What's new

Will India choose J20 or FGFA if China and India didn't have 1962 conflict ?

Which fighter you prefer?

• FGFA(based on T50)

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • J20

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • F35

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
US is first, it is a fact. Make peace with it. They give the idea of EMALS, you never operated a carrier to understand even catobar operations.

Shifting goalposts, no credibility to show any 'testing' or 'operations' but no shortage of boasting.

In ten years AMCA will be in testing, we don't induct half baked products.
The current Type 002 carrier built in my hometown is installing Catapult with conventional power. If China want to materialize the EMALS with nuclear reactor on type 003, still need to work hard. Although the test was successfully test, it take long time to integrate it on a real carrier. At least we have a vision, and work steadily to achieve it.

Polls shows there are certain fans of F35 among Indians.

Let me ask a different question. If Sino-Indian conflict hadn't taken place.
Would you have built a road through India to reach Arabian Sea & Strait Of Hormuz?

My answer on your poll was F35.

Let me ask a different question. If Sino-Indian conflict hadn't taken place.
Would you have built a road through India to reach Arabian Sea & Strait Of Hormuz?

My answer on your poll was F35.
As China is rising, I think USA will rope in India for sure( even 1962 skirmish didn't occur). As to the road through India to Arab Sea, we still have territory dispute unsolved. Bro Thank you for your poll. Every one is cozying up to India when you direct your spear toward China and you are a potential rivalry.

In China there is saying: there won't be two male tigers in one mountain. If both strive for the leadership and dominance, it's tough to take inclusive security principle.

Last edited:
End of discussion, 10 years as it is, because you say so.(Why not 5 or even 0,it is so kind of you).:woot:
Oh half baked products,is that the reason for over 30 years Tejas?Such a restrict standard awaits for AMCA.:angel:
You have no technical argument why not in 10 years so it's it's better for you to the discussion. :(

No answer for what's so ground breaking in EMALS tech?

Not even developed nations could operationalize a fifth gen in 10 years. F35 and PAKFA are struggling to reach their milestones.

JSF program started in 1996 first flight in 2006 final product may be by 2020. PAKFA expected to finish phase 2 by 2023-24.

Then there is China , on its first try on a clean sheet design you go first flight to induction in 5 years.:p: Give me a break.

It's good for jingoism. But commonsense says BS.

Yes, LCA was ready by 2012. Our forces choose not to induct because it was half-baked for their standards.

As China is rising, I think USA will rope in India for sure( even 1962 skirmish didn't occur). As to the road through India to Arab Sea, we still have territory dispute unsolved. Than you for your poll. Every one is cozying up to India when you direct your spear toward China and you are a potential rivalry.

In China there is saying: there won't be two male tigers in one mountain. If both strive for the leadership and dominance, it's tough to take inclusive security principle.

Roping in India. That's not easy or doable. We will have synergies for sure with US.

Regarding territorial disputes Sino-Indian handling of it has been quite mature.
So, my question still stands.

I always love Chinese sayings.
There's an old Indian saying too... Ek myan mein do talwar nahin reh sakte...
2 swords don't fit into 1 scabbard!

You have no technical argument why not in 10 years so it's it's better for you to the discussion. :(

No answer for what's so ground breaking in EMALS tech?

Not even developed nations could operationalize a fifth gen in 10 years. F35 and PAKFA are struggling to reach their milestones.

JSF program started in 1996 first flight in 2006 final product may be by 2020. PAKFA expected to finish phase 2 by 2023-24.

Then there is China , on its first try on a clean sheet design you go first flight to induction in 5 years.:p: Give me a break.

It's good for jingoism. But commonsense says BS.

Yes, LCA was ready by 2012. Our forces choose not to induct because it was half-baked for their standards.
Clean sheet,are you talking about the AMCA?:cheesy:
What a bad example of giving out JSF and PAKFA, the first one is a huge project related with a dozen countries, as for PAKFA's delay, it is yours fault..you know what i mean.:azn:
As for EMALS, Mr agent 47, if a successful launch of a fighter jet and an uav doesn't mean anything, but a model of AMCA means a lot, then so be it

Last edited:
Roping in India. That's not easy or doable. We will have synergies for sure with US.

Regarding territorial disputes Sino-Indian handling of it has been quite mature.
So, my question still stands.

I always love Chinese sayings.
There's an old Indian saying too... Ek myan mein do talwar nahin reh sakte...
2 swords don't fit into 1 scabbard!
I want to a healthy competition between China and India.

What a bad example of giving out JSF and PAKFA, the first one is a huge project related with a dozen countries, as for PAKFA delay, it is yours fault..you know what i mean.:azn:
As for EMALS, Mr agent 47, if a successful launch on a fighter jet and an uav doesn't mean anything, but a model of AMCA means a lot, then so be it
Ma Wei Ming( the designer of Chinese EMALS) is a genius.

What a bad example of giving out JSF and PAKFA, the first one is a huge project related with a dozen countries, as for PAKFA's delay, it is yours fault..you know what i mean.:azn:
As for EMALS, Mr agent 47, if a successful launch of a fighter jet and an uav doesn't mean anything, but a model of AMCA means a lot, then so be it
Still no real answers? Design is same if its dozen or hundred customers.
'successful launch' according to 'global times' :alcoholic:

Seems most Indians here still care 1962 a lot. You get AP although you loosed the war. You don't loose nothing pragmatically.

I think India shall have peace with Pakistan, and China will join. It's very hard, but worth a try. The Kirshmir and AP is a problem laid ahead.
Tibet is a problem, you leave Tibet , SCS, everything will be fine..

Peace was with PAK, if they dont forced their way to JK by sending troops.

Tibet is a problem, you leave Tibet , SCS, everything will be fine..

Peace was with PAK, if they dont forced their way to JK by sending troops.
You are asking too much or you just being rude. Hymalaya is the headstream of Chinese mother river Yang Tze river, why shall we leave Tibet?

Still no real answers? Design is same if its dozen or hundred customers.
'successful launch' according to 'global times' :alcoholic:
10 years as it is, finger cross and waiting for AMCA,wake me up when it becomes reality.:-)

You are asking too much or you just being rude. Hymalaya is the headstream of Chinese mother river Yang Tze river, why shall we leave Tibet?
Same argument!
So are a lot of rivers from our northern state of J&K. Moreover why would any country in it's right mind give-up a strategically important place. There can be no peace in Kashmir as long as Pak covets it.

As a govt policy we support a One-China policy. We don't needlessly prick you with the Tibet issue.

I think China should come out & support India on Kashmir as a goodwill gesture for our stand on the above issues that China faces.

Your constant pricking us on Kashmir & AP will not bear any fruits. What it will do is antagonise India further to a point where we might stop supporting Chinese stand on One-China or Tibet. It might not result in a lot of gains. But, do you really want that? In the world of geo-politics?

On the side. There is a lot of learning from China & we always welcome healthy competition. Though I personally don't think India is a real competition to China ... yet. China is way ahead.

lol, the way you Claimed SCS based on old books , based on same ultra old book we can claim whole tibet....

Same argument!
So are a lot of rivers from our northern state of J&K. Moreover why would any country in it's right mind give-up a strategically important place. There can be no peace in Kashmir as long as Pak covets it.

As a govt policy we support a One-China policy. We don't needlessly prick you with the Tibet issue.

I think China should come out & support India on Kashmir as a goodwill gesture for our stand on the above issues that China faces.

Your constant pricking us on Kashmir & AP will not bear any fruits. What it will do is antagonise India further to a point where we might stop supporting Chinese stand on One-China or Tibet. It might not result in a lot of gains. But, do you really want that? In the world of geo-politics?

On the side. There is a lot of learning from China & we always welcome healthy competition. Though I personally don't think India is a real competition to China ... yet. China is way ahead.
You already have South Tibet, the place gave birth to The Sixth Dalai Lama. Since it's a fait accompli, you are actual benificiary. As to Kishmir, it's not Chinese problem. We cant dictate Pakistan's stance on Kirshmir, we will keep neutral. it's a bilateral problem between Pakistan and India, China shall not get invloved in.

lol, the way you Claimed SCS based on old books , based on same ultra old book we can claim whole tibet....
Many countries claim the ownership of SCS reefs and shoal and Island, China is just one of them. Why you always target China?

Back
Top Bottom