What's new

Why the world’s biggest democracy still fails too many of its people

Search Mughal Empire in 1707 and Maratha Empire in 1760.

Mughal of Babür? Your trying to claim that's Indian or something?

Read the Babür nama and Babürs great Turkish autobiography and memories.

Try to run a multi ethnic, multi religion, multi language county with 1.2 billion (1/7 of total world's population). Democracy is a quite nascent in India considering our history of 5000 years.

Things change at proper pace and at time period in particular fashion in such country.

Religion and some traditions are the root of all problems.

Democrasy is no gurantine for anything, especially not the econbomic success of a country.

Indeed democracy for the dirt poors is a drag on rapid economic growth.

India is poor precisely because it is a so-called democracy with a huge chunk of its population living below poverty line.

Those who believe democracy is a cure-all face a rude awakening.:laughcry:

Mughal of Babür? Your trying to claim that's Indian or something?

Read the Babür nama and Babürs great Turkish autobiography and memories.

So what do you suggest? I didn't mention Babur but Mughals as a whole, Mughals intermarried with Indian princesses and ruled India, so how isn't not Indian heritage. Babur was last person in his family tree to speak Chaghtai Turkish and ruled North India for just 4 years, his descendants switched to Persian language.

What centralized leader was there in Tibet or Xinjiang except Yuan and Qing dynasties throghout Chinese history. :lol:

Just because Champa area was not under Vietnam control, does that mean that Vietnam as a nation did not exist? Come on, your argument is totally ridiculous when I use another country other than China as an example. You are just bias that you won't accep the fact.

Im afraid your understanding is not correct. India, because of its size, and Hinduism's democratic ethos, has always had a decentralized political system. All scriptures have the concept of a Chakravartin ( Emperor) who is the nominal head while local power lies with the Rajas ( Kings). Centralization has never worked in India as the local traditions are very strong. The federal system was in place in all times except when the country was disturbed. The examples you gave .. of the Sikhs and Marathas... existed when the Mughal empire was declining or breaking up. But even the Marathas recognized the Mughal emperor as the head of the country.

Ok, I accept Mughal was the emperor. Who did the Mughals replaced as the emperor?

India may not have been a nation state in the European sense but it has always been a nation since antiquity. Indians have always been civilizationally united and do not need artificial props. The Britishers did nothing other than to interrupt the resurgence of Hindu power on the eve of Mughal decline.

I agree with you that India has been united by a civilization, but not as a country. That was the whole point I tried to make. India has a single civilization but not a country. China does not have its own civilization, though its has the oldest of the East Asian civilization. But it is part of the East Asian civilization that include Korea, Japan and Vietnam. India is for sure a civilization but a country only after British invasion.

Try to run a multi ethnic, multi religion, multi language county with 1.2 billion (1/7 of total world's population). Democracy is a quite nascent in India considering our history of 5000 years.

Things change at proper pace and at time period in particular fashion in such country.

This is why I believe that India should get another form of government a try. Otherwise, it will not advance as fast.

Just because Champa area was not under Vietnam control, does that mean that Vietnam as a nation did not exist? Come on, your argument is totally ridiculous when I use another country other than China as an example. You are just bias that you won't accep the fact.

I am not talking about Vietnam, tell me about China.

Ok, I accept Mughal was the emperor. Who did the Mughals replaced as the emperor?

Lodhi Dynasty and Suri Dynasty. Here comes an expert on Indian history. :lol:

Democrasy is no gurantine for anything, especially not the econbomic success of a country.

Indeed democracy for the dirt poors is a drag on rapid economic growth.

India is poor precisely because it is a so-called democracy with a huge chunk of its population living below poverty line.

Those who believe democracy is a cure-all face a rude awakening.:laughcry:

Visionary communist comrades would have brought greater good for everyone. :cheesy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Pests_Campaign

I agree with you that India has been united by a civilization, but not as a country. That was the whole point I tried to make. India has a single civilization but not a country. China does not have its own civilization, though its has the oldest of the East Asian civilization. But it is part of the East Asian civilization that include Korea, Japan and Vietnam. India is for sure a civilization but a country only after Britis

This is why I believe that India should get another form of government a try. Otherwise, it will not advance as fast.

People cannot choose their system of government...rather systems chose their people. India has always had a very decentralized form of government with great autonomy at village and caste level. Centralized systems like dictatorships won't work in India. People will anytime choose freedom over economic progress."............"......

People cannot choose their system of government...rather systems chose their people. India has always had a very decentralized form of government with great autonomy at village and caste level. Centralized systems like dictatorships won't work in India. People will anytime choose freedom over economic progress."............"......

I must congratulate you on your understanding of India. :tup:

Indians are far to wild and far too obsessed with freedom to be ruled by any political force or even religious force.

Even the Indian origin Roma Gypsies who are so far removed from India could not be tamed and straight jacketed after spending centuries in Europe.

Democracy sucks in states... where media drives it.

soldier is always better than a politician.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom