What's new

Will war break out between China and Vietnam ?

No, however China won't back down from our oil rig.

China made a wrong move.

We are recording several big deep investments of China to Vietnam, for example textile materials in NamDinh, ... for taking advantage of TPP applied to Vietnam soon. This is the significant change as regulated by TPP, there's not allowance of imported materials from outside. and the inside TPP export to USA applied Zero percent of Import duty.

The other TPP countries in Southeast Asia are Malaysia, Taiwan, Brunei ... not Laos, Cambodia ...
China is out of TPP, so without Vietnam, where China put their investment of material productions to ???

This is pure loss of China, the price is big export volume to USA and American latin, Oceania

China made a wrong move.

We are recording several big deep investments of China to Vietnam, for example textile materials in NamDinh, ... for taking advantage of TPP applied to Vietnam soon. This is the significant change as regulated by TPP, there's not allowance of imported materials from outside. and the inside TPP export to USA applied Zero percent of Import duty.

The other TPP countries in Southeast Asia are Malaysia, Taiwan, Brunei ... not Laos, Cambodia ...
China is out of TPP, so without Vietnam, where China put their investment of material productions to ???

This is pure loss of China, the price is big export volume to USA and American latin, Oceania

http://www.trademap.org/tradestat/C..._TS.aspx?nvpm=1|156||||52|||2|1|1|1|2|1|2|1|1

In 2013, Vietnam cotton accounts for 5.3% of Chinese cotton imports at 913,195 thousand USD. I think China will live without it.

Trans-Pacific Partnership - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Currently, the only members of TPP are Brunei, Chile, Singapore and New Zealand. Vietnam and Taiwan expressed interest in joining, but are not a former member. Besides, for all these countries, the only one that doesn't China as the largest trading partner is Brunei at a GDP of 16.95 billion USD (about a quarter of the GDP of my hometown, Shenyang). The chance for all these countries to give up trading with their biggest trade partner for the sake of a single 141.7 billion USD economy is rather slim. This is, of course, on top of the fact that Vietnam itself has China as the largest trade partner.

http://www.trademap.org/tradestat/C..._TS.aspx?nvpm=1|156||||52|||2|1|1|1|2|1|2|1|1

In 2013, Vietnam cotton accounts for 5.3% of Chinese cotton imports at 913,195 thousand USD. I think China will live without it.

Currently, the only members of TPP are Brunei, Chile, Singapore and New Zealand. Vietnam and Taiwan expressed interest in joining, but are not a former member. Besides, for all these countries, the only one that doesn't China as the largest trading partner is Brunei at a GDP of 16.95 billion USD (about a quarter of the GDP of my hometown, Shenyang). The chance for all these countries to give up trading with their biggest trade partner for the sake of a single 141.7 billion USD economy is rather slim. This is, of course, on top of the fact that Vietnam itself has China as the largest trade partner.

You're from Shenyang? It's a beautiful city. :)

No, however China won't back down from our oil rig.

I agree, but you can never be sure that Vietnam won't start a Naval clash against us, they are getting a bit too over-confident these days.

Do a math, for example:
1. China textile ever been exporting to USA, Japan based on a quota basis with variable tariff ( import tax rates )
2. Imported Cotton and domestic Cotton in pre-TPP countries would be made to Yarn and to Textile wares for export.
3. If TPP regulated, only domestic production Yarn in TPP countries accepted for making textiles wares for getting preferential Zero percent of TPP when export to USA, Japan ...
4. When the textiles from TPP countries get the Zero percent to USA, Japan, and China export was set at relative higher import tax rate in target markets ... ( for example 8% )
They would not order much of both China textiles and yarn but only TPP countries textiles and yarns.

That's for just textile.

----------------------
China investment pours into Vietnam textile industry on free trade hopes
MANABU ITO, Nikkei staff writer

20140203_shirts_article_thumbnail.jpg

A shirt factory in Vietnam's Nam Dinh Province: China's direct investment in Vietnam topped Japan's in 2013.

HANOI -- Chinese companies are showing strong interest in Vietnamese textile companies, with an eye toward using the Southeast Asian country as an export base for the U.S. once the Trans-Pacific Partnership free trade agreement is in force.

Vietnam, however, remains ambivalent about the increasing investment due to political tensions with its northern neighbor.

In July, major Chinese spinning company Texhong Textile Group began operating a giant factory in Mong Cai, a Vietnamese city near the border. The new facility, in Quang Ninh Province, sits on a roughly 350,000-sq.-meter plot. A total of six buildings are planned be built there to enable start-to-finish production covering every process, from spinning to dying to sewing.

The first phase of construction was completed at a cost of $300 million. Once the second phase finishes later this year, the site's annual capacity is expected to reach 110,000 tons.

Texhong led the way in organizing an investment promotion seminar in the province last year, attracting a total of roughly 50 Chinese and Hong Kong companies. According to the provincial government, Hong Kong sewing company TAL Group plans to build a factory in the area jointly with a Sri Lankan company. Another Hong Kong business is considering investing $100 million to build a jeans factory there.

Chinese textile companies are pumping more money into Vietnam because the Southeast Asian country is taking part in the TPP negotiations. If the talks conclude with an accord, the U.S. will very likely remove tariffs on textiles and sewn products from Vietnam. The country exported roughly $18 billion worth of sewn products last year, more than half of which went to the U.S.

"Once U.S. import tariffs are removed, we will need to boost the capacity of our Vietnamese plant," said Hong Tianzhu, Texhong's chairman and CEO.

China's direct investment in Vietnam soared 7.1-fold to $2.27 billion in 2013 on an approval basis. This put China ahead of Japan and behind only South Korea and Singapore.

Mixed feelings

To qualify for tariff waivers under the TPP, clothing exported from Vietnam will have to meet rules regarding country of origin. This means yarn used in those clothes will have to be spun in Vietnam. Chinese investment would likely help the Vietnamese textile industry by bringing advanced production technologies. But Vietnam's feeling toward the rising tide of Chinese investment is complex.

You're from Shenyang? It's a beautiful city. :)

I agree, but you can never be sure that Vietnam won't start a Naval clash against us, they are getting a bit too over-confident these days.

Thanks! :smitten:I like Shenyang's weather. It is not too hot during the summer and doesn't snow too much during the winter. Being one of the old industrial cities in China, Shenyang used to have quite a bit pollution. Though when I went back to visit in 2010, quite a bit seem to have been cleared up.

I read from the news when the rioters and hooligans stormed the factories to loot the properties, some workers had confronted them. fights broke out and resulted to casualties.

that is a general lesson: when a robber wants your money, it is best to give your belonging to him. your life is more worth.
So you admit you are a robber behavior?

Yes, I hate you. are you happy now? :D
Happy every day...

Last edited:
Thanks! :smitten:I like Shenyang's weather. It is not too hot during the summer and doesn't snow too much during the winter. Being one of the old industrial cities in China, Shenyang used to have quite a bit pollution. Though when I went back to visit in 2010, quite a bit seem to have been cleared up.

The weather in my city Hong Kong is awful, it's not just the heat but the humidity that is really excessive sometimes.

I've always wanted to move to a more northern city for the nicer weather. Not in Heilongjiang though, that is too cold. :partay: Shenyang seems to have a perfect balance.

And I can't imagine how awful the humidity must be in Vietnam, HK's humidity level is already sky-high.

It's very hot here, over 40 Celsius degree, like a hot sand desert

I have a question: With those large number ship (90 - over 100 ships ) and massive expensive oil rig operate everyday, how many money PRC used to run it per day !?
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money

I have a question: With those large number ship (90 - over 100 ships ) and massive expensive oil rig operate everyday, how many money PRC used to run it per day !?

Millions of $$$ each day while the poor chinese labors have to come Vietnam to get money for their living and some of them had been beaten to death.

Back
Top Bottom