What's new

WoW ! Bangladesh Air Force Honours IAF Chief .

many husband-wife relationships can be fraught with misunderstandings, yeah could be referred to as frenemies, I suppose, until the next romantic candle-lit dinner and swiss chocolates and ....

when wallet becomes thin the arguments get bigger.
the lady loves Ferrero Rocher. a sign of good taste
View attachment 757884
gimme, gimme Ferrero Rocher.

nah its qadsbury and a box of snickers.

IIRC ... didn't the IAF CAS visit Pakistan soon after the 1965 War (or vice-versa)? @SQ8

I do have to say though...the CAS' on both sides really had another level of dignity / 'izaat. I guess it might have been the generation at the time and/or being WW2 veterans?

View attachment 757804
very interesting , i wonder what they discussed.

Gives off a similar vibe when H M Ershad and Zia ul Haq met. Both of them Military men from pretty much the same institution. Both of them were staunch anti-communists and had similar political views.
1625008437082.png

1625008458564.png

Ershad's Predecessor was also a military man named Zia ur Rahman. There was a news report in BTV i think '' Zia meets Zia''. (the first time Zia ul Haq met Zia ur Rahman in a SAARC meeting). i can't find it but i remember seeing it.

@Windjammer should be given a -ve rating for not starting a poll in this thread :lol:

Possible causes of CAS funny non military posture:

a) Desperate AF Chief flies to Bangladesh to take a dump, in absence of clean toilets at home
b) Could not get posterior stitched at home, torn by PAF, so had to fly abroad for treatment
c) Depression, driving him towards suicide so needed a visit abroad. Raphaeel does not solve any issues.
d) Hafiz Saeed called him and said "nawa aya hai soniya"

Please feel free to add......

I guess we know where the other AMRAAM went.

Gives off a similar vibe when H M Ershad and Zia ul Haq met. Both of them Military men from pretty much the same institution. Both of them were staunch anti-communists and had similar political views.
View attachment 757887
View attachment 757888

Ershad's Predecessor was also a military man named Zia ur Rahman. There was a news report in BTV i think '' Zia meets Zia''. (the first time Zia ul Haq met Zia ur Rahman in a SAARC meeting). i can't find it but i remember seeing it.

Many of the politicians who had joined to form new parties for Lt Gen Ershad and Lt Gen Zia ur Rehman , were communists. In fact the founding members and leaders of BNP were mostly from leftist JSD and NAP. They later joined to form Jatya Party of Ershad. The first SAARC summit was held in Dacca in 1985 when Zia ur Reham was already dead (1981). Both Zia's must have met in Islamabad on a different occasion.

Last edited:
Many of the politicians who had joined to form new parties for Lt Gen Ershad and Lt Gen Zia ur Rehman , were communists. In fact the founding members and leaders of BNP were mostly from leftist JSD and NAP. They later joined to form Jatya Party of Ershad. The first SAARC summit was held in Dacca in 1985 when Zia ur Reham was already dead (1981). Both Zia's must have met in Islamabad on a different occasion.
there ya go
1625012739649.png

i think they met before the summit to discuss the formation of SAARC

A sad day in your history. This was the only moron you guys could find who was willing to fly in?

:lol:

Military Staff Command Colleges induct foreign trainees all the time. It is part of diplomacy and protocol between neighbor military commands, given that DSCSC training is valued overseas and of course, in the neighborhood. Bangladesh and India are not in war footing at this time of course.

Decency of protocol among military commands must be maintained in peacetime.

If we admit military officers from Nepal and Sri Lanka (Not to say all over Africa and Asia), how can one say no to those from India or Pakistan? Pakistan's military academies in Kakul, Abbottabad, Sargodha, Chaklala and elsewhere are of course also quite famous and I don't know if Pakistani officers apply to Bangladesh military academies. But the college's records say that they had trainees from Pakistan as well. And of course the Pakistani Defence Attaché has paid a visit to the Academy as part of protocol.

slider002.jpg

slider003.jpg

DSC_2106-555x311.jpg

DSC_7494-555x311.jpg

Last edited:
IIRC ... didn't the IAF CAS visit Pakistan soon after the 1965 War (or vice-versa)? @SQ8

I do have to say though...the CAS' on both sides really had another level of dignity / 'izaat. I guess it might have been the generation at the time and/or being WW2 veterans?

View attachment 757804
This generation was also batch mates or shared the same alma mater - which is why they had the respect for each other.

The same way the generations prior to these current ones had more “officer and a gentleman” compared to the current one,

View attachment 757887
View attachment 757888

Ah General Ershad - always the dapper debonaire, regardless of his scheming.

But you have to give it to Zia ur Rahman for coming up with the idea of SAARC, which ironically India benefitted the most from.

Ah General Ershad - always the dapper debonaire, regardless of his scheming.

But you have to give it to Zia ur Rahman for coming up with the idea of SAARC, which ironically India benefitted the most from.

Well spoken man.

I would encourage everyone to watch the whole video.

Enjoy!

there ya go
View attachment 757897

i think they met before the summit to discuss the formation of SAARC
It was in 1977 in when Gen. Zia-ul-Haq was the chief martial law administrator. It is also to note that Lt Gen Ziaur Rehman visited both Cuba and North Korea which was rare for a 'non Communist' third world country leader at that time. He was also close to Most pro Soviet leaders including Ceusescu and Tito. However, he was in surprise to common laymen BD people, more closer to India than with Pakistan in his last days. BD army officers who helped him win the 1975 power struggle on the 7th November were mostly pro - China leftists including Major Dalim group who is still under Chinese protections and cleaverly overlooked by Hasina for strategic fear .

View attachment 757804
What do you think they would do? They fought together and trained together under the brits, it was the partition which divided the services into the 2 countries.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom