What's new

World Armies - Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bangladesh to purchase anti-armor and anti-ship missile from china
Mon, Feb 15, 2010

In addition, Bangladesh wants to purchase three new frigates to replace a similar number of ex-British Royal Navy ships currently in service. Bangladesh hopes to be operating submarines by 2019.

Link
Bangladesh to purchase anti-armor and anti-ship missile from china : Defense news

This is the first confirmed report I have read that BD will purchase submarines. I have read somewhere else that there will be four units of this underwater war machine. It will be a great leap forward. The purchase will make our big neighbours nerveous and will make them think before they poke their dirty nose inside our sea territory.

Go, Bangladesh go.

I did not know that Bangladeshi Army was in such a bad shape. This after them having ruled the country for a few years. Did they not try to buy new equipment , clearly define a doctrine, and then train at that time?

INDIAN TROLLING COMES IN AND TALKS ****.
I didn't know India was in such a bad shape even after 62 years, it still forgot to buy new equipment, but clearly it looks like it likes to have Slumdogs running around the place.
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

we are hearing of bangladesh will buy submarin navy will be three dimentional force for a long time now after this long wait we now confirm of buying helicopter for navy but still 9 years to get our hand on submarin .

our army still does not have any attack helicopter and does not have any midium or long rang air defence system

I did not know that Bangladeshi Army was in such a bad shape. This after them having ruled the country for a few years. Did they not try to buy new equipment , clearly define a doctrine, and then train at that time?
Why to shed crocodile's tears for our Bangladesh? Our first priority was and is always economy. Moreover, India always kept on disturbing with our procurement by showing displeasure at every opportunity whenever we tried to strengthen our capability.

Now, that our economy is in strong footing, we have more money to spend on arms, and Indian objections are now easily nullified when China and US are backing us. Note that BD is not willing to get an offensive capability like Pakistan. Our population can easily be mobilized during a war.

This is the first confirmed report I have read that BD will purchase submarines. I have read somewhere else that there will be four units of this underwater war machine. It will be a great leap forward. The purchase will make our big neighbours nerveous and will make them think before they poke their dirty nose inside our sea territory.

Go, Bangladesh go.

U mean that u will make india nervous.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why not?? I heard submarine could inflict serious damages... ;)
Quite and long endured SUBs are the ultimate NAVAL weapons IMO. Many modern NAVIES including Chinese have started to believe in SUB based doctrine while surface vesseles would stay as subordinate. It would be quantum leap for BN if it can get 4 SUBs. I would preffer BN to go for 4 of the Turkish U-209 boats with modern refurbishment. Another good one could be Chinese Yuan with AIP.

U mean that u will make india nervous.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
India is a regional military power. BD neither can compete nor can make it nerveous by procuring just 4 units of submarines. But, with this purchase, Burma and India may not get away with pleasure in an offensive. Their noses may also bleed.

INDIAN TROLLING COMES IN AND TALKS ****.
I didn't know India was in such a bad shape even after 62 years, it still forgot to buy new equipment, but clearly it looks like it likes to have Slumdogs running around the place.
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:
I really don't like such comments. You must learn to appreciate india's rise. We pakistanis can't comment on Indian military forces. They may be weak in comparison to US. RUSSIA or China. But they're miles ahead of us.. Their defence budget is 34 billion dollars which is just 2 percent of their GDP. But we are spending 3.6% of our GDP and yet our defence budget is 8 billion dollars. I've seen many of my Pakistani brothers commenting on Indian slums. But they have the second fastest growing economy in the world as well as second fastest poverty decline rate. Even in 1999 GDP per capita of Pakistan was more than India. But because of their economic boom their GDP per capita is now twice that of us. Their total GDP is close to 15 times more than that of us. Experts predict that because of the double digit growth India is slated to witness in this decade their economy will be ranked fourth behind those of USA,China and Japan by the end of this decade. As far as defence goes their defence budget will be about 180 billion dollars in 2015 if they continue to spend at the present rate of 2% of the GDP. You can understand the amount of development that's taking place in India if you visit the thread "India developing but still a long way to go". You'll be shocked. They have moved really forward. We as well as other south asian countries are nowhere near to India.

Last edited:
If a small country like Israel can make the entire middle east nervous.....why cant Bangladesh
That's the difference between Israel and Bangladesh. Israel is miles ahead in terms of everything. You just can't compare the two.

Keeping Israel aside:

I also think that if Taiwan can be a damn developed and self dependent beside China then why BD can't be self dependent beside India? Why we believe that we can not grow up or run without depend on India?

No doubt Bangladesh can develop without being depndent on India...infact there are two scenarios when you are talking about development...Taiwan is developing more militarily and the reason is China..now Bangladesh does not have any war like situation with any of its neighbour...so the development in BD will be more for the civil society.which is much better.And for that BD does not need to be dependent on India,but to develop it needs co-operation with its neighbours,and India already being more developed can easily provide opportunity for in co-operation in fields of trade,commerce,etc.
This will not only help Bangladeh but will equally help India..this is not called being dependent.

I mean special forces in BD army, are they have or not have?
well bangladesh navy has a special forces unit. they r called UDT/SWADS.Highly trained and well equipped.they train with da US navy SEALs and the koreans.size believed to b eaual to a battalion.

Gripen is probably the best option considering the size of BD's Air Space.It can take off from small runways too.
In fact Gripen is THE best plane for BAF. Single engine , has the lowest maintainence cost and overall performance is good for a small country like BD. However currently BAF is converting its 16 Mig 29s to SMT/M/M2 and ordered an additional 18 Mig 29SMT/M/M2s. These are the upgraded Mig 29s. Also they are planning to procure Su-30MKK which according to me is a good option too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom