What's new

Young Muslims add glam to their hijabs

Have you ever seen acclaimed western women in untidy, bewildered out look? or in casual dress?

Here is an opposite format for quick comparison:

Yakkkkkkkkkk you made me vomit.

RIP to these weird concepts of modernity

Zaki....Picture was meant for those who like to criticize a perfectly civilized dress just because it does not reveal much.

Zaki....Picture was meant for those who like to criticize a perfectly civilized dress just because it does not reveal much.

Batman i dont mind if they like such things for them (the pic in point) but it indeed is sad demise of cleanliness and i would say its health risk

The Khimr and Jilbab have everything to do with religion... That does not mean women cannot wear these clothes in different styles...

I feel like I m back in school Wallahe... ;)

Yakkkkkkkkkk you made me vomit.

RIP to these weird concepts of modernity

Dear Jana,
I meant to say that we can't single out Hijab from complete dress.
Imagine wearing Hijab or scarf on Sari?

Scarf/Hijab are cultural and historic... contrary to the subject that it is new and suddenly Muslim women should stop it.

Keeping it has nothing to do with being modern or liberal.
A scarfed women can be liberal in her daily matters but would not like to give up on scarf because it is cultural... it is part of her.

I love kohati chappal and i cannot give up on it while i'm smoking!

This is not the subject matter but why you like a woman in Hijab! while you criticize it at the same time?

Hijab is just organised form of dress code and it is not new

Sorry I missed this, but a super question - I like the girl because I think she is pretty, n ot because she is n a hijab

Now as to your revisionist contentiomn that Hijab among Muslims is a ancient garb - this is, like I said a revisionist bit of fiction, in fact Hijab began as a political expression particluarly in Egypt, not only does it not have Muslim ance4stry, it infact has Christian and Jewish ancestry.

But hey, you don't have to believe any of this, you go on thinking and believing anything that floats your boat.

Yes.. it has Jewish and Christian ancestral because of similarities in religion and closeness in culture.

It dosn't matter where it came from but it is in vogue from decades and i maintain is nothing new and is not exclusive to Arab culture.

It had been widely practiced in Pakistan for decades.

Please, don't argue or be critical of a perfectly civilized dress for the sake of argument.

Last edited:
Yes.. it has Jewish and Christian ancestral because of similarities in religion and closeness in culture.

right, similarities, yeah, closeness - like I said, revisionist fiction will not earn anybody any merit.

Perfectly civilized? If you are a tribal society, perhaps it will match your understanding of civilized -- uoi will no doubt have read that Jana does not necessarily wear the Hijab because she likes it but rather to appease others - if there was not the element of coersion involved would women such Jana have to wear hijab or scarf? Well it is at least a fair question, is it not?

And since it is fair to pose that question, is it unfair to wonder why coersion is associated with what you describe as "civilized"?

See, my objection is not that some choose to wear it, rather it is with the suggestion that it is religiously mandated, a mandate that our parents and their parebnts remained ignorant of until the Islamist movements of the middle east, particularly in Egypt, made it an emblem of political expression - I do hope you understand and that you will adjust your position similarly - remember, revision and fiction always fail, well, because it is fiction.

By the way, which of the girls did you like, did you think the Morocaan was pretty?

Sorry I missed this, but a super question - I like the girl because I think she is pretty, not because she is n a hijab

See, my objection is not that some choose to wear it, rather it is with the suggestion that it is religiously mandated, a mandate that our parents and their parebnts remained ignorant of until the Islamist movements of the middle east, particularly in Egypt, made it an emblem of political expression - I do hope you understand and that you will adjust your position similarly - remember, revision and fiction always fail, well, because it is fiction.

By the way, which of the girls did you like, did you think the Morocaan was pretty?

What's the deal with the Moroccan girl?

I would say the Moroccan girl is just chitti, probably way too much base/face powder. Not impressed. :taz:

And by the way, I have been following this thread since morning and that's not how the debate had started. You have been at the hijabi girls for trying to get some attention/competition.

I would go back and just say that the purpose of the 'hijab', is for "modesty" -- no cuteness allowed. If you want the cuteness, just go without it.

Agreed with you that covering the head should not be linked with religious ideologues.

People you got to check out major Parks in Karachi ,They are almost filled with lovebirds who come out on date obviously without teling anybody and majority of women or girls like 9/10 you'l see will have a burqa... Burqa is very much popular with Dating girls ;)

This whole thing changed my definition of a girl in Burqa...;)
Damn..!!!

^^ it is because, so that no relative of the girl can recognize her :D

Elmo

Great to read you, what do you make of the notion of degrees of seperation with regard to Chemical Brother's assertion about Burqa dates, certainly not new but now so common - In a urban society, there are ever increasing numbers of interactions, with a variety of persons, it's just a quality that charcterizes urban life, how does one reconcile this whole Hidden away thing with urban life?

Would you think that such prescriptions are bound to fail because they are unrealistic - here I'm thinking of increasing numbers oif women who must find work, generally factory work, or sales jobs - whats your thinking?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom