What's new

1961 Indo-Portuguese War

Not really the world, but European nations and Americas.

Asia in general was in a complete decline.

With the significant exception of the Japanese. Man those people always impress me. They realised the importance of industrialisation and were the first Asian country to defeat a European nation in modern times (Russo Japanese War).

As for Global power, it is pointless to try and state whether India was or was not a global superpower because the concept of global superpower is something recent. Literally speaking one could qualify as a global power if ones powers extended over several continents meaning e.g. that Netherlands would be a global superpower in the 1800s. "Indian" kingdoms of those times however were pitiful. Maratha's may have been on the rise but in no way were they in the position to extend their power outside South Asia. However this theory doesnt take into account what percentage a kingdom has in terms of global GDP and population, thus there is no point in arguing whether the Indian kingdoms were superpowers or not.

you must be smoking some good stuff - how on earth was the roman empire not global - but the indian empire was.
so the indian empire was greater than the roman empire - and the roman empire had no military strength?

Bro, the Roman empire isnt global. Roman empire never affected the Native Americans, Australians, Large parts of Africa, etc. Nothing back then was truly global, until maybe the colonizations of the Americas, Africa, Asia, etc by the Europeans like the British empire, French empire, etc.

Mauryan empire was about the same size as the Roman and Greek empire, but much more wealthier. Just because Europeans or Americans and dont air movies, broadcast empires like the Ming, Mauryan etc on history channel doesn't mean it wasn't important. It was militarily, economically, and geographically a powerhouse of its time.

Mauryan_empire_trade_en.jpg

Maurya_Dynasty_in_265_BCE.jpg

indo-portuguese war?

lol bs. more like indian invasion of goa

Just like the pakistani invasion of Kashmir in '47, and how your so called "ancestors" came into India destroying priceless buildings, artifacts, razing masjids on top of temples, looting, murdering, rape, forced conversion etc.. right? :tdown:

Just like the pakistani invasion of Kashmir in '47, and how your so called "ancestors" came into India destroying priceless buildings, artifacts, razing masjids on top of temples, looting, murdering, rape, forced conversion etc.. right? :tdown:

lmao.

Is that how you talk to Indian Muslims too?

so-called ancestors? Called that by who?

I don't see how you can compare an actual invasion with a 'come-in and fight' scenario.

lolwutq.jpg

lmao.

Is that how you talk to Indian Muslims too?

so-called ancestors? Called that by who?

I don't see how you can compare an actual invasion with a 'come-in and fight' scenario.

lolwutq.jpg

Have you even cared to read the actual article? Or even to look on a map where Portugal and India lie? It would have been simply impossible for Portugal to supply Goa with any military equipment.

"On 27 February 1950 the Government of the India asked the Portuguese government to open negotiations about the future of Portuguese colonies in India. Portugal asserted that its territory in India was not a colony but part of metropolitan Portugal and hence its transfer was non-negotiable; and that the India had no rights to this territory since the Republic of India did not exist at the time when Goa came under Portuguese rule."

Imperial rule was over dude.. :whistle:

And by the way I wasn't insulting you about the invasion of mughals, arabs, & turks, I was just stating facts

With the significant exception of the Japanese. Man those people always impress me. They realised the importance of industrialisation and were the first Asian country to defeat a European nation in modern times (Russo Japanese War).

As for Global power, it is pointless to try and state whether India was or was not a global superpower because the concept of global superpower is something recent. Literally speaking one could qualify as a global power if ones powers extended over several continents meaning e.g. that Netherlands would be a global superpower in the 1800s. "Indian" kingdoms of those times however were pitiful. Maratha's may have been on the rise but in no way were they in the position to extend their power outside South Asia. However this theory doesnt take into account what percentage a kingdom has in terms of global GDP and population, thus there is no point in arguing whether the Indian kingdoms were superpowers or not.

YouTube - Hans Rosling: Asia's rise -- how and when

Ya, here is a nice video. Some info about Japan, China, India, etc.

I agree with you, when the Mughal empire collapsed under the weight, and the kingdoms/empires that replaced it, wasn't at all world powers. They were to busy fighting each other and taking territory.

India should definately be declared a Global Power because:

(01) 340+ million people living below the poverty line
(02) It took Goa because 8 Portugese Planes were very difficult to defeat

India Global Power....Ohhhhhhhh I am scared now..

India should definately be declared a Global Power because:

(01) 340+ million people living below the poverty line
(02) It took Goa because 8 Portugese Planes were very difficult to defeat

India Global Power....Ohhhhhhhh I am scared now..

You are always late in getting scared dude... U should Have been scared When the World Speaks of India an Emerging Superpower, You must have been scared when BBC listed Pakistan in the top 10 failed nations list, you should have been scared when We Liberated Bangladesh from The Clutches of Evil and You should Have been scared when Your Country has been declared as an abode of Terrorism.... But to our Surprise you are getting scared when you hear a News Which Is Not as obvious as You think it to be:lol:

I did not mean to set you on fire, but please do use the fire extinguisher to save yourself.:taz::chilli:

I smell smoke, someone is burning:flame:

I did not mean to set you on fire, but please do use the fire extinguisher to save yourself.:taz::chilli:

Look back Dude Its your own a$$ that's on fire .... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

PS : Stop trolling. Mind your own damn business.

I Dint mean to hurt you either.... Just tried to Extinguish you anger and Over Anxiety

Back
Top Bottom