less composite materials than Rafale

Su 35 's engine has far more IR signature than rafale's M88 engines as it has 2 cooling channels

Su 35 's EWS suite is far inferior to rafale's Spectra EWS suite is capable of AESA jamming

Su 35's RCS is around 2-3 m2 & on weapons load out it would be even higher as compare to Rafale 's rcs 0.1-0.2 m2 ,even if rafale is on weapons & fuel tank load out it would never be more than 2 m2 for sure.

Also the Su 35 EW is much upgraded with "integrated" ECM pods or RWRs as well, exactly to be more capable against modern threats, the core difference might be, that it is also aimed at defence in first place, while SPECTRA has offensive modes and capabilities as well, but to know that for a fact, you need more infos about the Russian systems too and as ptldM3 said, there are still not too much infos available of them, but they are far more capable than the once in the older version.

But Surviving in Electronic warfare is a relative term

What I mean is exactly what threat it is facing with ,if threat comes from a mediocre threat like J 10A/F16 it is good but compare that with F 35 or Rafale's spectra it is not so good as compare to their EW suite

Khibiny M is a good EW suite i am not saying it is totally useless but it's future adversaries are F22 & F 35 whose EW suite are highly sophiscated

Wrt avionics and sensors you also made your conclusions too easy, the FSO IR channel might theoreticaly have a higher range, but that are specs under optimal climate conditions only, in reality they are often much much shorter and infact the IR channel is considered as one of the weakpoints of Rafale. Possibly one reason why French forces don't buy it anymore and compromise with FSO-IT and MICA seekers, while the IR Channel seems to be available as an option for foreign countries only, until FSO NG comes.
Well u got that info perhaps from Mr scorpion but ideal conditions apply for both Rafale & SU 35

But still Rafale has the advantage in that sector .Well FSO NG/IT is a future deal lets wait but it would improve it's capabilties for sure

Similarly, having the Reco NG pod is not an advantage for Rafale in A2A or A2G roles and makes the fighter itself better. Our MKIs for example uses Israeli recon pods, so the question would be which pod is better, but does it really matter in times of drones?
It's true it has nothing to do with A2A or A2G but for comparitive purpose perhaps
Well in mali It had showed it's operational effectives ,Well drones can be shot yes Rafale can also be shot but it can try to escape What do u say???Even Iranians can do some incredible stunts with US drones:lol:

As I said in the other thread, both fighters are highly capable in A2A and A2G, but in their own ways and with their own advantages. I doubt that anybody has an advantage in maneuverability (Su 35 higher TWR & TVC, Rafale lower wingloading and canards).
thats true

i have mentioned in that thread both are even
SU 35 can have incredible AoA meanwhile rafale can show incredible turn rate whether loaded/or unloaded .

Head on and actively the Su 35 might have an advantage with IRBIS-E, in any other direction Rafales passive capabilities and the lower signatures adds advantages.
But in reality that would turn out to be major adavantage for rafale thanks to it's SPECTRA 's passive detection capabilities

BTW dont forget about SPECTRA active cancelling tech though still mystery but u never know:lol:

In strikes Rafale has advantages with the generally better weapons, but the Flanker has the higher variety and can carry more of them.
true !!
i support that point
R-27ET (long range IR guided missile)

anti radiation missiles

Better vareity of Anti ship missiles

So it's more than close performance wise and not that easy as you might think.

Well actuallly on performance wise SU 35 is more superior than rafale thanks to it's superior thrust engines with TVC , long range
higher ceiling flight limit ,more speed

Rafale & SU 35 are even matched in within visual range warfare but Rafale in BVR warfare it indeed gets the upperhand

IF,
FRENCH (RAFALE) IS BETTER THAN SUKHOI 35,then

it is same as ,

LCA (TEJAS) IS BETTER THAN SUKHOI 30,:rofl:Now

the inferiority of SUKHOI 30 can be clearly seen,which Indians are still interested to buy more after letting down their main Aircraft exporter.............. :hang2:

Looks like some ones Burning

about your post

1. Rafale and Su 35BM are evry diff one is onmi role MRCA while the other is Multi role Heavy class Fighter

2.Tejas is not even close to Rafale or Su 30

3.India Has almost 170 Su30 Mki as of now which are proballi the best and most Hitech Fighter force in Asian Airforces as of now and even by some russian experts very close to Su35 BMs (infact Su35 was concieved after russians gained much Western Avionics knowledge from the MKI) and within two years all the future ones and the existing ones (MKIs) will have new & upgraded engiens , avionick , Radars (ASEA) , better EVM suite + CM firing capabillity(Bhramos & Nirbhay)

now care to enlighten us how SU30MKI/Super sukhoi's are inferior to Su35BM and we will be having all the latest wepons on board owr sukois from russia , france & israel

and to add more we will also have Rafales that to with ASEA radar , NG Spectra suite & Upgraded engines and the deal is already done but what is not done is the russian deal to supply Su 35 to china as chinese have already expressed there feelings about there curiosity about the russian PSEA and latest tehks so will Russia shoot itself in the foot again remaisn to be seen

tell me even if china does buys Su 35 how is that going to help PAF do you realli thing russians are that fools first to shoot themselfs in foot to give there latest techs to china to reverse engenear and kill all the future plans of export of Su35 to other countries and endanger there exports to India ..please do reply sir

Well
like i said that dont go by the presentation of my expression in this thread rather concentrate on the facts that i posted

Which is the problem, because taking capabilities under consideration that one fighter might get in future, is not a fact. Similarly, one could say the Su 35 will get the Pak Fa AESA the next upgrades, which even increases the long range detection advantage..., but that's as much speculation as including Rafales CFTs in a comparison today right?

You & I dont need masters of Stealth & Radar physics degree to understand that fact some basic knowledge of stealth would do the job for us & for the readers

Which doesn't make sense anyway, because none of the fighters would even comes close to stealth anyway, since they both have not a stealth airframe design and both carries external weapons, so it's only about RCS reduction for fighters of this generation and deleting the biggest external payload a fighter could carry (a fuel tank), logically must me an advantage in this regard.

Su 35's RCS is around 2-3 m2 & on weapons load out it would be even higher as compare to Rafale 's rcs 0.1-0.2 m2 ,even if rafale is on weapons & fuel tank load out it would never be more than 2 m2 for sure.

First of all, these figures are speculation only, secondly they still proves you wrong about Rafale having a clear advantage in A2A, since even if the RCS would be 2m 2, the IRBIS-E would detect the Rafale earlier than the RBE 2 the Su 35.
Btw, when you look at AWACS detection ranges for cruise missiles, you will often find a RCS of 1 or 2m 2 for them, just a hint what RCS those 2 fuel tanks might have.

Well u got that info perhaps from Mr scorpion but ideal conditions apply for both Rafale & SU 35

But still Rafale has the advantage in that sector .Well FSO NG/IT is a future deal lets wait but it would improve it's capabilties for sure

Actually from quiet some talks with French forumers, even French professionals, but the point is, you made your conclusions too fast, or based on the wrong points, see FSO NG now. That again is a possible future upgrade (which is not even fixed and mainly unknown yet) and can't be taken into a comparison now, because it's only a claim and makes you look biased as ptldM3 said.

Well in mali It had showed it's operational effectives ,Well drones can be shot yes Rafale can also be shot but it can try to escape What do u say???

Drones are the clearly better choice for recon missions, be it the longer endurance, the lower operational and procurement costs, or the high ceilling at which they will be operated. Even in Mali the French used their own, british and US drones for recon missions, just like different surveillance aircrafts. With these around, the role of Rafale or Mirage fighters with recon pods is not very important anymore and the more such capabilities will be build up, the less you will use recon pods.

in air to air mode SU 35 may be having upperhand in within visual range warfarethanks to it's (super manuverabilty ,R 73 missiles) provided it survives from rafale's meteor BVRAAM which sounds very difficult

As said, it's most likely the otherway around, since the RCS in A2A configs are similar, while the Su35 has longer detection range. In WVR instead, Rafale might be equal or even superior in maneuverability and has the better close combat missiles as well (higher offbore sight, LOAL and data link capabilities).

Looks like some ones Burning

True, but don't fall to these cheap attempts to de-rail the thread by their naive believes. Trolls always will see things onesides, no matter which origin they have, so don't waste your time on replying.

Back
Top Bottom