What's new

27 Tamils arrested for trying to burn the Indian national flag

I don't know where you managed to obtain the views of "Bhartis" from, but let me tell you that even though most Indians are well aware of the plight of Sri Lankan Tamils, they do not support terrorists like the LTTE.

I refer you to Sambha's post above. It is certainly a reflection of the 'Indian Street'.

Tamil Elam is not a movement by 'fringe groups', it's a people's movement. The Tamils wants equal rights in Sri Lanka and they the honorable in my eyes for fighting for it.

Hizbul Mujahideen is not a movement by fringe groups, it is a people's movement. The Kashmiri's want self determination in Kashmir and they are honourable in my eyes for fighting for it.

I refer you to Sambha's post above. It is certainly a reflection of the 'Indian Street'.

Yes, you've certainly managed to nail the views of the Indian public by reading one guy's post.

Even Tamil Nadu - land of the Tamils - has not seen any major pro-LTTE protests. Lets forget about the rest of India.

Hizbul Mujahideen is not a movement by fringe groups, it is a people's movement. The Kashmiri's want self determination in Kashmir and they are honourable in my eyes for fighting for it.

Where are those thousands of civilian Kashmiri camps being bombed by the Indian army???

Why Hizbul Mujaheedin has all it's camps in Pakistan??
Hizbul is a group of few dozen brainwashed idiots...LTTE is a group of hundreds of thousands of Tamils. In a single skirmish they kill or lose people eqating to 100X of total Hizbul strength.

Hizbul Mujaheedin when placed under an electron microscope zoomed 10000 times may look like something similar to LTTE.

LTTE is in Sri Lanka and by the Sri Lankan Tamils for their Tamil Elam.

Twenty-seven people, owing allegiance to two little known pro-Sri Lankan Tamils outfits, from Chennai, Coimbatore and Erode were arrested for attempting to burn the national flags of India and Sri Lanka.

Good!!! Burning national flag of India is a crime. They had other means to protest, they should have taken that route.

Yes, you've certainly managed to nail the views of the Indian public by reading one guy's post.

Even Tamil Nadu - land of the Tamils - has not seen any major pro-LTTE protests. Lets forget about the rest of India.

Oh, so all the supporters have to do is not protest, and they won't be detected by your 'terrorist supporter radar system'. Great!

Oh, so all the supporters have to do is not protest, and they will be able to escape your terrorist supporting radar system. Great!

Everyone has the freedom to protest, even in favour of the LTTE.

Major Tamil Nadu politicians have supported the LTTE on television, right in time for voting, but they are not being arrested, are they?

However, burning the Indian flag is a crime. It makes you a criminal if not a terrorist.

Sure, people's movement in Pakistani Punjab and NWFP composed of semi-literate brainwashed youths fighting on behalf of self-serving criminals/jehadis.

Everyone has the freedom to protest, even in favour of the LTTE.

Major Tamil Nadu politicians have supported the LTTE on television, right in time for voting, but they are not being arrested, are they?

However, burning the Indian flag is a crime. It makes you a criminal if not a terrorist.

You've come full circle, and have managed to contradict yourself within the space of a few posts.

So tell me, are some Bharatiyas supporting the terrorist LTTE or not?

From the description of the PBS Documentary (you provided) :

The conflict has its roots in the mistreatment of the minority Tamil ethnic group, who are mostly Hindu, by the majority Sinhalese, who are mainly Buddhist. When the Buddhist Sinhalese-dominated government did not meet Tamil civil rights demands, Tamil grievances festered. The Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), otherwise known as the Tamil Tigers, emerged on the scene in the 1970s

Do I need to see it??

And how is it imperialism??

You've come full circle, and have managed to contradict yourself within the space of a few posts.

So tell me, are some Bharatiyas supporting the terrorist LTTE or not?

Most aren't, as I have already told you. Even in Tamil Nadu, as I have again already told you, there has been not a single mass-protest in favour of the LTTE.

Though obviously due to ethnic ties, there is considerable anger and resentment against the Sri Lankan government for the suffering of Tamil civilians, and for the racist treatment meted out to them for the last half a century.

Tamil Elam is not a movement by 'fringe groups', it's a people's movement. The Tamils wants equal rights in Sri Lanka and they the honorable in my eyes for fighting for it.

Same rights and support should be extended to Assam, Nagaland, Tripura, Kashmir and elsewhere.

Here come more indian twist--wait for it!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom