What's new

Harry Potter or Lord Of The Rings

Which one is your Favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harry mera puttar was no where near the Gangalf the Gery and his Team

LOTR, Harry Potter wasn't around when I was young....

Err, its in the American educational curriculum! At least LOTR is. Where did you go to High School? We knew about Gandalf as kids!

You definitely don't sound older than 1950s old.

There should be an option to this poll - "I grew up".

They are different parables. LOTR is about the decline of Britain and the rise of the U.S.; HP is about a boy's rise to maturity. In both cases the heros liberated their fellows from fear and tyranny but LOTR is the nobler tale because it's much more gloomy: Frodo can liberate others but never could fully liberate himself and long before the climax lost hope of doing so.

I loved both movies thousand times. They are so good. I love them. I hope JK rowling writes more adventurous fantasy books.

Lord of the Rings no doubt. Can't wait for the Hobbit.

Lord of the rings it is. Got sick of Harry Potter after the first 3 movies and stopped watching the remaining altogether.

Lord of The Rings - hands down winner for me.
I am now looking forward to The Hobbits.

So British are the elves and Americans are the men.:D
So it would seem. Another contemporary "transition" tale, on a lesser level, was the 1965 British movie "Those Magnificent Men and Their Flying Machines".

Lord of Rings is more entertaining , I found it to be very original

The Harry Potter movies seemed to me were lame , except for the one called half blood prince which I really enjoyed
The stories themselves seems geared towards younger kids , and most of the ideas seemed to me at least
stolen from Japanese Animation Naruto (Comics/ Animation) . I found the similarities too much

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom