What's new

Will India choose J20 or FGFA if China and India didn't have 1962 conflict ?

Which fighter you prefer?

• FGFA(based on T50)

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • J20

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • F35

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
I will not choose j20 bcoz Its bulky, has huge footprint,less stealthy, has canards(though it increases manoeuvrability,it loses on stealth),it's engine is unreliable,under powered and has no thrust vectoring, no news about gaN aesa, finally the weapons with questionable quality!!!
Finally....most of the defence products of china are shrouded in mystery..India being a democracy can't risk buying shady stuff from china...as it is answerable to public!!
I think recently a lot of mourning from India media about the reliability of Russia weapons. Say: high on promise and low on delivery. And FYI, WS15 with 3D TVC will be ready in year 2019.

I think you will assimilate tech both from China and Russia to build one Stealthy fighter on your own. The relationship between China and India will be much better after the soviet break apart if there were no 1962 conflict. And China will be neutral when it come to Pakistan and India. Don't tell me Nehru had visions.
There is no unique tech in China to start with. Indo-china difference is tech is just 10 years.

You are forgetting the fact that 62 war is the one pushed Nehru to choose USSR. Nehru was devastated and he did a rethink of his fundamentals.
He had a pathetic end, Russia and USA were both supported you in year 1962.

A few years back I had my bets on an Asian Union against the EU + USA. now not so much. The Chinese dominance and the needling of the Indo-Pak conflict by China has made sure there would be no Asian Union as such. It could be a Chinese long term strategy to show who is boss, or it could be a lost opportunity - only time will tell. In my fantasy league, it would have been the Chinese manufacturing prowess, coupled with the ingenuity of the US peppered with the spirituality of India - even steve jobs found his mojo over there.

How did you even come up with this idea? :what:

I think you will assimilate tech both from China and Russia to build one Stealthy fighter on your own. The relationship between China and India will be much better after the soviet break apart if there were no 1962 conflict. And China will be neutral when it come to Pakistan and India. Don't tell me Nehru had visions.
China did a grave error in its foreign policy...by engaging with India in 1962 which benefitted west!!
China lost the trick....if China handed a peaceful hand to India and mediated between India and pak to maintain a peaceful relationship!! Their would have a been a economic nexus between China India Russia Pakistan...which would have ruled the world. Russia supplying fuel, India heading the service sector, China manufacturing and Pakistan as gateway to central Asia and beyond!!
And 4 nuclear powers together...just imagine!!

I think recently a lot of mourning from India media about the reliability of Russia weapons. Say: high on promise and low on delivery. And FYI, WS15 with 3D TVC will be ready in year 2019.
It's just that our standards changed. We fought many wars with those can do the same now.

Chinese either don't even have the guts to complain or standards are very low.

China did a grave error in its foreign policy...by engaging with India in 1962 which benefitted west!!
China lost the trick....if China handed a peaceful hand to India and mediated between India and pak to maintain a peaceful relationship!! Their would have a been a economic nexus between China India Russia Pakistan...which would have ruled the world. Russia supplying fuel, India heading the service sector, China manufacturing and Pakistan as gateway to central Asia and beyond!!
And 4 nuclear powers together...just imagine!!
I think we are forced to engage with you, cause Nehru asked too much.

I'm not saying Russian weapons are 100% reliable....but you gave me two choices...right now....I will definitely take pak fa side!!
Russians are trying to arm twist...they have the technology but no funds....once China stops importing Russian weapons by a decade or so....India will be only possible large customer...that gives India leverage!! That's why IAF chose to delay fgfa foe rafale!!

It's just that our standards changed. We fought many wars with those can do the same now.

Chinese either don't even have the guts to complain or standards are very low.
We don't like Russia weapon as well. Low life span and low reliability. But we write in all our concern in the contract. Even so, they cancelled many deals even then contract was signed. Last time I remember after we signed the IL78 tankers deal with Russia, they ask China to add money to restart the assembling line cause it cost more than they expected. They never respect the contract and promise.

I think we are forced to engage with you, cause Nehru asked too much.
Could have solved it diplomatically....one incident....has turned this region into chaos...as it is now...white races are still playing with us!!
Next step for trump would be to reach out to Russia....broker a peace deal between EU and Russia!! And go all out against other races!! White supremacy ideology!!

Seems most Indians here still care 1962 a lot. You get AP although you loosed the war. You don't loose nothing pragmatically.

Could have solved it diplomatically....one incident....has turned this region into chaos...as it is now...white races are still playing with us!!
Next step for trump would be to reach out to Russia....broker a peace deal between EU and Russia!! And go all out against other races!! White supremacy ideology!!
I think India shall have peace with Pakistan, and China will join. It's very hard, but worth a try. The Kirshmir and AP is a problem laid ahead.

Seems most Indians here still care 1962 a lot. You get AP although you loosed the war. You don't loose nothing pragmatically.
More than that....two ancient civilizations rivalry is what disturbs me...when they could've shown the world their true greatness!!

Back
Top Bottom