What's new

1st Indian lesbian marriage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok you mean a Hindu priest can pefrom marriage rituals for lesbian and gays according to Hindu holy texts. ok cleared

According to texts yes, according to the present day society? No. :omghaha: Ever heard of court marriages, that's the one that LGBT couples aim for.

well thanks for such a reply onli a learned person can talk like that i have many respects for you sir but the point is gay sex/merrige is unethikal and against the lwas of nature and it should be condemmed and opposed in all strongest forms even death penalty to them is not bad

rahi baat legalised prostitution ki to sex is a natural thing for ani human just like sleed , food , water or air so if some person is alone/ unmarried and wants his daily dose i think prostitution should be allowed but in a way that it dosent offends the fabrick of society i think there should be a red light area owtside the limits of every town so people dont indulge in crimes related to sex within the city limits ....im sorry admin/ mods about my blunt remarks please forgive me Thanks

You should read manusmriti for example, it is unethical in very select circumstances. Besides trust me you're lucky you were born now, back two thousand years ago and there would be plenty of sex and also plenty of creative punishments if you tried to make a move on an intoxicated lady for example. :laughcry:

According to texts yes, according to the present day society? No. :omghaha: Ever heard of court marriages, that's the one that LGBT couples aim for.

If Hindusim clears gay/ lesbian marriages then why present day society doesnt? this should make it easy for Indian Govt to legalise such marriages

You should manusmriti, it is unethical in very select circumstances. Besides trust me you're lucky you were born now, back two thousand years ago and there would be plenty of sex and also plenty of creative punishments if you tried to make a move on an intoxicated lady for example. :laughcry:

baki sab to theek hai but who told you about that intoxicated lady thing :pissed:

I don't know about other straight guys, but I get pretty challenged with lesbians. It calls out to my manhood (translation: meri mardangi ko lalkarta hai).

If Hindusim clears gay/ lesbian marriages then why present day society doesnt? this should make it easy for Indian Govt to legalise such marriages

Because our society doesn't decide everything on the basis of what their religion allows and does not allow. AND our courts don't particularly care what a religion allows IF it contravenes a person's rights. For example we have marriage laws based on sharia for Muslims BUT if a lady insists that she wants to be tried under the common law of the land then the court will do so and render any previous judgement rendered under the Muslim personal code null and void. This doesn't apply to the rest of demographic since there are no special codes for them but rather one common law.

ok show me the text where gay merrige is allowed in hindu text or religeon there is non gay merrige or sex is /was such a tabboo in ancient world that nothing was written about it even in khajuraho these are discriptions against animal sex but there is no mention about gya sex as gay sex tio my knowledge was punishable by death since earliest ages

Koovagam Festival of Tamil Nadu (India) Celebrates Gay Wedding | India First-Hand

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kals555/8677622460/in/photostream/

Madam our constitution is not based on Religion.Court marriage is not mentioned in any Hindu religious books but we have accepted it. And for your information just like Birth and Death certificates. Registering marriages are also rule now a days.

Because our society doesn't decide everything on the basis of what their religion allows and does not allow. AND our courts don't particularly care what a religion allows IF it contravenes a person's rights. For example we have marriage laws based on sharia for Muslims BUT if a lady insists that she wants to be tried under the common law of the land then the court will do so and render any previous judgement rendered under the Muslim personal code null and void. This doesn't apply to the rest of demographic since there are no special codes for them but rather one common law.

in other words hinduism is easy on gay/lesbian marriages and Indian society is narrow minded over the same?

Madam our constitution is not based on Religion.Court marriage is not mentioned in any Hindu religious books but we have accepted it. And for your information just like Birth and Death certificates. Registering marriages are also rule now a days.

Court marriages are normal marriages between a male and female.

If your religion permits gay/lesbian marriages then will it be easy for Indian govt to legalize it? someone said that so far GOI dint say so.

Marriages are registered indeed nothing new.

What will be legal implications of lesbian/gay marriages?

in other words hinduism is easy on gay/lesbian marriages and Indian society is narrow minded over the same?

Court marriages are normal marriages between a male and female.

If your religion permits gay/lesbian marriages then will it be easy for Indian govt to legalize it? someone said that so far GOI dint say so.

Marriages are registered indeed nothing new.

What will be legal implications of lesbian/gay marriages?

That's the whole point of LGBT legislature, to have court marriages for same sex couples.:hitwall:

How difficult is that to understand? Even in another thread on a certain judgement by an Indian court you had confused the whole issue! Jurisprudence has NOTHING to do with what religion allows or disallows UNLESS it is dealing with a specific religious matter. Marriage is a legal contract not a religious affair in the eyes of the law.

There won't be any implication beyond same sex couples being able to get legally married. How is this difficult to comprehend?

Hinduism has no stand on gays or lesbians, nor any stand on sex at all. Hinduism does not peak into anyone's bedroom BUT social norms which are not part of the religion are another matter. So technically a purohit can indeed ordain such a marriage.

AGAIN Prostitution and homosexuality are two DIFFERENT issues, if you cannot intellectually differentiate between the two then any further elucidation on concerned legislation will be an exercise in futility.

What crap is this??:hitwall: Obviously Hinduism does not have a stand on lesbian "marriages" because they are not marriages at all either as per Hindu tradition or the Hindu Marriage Act. In fact, marriage is so universally understood to be a union of a man and woman that there was no need to even define "marriage", "wife" and "husband" in the act. Lesbian "marriages" are a monstrosity which have no sanction in any religion.

but that is not gay merrige

Aravan (also known as Rajakumaran) is the son of Arjuna. According to the Mahabharata, the Pandavas decide to sacrifice Aravan in order to win the war. But Aravan wants to marry before he is sacrificed. No one wants to marry him and become a widow immediately thereafter. Lord Krishna touched by Aravan’s condition transforms himself into a woman, marries Aravan and spends the night with him

it meant that god himself changed himself to a women and merried a prince for one night as he was going to be sacrificed the other day and this episode symbolizes marrige of a prince to a women who was once a man means its about sex change which menas sex change was possible in ancient india when some womenwanted to becaome a man

According to C. Rajagopalachari's Mahabharata summary, when Shikhandini was still a young woman she discovered the garland of ever-blooming blue lotuses hung on the palace gate. Shikhandini put it around her neck. Actually it was Amba (now Shikhandini) who had hung the garland given to her by Lord Subramanya. When Drupada saw his daughter wearing the garland, he quaked with fear at the thought of becoming Bhishma's enemy and Shikhandini was banished from the kingdom. She performed austerities in the forest and was transformed into a male named Shikhandi. According to Vyasa Mahabharata Shikhandini exchanged her sex with a Yaksha who wanted to be a female. Thus Shikhandini became Shikhandi.

therer is another source which tells that Guru Dronacharya Did the ang mardan/surgical operation on shikandini to make him shikandi

my point is that the link you gave was about sex change and trans gender where does it shows that hinduism permits gay merrige

So chweeeet! Wish the couple lots of love and happiness. Maybe @Guynextdoor2 was the best "man" .....

Sure, for both of them. And you are the best woman in a fa*got marriage- I hear they drill you in every possible .... enjoy these days f*got, your teen years aren't coming back again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, for both of them. And you are the best woman in a fa*got marriage- I hear they drill you in every possible .... enjoy these days f*got, your teen years aren't coming back again.

I see I got your attention buddhe. Now please scram.

That's the whole point of LGBT legislature, to have court marriages for same sex couples.:hitwall:

How difficult is that to understand? Even in another thread on a certain judgement by an Indian court you had confused the whole issue! Jurisprudence has NOTHING to do with what religion allows or disallows UNLESS it is dealing with a specific religious matter. Marriage is a legal contract not a religious affair in the eyes of the law.

There won't be any implication beyond same sex couples being able to get legally married. How is this difficult to comprehend?

why there wont be legal implications? i mean in case of divorce? maintainence, proprty, etce etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom