What's new

1961 Indo-Portuguese War

godless and stupid, ever heard of the roman empire? the islamic empire? the british empire - now thats what you call an EMPIRE - yet for you passing trade is an empire, LOL

again, i refer you to the roman empire? or the greek empire? or the persian empire?

in fact any empire other than the imaginary indian one in your head which is based on trade!

this does not even exist now so how did it exist back then? the only time it existed in any organized form was once the british left.

india has been a mish mash of disparate castes, groups, tribes and peoples.

and back to the point i was not referring to india's gas reserves but india's fertile land which would have made it rich back then, i credited you with enough intelligence to understand that

not so powerful then?

not really, i hold no malicious feelings to any people and i dont mean to hurt or harm people, but you have no reason to start writing your own fiction novel do you?

we have just that dispelled that

An Empire is based on various aspects. These include -

1. A central authority over a vast area irrespective of serfs being middle men.
2. A complete stranglehold on the economy of the region with a significant contribution to world trade.
3. A large armed force - capable of both - defense and offense.
4. An ability to project power abroad - either military or soft power.

Based on these the Asoka Empire, the Gupta Empire, the Chola Empire and the Mughal Empire and to a lesser extent the Maratha Empire - all qualify.

Jwing but what were the local opinions of the war did they want to stay a portugese colony or be part of india?

Jwing but what were the local opinions of the war did they want to stay a portugese colony or be part of india?

The local populace certainly did not enjoy the Portuguese colonisation experience. For one thing, Portuguese rule was entirely a 'Martial Law' experience, complete with the attendant 'thrills'. The Portuguese were ruthless in their governance. In contrast the British 'may' look like 'Santa Claus' in their activities.

Neither Ancient India nor Ancient Rome were global powers in the MODERN sense, because there were no aircraft carriers, strategic bombers, nukes, etc. in 200 B.C. that allowed India, Rome, or anyone else to deploy military strength on a global scale.

geez you are a special case - ofcourse ancient empires were not modern:rofl::rofl:

even if you take the indian empire - (which is mostly fantasy and mythology) - to its extremes it is restricted to one continent, in fact one part of one continent!

roman empire spanned several continents
islamic empire spanned several continents
british empire spanned several continents

and neither had aircraft carriers

However, both India and Rome were global powers in terms of their share of global GDP, global trade, global population, etc.

The Romans definitely had military power. And so did the ancient Indians. The Mauryan Empire under Ashoka, for example, was as large as the Roman Empire in terms of area, but had a greater population.

the indian empire hardly existed - STOP SAYING THAT - you are talking about a specific dynasty for a much shorter period of time

this thing you call the indian empire is not good enough to wipe the boots of the roman empire, and yes even the islamic empire is less than the roman empire - and your imaginary indian empire is also far below the islamic empire.

put it this way - the indian empire lost to all the other major empires around - how can that be a super power when its always getting its *** whupped?

Hey joker, look at the list of empires on Post #19. Each of those unified a great deal of the Indian subcontinent. It is only a fantasy to people like you who can't accept the reality

unified - dont be ridiculous, this has never happened - even the british could not do that

chandragupta maurya drove the Greeks out and expanded their empire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good attempt by indians as these white guys must leave the occupied lands which belongs to the people of those lands.

The colonial era has gone but still there are some lands still occupied by others on economic bases.

Anyway without any discredit towards the indians, i couldn't see all this as a war nor i'll compare it to the real wars as that of Vietnam. indian forces didn't faced any major threat nor oposition by few thousand portuguese soldiers. There was no air force to contrast nor any AA defence. basically it was like an war exercise. When you already know that there will be no collatral damage nor any consequence of your actions. it's like knowing already to have won in the start!

geez you are a special case - ofcourse ancient empires were not modern:rofl::rofl:

even if you take the indian empire - (which is mostly fantasy and mythology) - to its extremes it is restricted to one continent, in fact one part of one continent!

roman empire spanned several continents
islamic empire spanned several continents
british empire spanned several continents

and neither had aircraft carriers

the indian empire hardly existed - STOP SAYING THAT - you are talking about a specific dynasty for a much shorter period of time

this thing you call the indian empire is not good enough to wipe the boots of the roman empire, and yes even the islamic empire is less than the roman empire - and your imaginary indian empire is also far below the islamic empire.

put it this way - the indian empire lost to all the other major empires around - how can that be a super power when its always getting its *** whupped?

unified - dont be ridiculous, this has never happened - even the british could not do that

Man you are one confused nut :no:

Don't you people realize that pakistanis have the same blood as Indians, Nepalis, Sri Lankans, bangladeshis and other desis, more or less?

It was only until the 12th century onwards where muslim invaders from turkey, persia etc came into India.

Everything before the muslim conquest is a myth right :rolleyes:

Don't you people realize that pakistanis have the same blood as Indians, Nepalis, Sri Lankans, bangladeshis and other desis, more or less?

dont say silly things, other than punjab we are different races

Aftermath:

Portugal suspended all ties with india soon after the war.

For China It was India's 'forward policy', they thought India may treat China same way and thus declared war a few months ahead

I have a question.... are sikhs allowed to fly jets? i mean wouldnt the turbans create problem?

हिन्दूस्तानी;1271368 said:
It funny how switching your nationality can also change your bloodline :rolleyes:

Id be damned if hes a marathi with a Pakistani nationality:rofl:.... other then punjab i wonder wat bloodline ur talkin abt?

हिन्दूस्तानी;1271368 said:
It funny how switching your nationality can also change your bloodline :rolleyes:

so we were one big happy family before who all had the same genes :rofl:

to put it in a way you might understand - do north and south indians mix with one another - why?

its not for no reason - and a lot of pakistani;s are even more distinct from n.indians - you need to think we are the same to make yourself feel better - lets stand next to each other and see how similar blood we have:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom