What's new

WSJ: India Graduates Millions, but Too Few Are Fit to Hire

The Vulture's have found an exposed piece of flesh.. but the blind refuse to acknowledge it..
The fact is.. and.. I take Aamir Khan's two master pieces as an example.. the mindset of our societies...
the 99% guy is king.. whether that 99% is obtained via understanding.. or rote learning.. forced down a throat..
The result.. is .. donkeys.. "gadhas".. roaming the streets of the desi world..
Even here.. under every darn rock you will find MBAs who cant tell the A in administration...
When a kid in the western world shows potential in playing the piano.. his parents know he can make himself a future in it.. and encourage it.
Here.. the kid is beaten for ignoring his studies at the expense of his potential.. forced into being one of the popular professions..(the result is unemployment due to saturation).. and another sad.. depressed individual roaming in life.

Of course not bad,Indian are good in maths all the time as we all know.

Excuse me, but "as we all know" that "Indians are good at maths"?

Who knows? I don't !

And who told you that?

Is that the same "source" that claims that 46% of NASA scientists are Indians, so for Microsoft, Intel, IBM, etc. etc. ?

:rofl:

Internatinal Maths Olympiad (IMO) is an authoritive test to test a country's top maths skills of young talents.

- India is no where in the top league, actually usually outside the top 15, in Internatinal Maths Olympiad (IMO) , in every year for the last 20 years!

We all know China has virtually a monopoly on the #1 spot of IMO for the last decade.

PISA, a standard internaltional test which includes a seperate Maths Section, is to test a country's general/average maths level for 15-year-old students at school, which historically is positively correlated to their later average university SAT performance .

- 2 of India's regions that have been randomly choosen for PISA test in 2010 reached no where in the top 20 country ranking. We all know that Shanghai scored as #1.

These facts speak volumns of Indians' so-called "good" maths skills, which must be as good as India's "world-beating" rocket technology.

Who knows? I don't !

And who told you that?

Is that the same "source" that claims that 46% of NASA scientists are Indians, so for Microsoft, Intel, IBM, etc. etc. ?

Internatinal Maths Olympiad (IMO) is an authoritive test to test a country's top maths skills of young talents.

- India is no where in the top league, actually usually outside the top 15, in Internatinal Maths Olympiad (IMO) , in every year for the last 20 years!

We all know China has virtually a monopoly on the #1 spot of IMO for the last decade.

PISA, a standard internaltional test which includes a seperate Maths Section, is to test a country's general/average maths level for 15-year-old students at school, which historically is positively correlated to their later average university SAT performance .

- 2 of India's regions that have been randomly choosen for PISA test in 2010 reached no where in the top 20 country ranking. We all know that Shanghai scored as #1.

These facts speak volumns of Indians' so-called "good" maths skills, which must be as good as India's "world-beating" rocket technology.

thank you sir for showing your educational values .

Who knows? I don't !

And who told you that?

Maths skills as you said base on what,formula or something?After all it is about Arabic numerals and who found them?
And modern science

Maths skills as you said base on what,formula or something?After all it is about Arabic numerals and who found them?
And modern science

The numerals aren't Arabic, although Arab propagated the knowledge to Europe from India.

And modern science

Learn to speak with FACTS ( I provided you 2 of them in my post), not propaganda!

Give me some statistics saying that "on average Indians are good at maths."

You can't!

--- this is because any statistics tell otherwise!

I hate to say it, but have you ever heard of something called average * * of a population?

When talking about a aarge group of the same people "good at" or "bad at", we are really looking at "average" , correct ?

This "average" is mostly fixed due to population * *

I personally dont undertstand this whole thing about unemployability . How can you expect a student to be at par with people who have work experience in an organisation and an industry of years . How can books ever teach you what you can only learn "on the job" .I think college is important only for gaiving a basic knowledge to students about the field and its details however the main work of the field can only be learnt once you start working on it .How do these employers expect students to just come out of college and become good lawyers , engineers or doctors ? I think its crap . companies must have their own employee training programmes for new employees particularly the freshers. I know people in India who have passed out of IIMs without any prior work ex and people who have passed out of other b or C grade colleges and they have the same amount of knowledge right after they pass out . Even an IIM graduate learns most things on the job , it is just that he gets more oppurtunities to prove himself because of the brand name which other students don't have .On the job learning is everything and companies must not try to escape it . Train your employees , dont expect students to become geniuses in the field just by reading books in college.

Learn to speak with FACTS ( I provided you 2 of them in my post), not propaganda!

Give me some statistics saying that "on average Indians are good at maths."

You can't!

--- this is because any statistics tell otherwise!

I hate to say it, but have you ever heard of something called average * * of a population?

When talking about a aarge group of the same people "good at" or "bad at", we are really looking at "average" , correct ?

This "average" is mostly fixed due to population * *

Maybe it is sterotype things in my mind that make me believe Indian averagely good in something so forth.Just like invention of Arabic numerals must lead to be excel in software programing.

Funny to see some fools trying to act racist who are themselves looked down upon by many!

I would not stoop to the level of these bananas and say bad words about all Chinese. I know there are many decent ones, these opium addict dimwit bananas don't define all Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom