What's new

Your Photography 2

giphy.gif

@Gomig-21 Something like this?

View attachment 431524

That is outstanding! You made short work of those 10 frames lol. :lol:
Funny, this gif reminds me of how it was the basic concept behind the developing of motion film/movies; putting as many consecutive frames together per second.
Good stuff, thanks for doing that!

Suddenly a pelican showed up and started flying around and fishing in front of us on a Miami beach. I was surprised how fast he was moving for a bird with a honker like that lol. I had to react quickly and took the shots with my phone, so he's not centered or focused very well but considering the circumstances, it came out pretty decent.

20151224_140449.jpg

20151224_135824.jpg

20151227_135019.jpg

And speaking of fishing (which we can't get enough of) on our most recent trip to Maryland, we were about 20 miles out east of the Chesapeake Bay and to much of our surprise, we had a few, very tired, migrating fellas (some type of warbler) land on the boat for a quick nap. 3 on ours and 4 on our friends' including one that landed on my friend's shoulder and sat there for a few minutes.

20151015_132458.jpeg

After they left, we had a visit from this HUGE rarity of a beauty. Can anyone identify this fish? :-)

20151015_164805.jpeg

20151015_164813.jpeg

That's it. They are such gentle giants and very awkward when they reach the surface because of their shape. They actually end up floating sideways because of that. I've seen them a couple of times only but every time it's very exciting. They role over, check out what's going on in the boat with one eye and then puddle along lol.

This is how big they get.

2122243084.jpg

Suddenly a pelican showed up and started flying around and fishing in front of us on a Miami beach. I was surprised how fast he was moving for a bird with a honker like that lol. I had to react quickly and took the shots with my phone, so he's not centered or focused very well but considering the circumstances, it came out pretty decent.

View attachment 434453

View attachment 434457

View attachment 434458

And speaking of fishing (which we can't get enough of) on our most recent trip to Maryland, we were about 20 miles out east of the Chesapeake Bay and to much of our surprise, we had a few, very tired, migrating fellas (some type of warbler) land on the boat for a quick nap. 3 on ours and 4 on our friends' including one that landed on my friend's shoulder and sat there for a few minutes.

View attachment 434461

After they left, we had a visit from this HUGE rarity of a beauty. Can anyone identify this fish? :-)

View attachment 434471

View attachment 434472

Is that a kind of shark? What is the little bird?

^^ Nice pic.

Is that a kind of shark? What is the little bird?

No it's the largest type of sunfish, the ocean sunfish (nicknamed Mola Mola) check out post #278 & #279.
The little bird is a type of warbler. There are literally hundreds of subspecies of warblers just in the eastern United State alone. I used to know exactly what type of warbler it was but forget. I'll have to ask my friend since trying to ID the type through the internet or even bird guides is very difficult, especially the blander, females. But they are beautiful, tiny little birds and they have some of the most spectacular songs you'll ever hear, and many come very colorful.

These are a few of the well known males.

Blackburnian Warbler (one of the most spectacular ones and this guy sings an opera! lol)

BlackburnianWarbler-Hayes.jpg

Prothonary warlbler

Prothonary-Warbler-naathas.jpg

Cerulean Warbler

cerulean-warbler1.jpg

Hooded Warlber

Hooded_Warbler_l07-53-085_l_1.jpg

Many more here: https://www.google.com/search?q=war...2oMKHTetCfoQ_AUICigB&biw=1586&bih=767#imgrc=_

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom