What's new

Why the US needs to go down China’s public transport route

Hi,

The US transport section is controlled by car manufacturers and the US airlines---. They are seriously against any fast trains---.

Name a heavily traveled route that a fast train would make fiscal sense. I can see Atlanta to Orlando. LA to Vegas. But even Atlanta is only because it is a major airline hub.

You can say maybe New York to LA (2,500miles) but even the fastest train doing 400mph as the crow flies would take over 6 hours. Meanwhile an average plane is flying in the high 500’s and can do it in less than 5.

Last edited:
Why don’t you bring it up in your next town meeting where they are discussing how to spend your property tax money. You can say everybody doesn’t pay enough and they should increase it to pay for a bus route.

Somebody has to pay to maintain it…
I will give you the benefit of doubt and won't call you a moron, but I'm sure even you know that's as idiotic a comment as they come.

Name a heavily traveled route that a fast train would make fiscal sense. I can see Atlanta to Orlando. LA to Vegas. But even Atlanta is only because it is a major airline hub.

You can say maybe New York to LA (2,500miles) but even the fastest train doing 400mph as the crow flies would take over 6 hours. Meanwhile an average plane is flying in the high 500’s and can do it in less than 5.
Bay area/NorCal and SoCal, the busiest air corridors in US. 4 international airports in
NorCal and 4 international and 2 domestic airports on SoCal. Air traffic and more so the road traffic is insane between these two areas of California.

Enjoy you 19th century infras

maxresdefault.jpg

Hi,

The thing is that the doable projects were not done in a timely manner.

LA to Frisco---LA to Vegas amongst many---.

I will give you the benefit of doubt and won't call you a moron, but I'm sure even you know that's as idiotic a comment as they come.

I can tell you have never ever spoken up in any meeting about how your taxes are spent…but you are quick to complain why somebody else hasn’t done it for you.

Good job at being a nobody sheep and not making a difference!

You live in Irvine…well look at what you are missing:
Irvine City Council meetings are held the second and fourth Tuesday of each month in the City Council Chamber, Irvine City Hall (1 Civic Center Plaza, corner of Alton and Harvard).

Regular sessions begin at 4 p.m. with a possible recess prior to 5 p.m., to discuss matters under Closed Session. Presentations follow, as well as any other matters of business which were not acted upon prior to 5 p.m.

Irvine City Council meetings are open to the public with the exception of Closed Session Meetings (when legal and personnel matters are discussed).

ADDRESSING THE CITY COUNCIL

Anyone can address the City Council on agendized items and non-agendized items within the City Council's subject matter jurisdiction during the public comment period.

Each speaker is limited to three minutes. If you would like to address the City Council, we ask that you identify yourself by completing a "Request to Speak" form. You may also submit e-comments or participate live via Zoom. Click here for more information.

Good luck having something like this in Pakistan or China…most people would love a government that would actually listen to them…but then when given it they sit on their hands at home and complain.

Last edited:
Hi,

The thing is that the doable projects were not done in a timely manner.

LA to Frisco---LA to Vegas amongst many---.

Yes LA to frisco is a good one and I already mentioned LA to Vegas.

But it isn’t like you can list 20 in a few seconds. Routes that are busy aren’t as obvious as you’d think. Also any route can’t have more than a few stops otherwise that will defeat the purpose. So it has to be a major city to a major city with few stops.

Unfortunately most of our major cities are far away from each other.

Philly to NYC or DC maybe

Last edited:
What are you talking about...is this typical American mind?

can your HSR compete with Boeing 737 ?

Bay area/NorCal and SoCal, the busiest air corridors in US. 4 international airports in
NorCal and 4 international and 2 domestic airports on SoCal. Air traffic and more so the road traffic is insane between these two areas of California.

What happened to your $100 billion HSR project run by State of California ?

Back
Top Bottom