What's new

Dubai - United Arab Emirates (Feast your eyes)

Loved this picture online and though of sharing it ! two skylines (background , sheikh Zayed road skyline , foreground, Dubai marina skyline)

View attachment 718321

Very nice. As a bigtime boater who's been boating for many years, basically a seaman who has quite a few nautical elements on his own bucket list as a result and one of them is taking our personal boat (she's only 30ft but has a big heart) and I would love to take her starting at Port Said in Egypt's northern most point of the Suez Canal and all the way through the canal and down into the Gulf of Suez and the entire Red Sea stretch.

The problem would be cutting through the Gulf of Aden and around Yemen lol. That and of course further down the line once we have to turn to portside and go north-west through the precarious Strait of Hurmuz. Dubai isn't that far from the strait and would be the first of the two big cities and then Abu Dhabi a few more kilometers north-west from there. That's probably why you can actually see each skyline from the other because of that short distance. But if I was able to pull that trip off in a nice 80 foot Azimut flybridge or something equivalent, that would be much more ideal. But certainly would make for a terrific trip that would be filled with some great fishing and swimming and even diving. Just too bad that entire stretch into the Gulf of Oman would make it rather impossible. We would need a complete missile system on our boat. :lol:

Last edited:
Very nice. As a bigtime boater who's been boating for many years, basically a seaman who has quite a few nautical elements on his own bucket list as a result and one of them is taking our personal boat (she's only 30ft but has a big heart) and I would love to take her starting at Port Said in Egypt's northern most point of the Suez Canal and all the way through the canal and down into the Gulf of Suez and the entire Red Sea stretch.

The problem would be cutting through the Gulf of Aden and around Yemen lol. That and of course further down the line once we have to turn to portside and go north-west through the precarious Gulf of Hurmuz. Dubai isn't that far from the straight and would be the first of the two big cities and then Abu Dhabi a few more kilometers north-west from there. That's probably why you can actually see each skyline from the other because of that short distance. But if I was able to pull that trip off in a nice 80 foot Azimut flybridge or something equivalent, that would be much more ideal. But certainly would make for a terrific trip that would be filled with some great fishing and swimming and even diving. Just too bad that entire stretch into the Gulf of Oman would make it rather impossible. We would need a complete missile system on our boat. :lol:

Mashallah ! i myself am not too fond of boats and the open sea ! land or me thank you very much ;)

also, the picture i posted is showing two skylines in the city of Dubai. Abu Dhabi is about 180 kilometers away and i doubt we ever have a clear enough day to see both skylines in the same picture

Mashallah ! i myself am not too fond of boats and the open sea ! land or me thank you very much ;)

Hey, nothing wrong with that at all. To each their own, for sure. But what a trek that would be.

also, the picture i posted is showing two skylines in the city of Dubai. Abu Dhabi is about 180 kilometers away and i doubt we ever have a clear enough day to see both skylines in the same picture

Ah, ok. I didn't realize that there were two skiylines in Dubai itself, nor did I know the distance was that much by quickly looking at it on a map. 180km is roughly 9 times the distance to the horizon. So even if clarity was at its peak, the distance over-stretches the horizon by way too many time to get a clear view.

Lots of investment made to beautify the city, and it is looking wonderful.

Compare with other metropolises around the world which are basically concrete jungles.

Is this one for real or man made ?

100% man made , just in time for ramadan ! whoever wrote those captions needs to be fired xD

i find it quite grotesque. Especially since i assume it is not sustainable. There is even a heart shaped lake for those romantic nights xD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom