What's new

World Armies - Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
General Nur uddin when he was colnel as Director of Military Operation in 1974 made the idea of total war similar to PLA in China.

It is now 2009. War has changed a lot in its dynamics and nature. Thread polarity has also changed. Being imotional and looking at the past will not serve us at all. Having a occupation by india was the main basis of Ansar and VDP. That is not a reality now.

Think out of the box.
Yes, but we have to think within the limit of our purse. We cannot just go for an arms race against India. When our economy is in a better shape, only then we can modernize our defence sector.

Yes, but we have to think within the limit of our purse. We cannot just go for an arms race against India. When our economy is in a better shape, only then we can modernize our defence sector.

If we do not have the Noor chowdhury and the gang, within our defence budget we can get quite effective weapons for our defence forces. We need also the foreign policy work parallely to develop the defence as well. We can get lots of EDA from USA, if our foreign policy is little bit pro active. EDA does not need money.

Last time USA offer BD around 420 3tons truck. We did not take that to make business deal for some politically connected businessman who are supplying truck to BD. With that access money we can buy artillary locating radar and air defence and engineering equipment to strengthen our defence.

If we do not have the Noor chowdhury and the gang, within our defence budget we can get quite effective weapons for our defence forces. We need also the foreign policy work parallely to develop the defence as well. We can get lots of EDA from USA, if our foreign policy is little bit pro active. EDA does not need money.

Last time USA offer BD around 420 3tons truck. We did not take that to make business deal for some politically connected businessman who are supplying truck to BD. With that access money we can buy artillary locating radar and air defence and engineering equipment to strengthen our defence.

Yaak.... I hate those 3 ton trucks as Pakistani and Georgian military got those from USA. They just dont look army anymore neither USA army uses them to carry their troops.
I think BD uses home made trucks.

Yaak.... I hate those 3 ton trucks as Pakistani and Georgian military got those from USA. They just dont look army anymore neither USA army uses them to carry their troops.

Yes but not all are home made.Arunima Boylan are I think made in BMTF.But I have seen a significant number of Renault trucks.

Those are not worse than what we get. It can be used by Army transport battalion, BDR, Answar, navy etc. It saved us money and that we can use somewhere where it is needed. that is the point here.

SU-27 with some upgradation is a good choice for BD. SU-30 is two seater with longer range which are unnecessary for BAF.
The price is very good, far better than j-10 and su-30.
JF-17 should be dropped from the list.

Su-27 is an superiority fighter,while Su-30 MK is a multirole aircraft.current trend shows that opting a multirole aircraft is better than having a different air-superiority and ground-attack aircraft(USA,for example,already retire almost all of it's A-series aircraft and are focusing on F/A-series aircraft).even a baseline Su-30MK can carry deep penetration attack,SEAD and air-superiority task

The latest variant of Su-27 SKM is probably perfect fo BD.But problem with Sukhois is that they are very expensive both to buy and to maintain.We can't allocate that much money on fighters.Its better to invest on SAMs and improve RADAR system for now.

a baseline Su-30MK is about 35 million,about the same price of F-16 block 50/52.about the cost,usually big,2 engined aircraft are more expensive to maintain(even other similar aircraft such as F-15).but it can carry more weapon,has longer range(i speak this with burma in mind) and are more flexible than current fighter in bangladesh inventory.(which is either a fighter or an ground attack aircraft)

even vietnam are having more flanker(they already have 24 flankers and opting for more) than both malaysia and indonesia.i don't see why bangladesh cannot operate such aircraft optimumly

Su-27 is an superiority fighter,while Su-30 MK is a multirole aircraft.current trend shows that opting a multirole aircraft is better than having a different air-superiority and ground-attack aircraft(USA,for example,already retire almost all of it's A-series aircraft and are focusing on F/A-series aircraft).even a baseline Su-30MK can carry deep penetration attack,SEAD and air-superiority task

a baseline Su-30MK is about 35 million,about the same price of F-16 block 50/52.about the cost,usually big,2 engined aircraft are more expensive to maintain(even other similar aircraft such as F-15).but it can carry more weapon,has longer range(i speak this with burma in mind) and are more flexible than current fighter in bangladesh inventory.(which is either a fighter or an ground attack aircraft)

even vietnam are having more flanker(they already have 24 flankers and opting for more) than both malaysia and indonesia.i don't see why bangladesh cannot operate such aircraft optimumly

I agree with your words.When air force like Eritrean AF can field Su-27(I don't know in which condition they are),there is no reason that we can't fly them.Moreover,Russia had previously offered Su-27 to us.So if we are willing to pay,they will offer us Su-30.

But the maintenance of twin engine fighters is a trouble.In that case,I think single engined Gripen should be the choice for us.The problem here is we have to invest more initially,than flankers.

Last edited:
What is wrong with F-16? Why not we should get them In the future we should even opt for F-35.

What is wrong with F-16? Why not we should get them In the future we should even opt for F-35.

Avoid made in US..it will be good for our health.If we are to buy from US,there will be thousand strings attached to it.Which will give US a chance to take unfair advantage from us.
F-16 is a very agile and proven fighter no doubt.But Gripen is better.There is no way US will offer us F-35,I am talking about 50 years later.
But there is a chance we can get a hand on Gripen NG,which will have AESA radar and is said to be least expensive to maintain among its class of fighters,thats 4.5 gen.

Gripen is probably the best option considering the size of BD's Air Space.It can take off from small runways too.

Avoid made in US..it will be good for our health.If we are to buy from US,there will be thousand strings attached to it.Which will give US a chance to take unfair advantage from us.
F-16 is a very agile and proven fighter no doubt.But Gripen is better.There is no way US will offer us F-35,I am talking about 50 years later.
But there is a chance we can get a hand on Gripen NG,which will have AESA radar and is said to be least expensive to maintain among its class of fighters,thats 4.5 gen.

We are not going Nukes.. Strings all revolved around Nukes. So dont worry. They will sell F-35 if they sell you F-16 now in near future.
:cheers:

We are not going Nukes.. Strings all revolved around Nukes. So dont worry. They will sell F-35 if they sell you F-16 now in near future.
:cheers:

indonesia also doesn't have nuke ambition

yet they also suffered embargo from the states.until their military relation got naturalized recently

not to mention that US-bloc weapon need to follow some kind of guideline(like restriction on counter-insurgency ops) to guarantee continuous assistance

Americans are not reliable supplier of spare parts. We pay them big money, but they stop sypplying spare parts when we show rivalry with a country that America regards as a friend. They do not do this to Israel, but always do it with Pakistan.

Bangladesh to purchase anti-armor and anti-ship missile from china
Mon, Feb 15, 2010

The Bangladeshi military will receive new equipment as part of a 10-year modernization program. Bangladesh's Planning Minister Air Vice Marshal A.K. Khandker (ret.) stated that the effort to purchase new equipment is on track. Orders will be placed for new armored vehicles during the current fiscal years. The Bangladeshi Army wants seven tanks and an armored recovery vehicle.

The Bangladeshi Army has various foreign-made armored vehicles. This fleet includes 1,080 Russian-built BTR-80 and BTR-70 wheeled armored vehicles, as well as 60 Egyptian-made Fahd 28s and several Turkish and Romanian 6x6 RN-94 armored personnel carriers (APCs).

Besides vehicles, Bangladesh plans to purchase anti-armor and anti-ship missile systems. The Bangladeshi Navy's Osman, a modified Type 053H frigate, will be fitted with anti-aircraft and anti-ship missiles from China. The BNS Bangabandhu will be similarly equipped.

In addition, Bangladesh wants to purchase three new frigates to replace a similar number of ex-British Royal Navy ships currently in service. Bangladesh hopes to be operating submarines by 2019.

Link
Bangladesh to purchase anti-armor and anti-ship missile from china : Defense news

Bangladesh to purchase anti-armor and anti-ship missile from china
Mon, Feb 15, 2010

The Bangladeshi military will receive new equipment as part of a 10-year modernization program. Bangladesh's Planning Minister Air Vice Marshal A.K. Khandker (ret.) stated that the effort to purchase new equipment is on track. Orders will be placed for new armored vehicles during the current fiscal years. The Bangladeshi Army wants seven tanks and an armored recovery vehicle.

The Bangladeshi Army has various foreign-made armored vehicles. This fleet includes 1,080 Russian-built BTR-80 and BTR-70 wheeled armored vehicles, as well as 60 Egyptian-made Fahd 28s and several Turkish and Romanian 6x6 RN-94 armored personnel carriers (APCs).

Besides vehicles, Bangladesh plans to purchase anti-armor and anti-ship missile systems. The Bangladeshi Navy's Osman, a modified Type 053H frigate, will be fitted with anti-aircraft and anti-ship missiles from China. The BNS Bangabandhu will be similarly equipped.

In addition, Bangladesh wants to purchase three new frigates to replace a similar number of ex-British Royal Navy ships currently in service. Bangladesh hopes to be operating submarines by 2019.

Link
Bangladesh to purchase anti-armor and anti-ship missile from china : Defense news

Thank you fallstuff bro....for sharing it.......good news :cheers:

Btw, i would like to question that amount of 1080 APCs from Russia we have....is it accurate....??? if so, fantastic figures i must say.....moreover, the report also overlooked the Otokar Kobras we use.....:police:

Cheers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom