What's new

72 per cent Americans view India favourably: Poll

I don't understand.

So basically US citizens don't consider India as superpower rival?

I don't know if this is a good news at all...

Well one thing is for sure: it's not news. India is Pakistan's rival, not China's or USA's, and this has been the simply reality all along.

Mate, after living in US I have seen, that there is a misconception in the American definition of Asian. Most kids (Americans) in my college, thought that Middle East is a continent, this mistake is generally due to the news agencies in US and because of the War on terror. On news they will never say Asia rather the middle east, which confuses a lot of people. Secondly, some people here have this image of a East Asian person as being what all Asians look like. While if you show them a pic of someone from India or Pakistan of that matter, they will say that the person is middle eastern and not Asian. It is mainly because of misinformation, and the way things are presented to people here in US that makes this thing very confusing.

Actually Indian and South Asian are not categorized as Asian (Mongoloid East Asian) in US term.

It's an effort of Indian American lobby to include South Asian to be categorized as Asian (Mongoloid East Asian), so here today.

Originally South Asian to be planned as Middle Eastern group. As we can see Middle Eastern people look similar to Indian.

Last edited:
Of course not, don't worry.
No, there is nothing to be taken offensively....it would be in India's best political interest to counter China with the US's help, it's that simple. It's all politics at the end of the day be it in India or Pakistan. Everyone is just looking out for his back and may the best players win.
Actually Indian and South Asian are not categorized as Asian (Mongoloid East Asian) in US term.

It's an effort of Indian American lobby to include South Asian to be categorized as Asian (Mongoloid East Asian), so here today.

Originally South Asian to be planned as Middle Eastern group. As we can see Middle Eastern people look similar to Indian.

Kolaps, I'm just curious. What do Taiwanese people generally feel about India and Pakistan?

Kolaps, I'm just curious. What do Taiwanese people generally feel about India and Pakistan?

Just to detract, Zimbabweans believe that Indians and Pakistanis dress funny, eat funny and are a bunch of natural born traders who generally are out to rip the customer off. Not that India or Pakistan gives a hoot. Likewise, I am certain that neither India nor Pakistan gives a hoot what the Taiwanese people generally feel about them

There is much stronger anti-U.S. sentiment in both the Indian government and the Indian populace than most Americans would ever realize. The U.S. might well be better off with Pakistan as an ally, far more so, indeed. Now that Russia has long since abandoned them, what other choice do the Indians have but to turn to the West for aid?

Delusional.

I think South Asian here want a good impression about their country, isn't?

Buddhism came from India.

:pakistan:

Just to detract, Zimbabweans believe that Indians and Pakistanis dress funny, eat funny and are a bunch of natural born traders who generally are out to rip the customer off. Not that India or Pakistan gives a hoot. Likewise, I am certain that neither India nor Pakistan gives a hoot what the Taiwanese people generally feel about them

oh...

I think South Asian here want a good impression about their country, isn't?

Buddhism came from India.

:pakistan:

I don't understand you, what is that supposed to mean? And the Buddha was born in Nepal.

And, if you are from Taiwan, do you support the KMT?

Last edited:

Originally South Asian to be planned as Middle Eastern group
. As we can see Middle Eastern people look similar to Indian.

Middle Easterners are considered white by the American census.

I don't understand you, what is that supposed to mean? And the Buddha was born in Nepal.

And, if you are from Taiwan, do you support the KMT?

It's hard to say, whatever Buddha from and for India or not, if you want to talk deeper about it. But most people believed that way.

It's hard to say whatever I support KMT or not.

Siddharth Came from Nepal . Gautam Buddha from India ( He attained Enlightenment in India in Bodh gaya ) .

Bodh Gaya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just want to say, it's hard to say whatever Buddha is from and for India, unless you understand the teaching of Buddhism, Gautam Buddha's previous life as Bodhisattva and the spread of Buddhism. I think it's has been calculated carefully.

Are you a Buddhist?

I just want to say, it's hard to say whatever Buddha is from and for India, unless you understand the teaching of Buddhism, Gautam Buddha's previous life as Bodhisattva and the spread of Buddhism. I think it's has been calculated carefully.

Are you a Buddhist?

No holy person is for a country . He was born in Lumbini Nepal and attained enlightenment under the holy bodhi tree in Bodh gaya , bihar , India . I did not understand your "calculated carefully" statement .

I am an agnostic .

No holy person is for a country . He was born in Lumbini Nepal and attained enlightenment under the holy bodhi tree in Bodh gaya , bihar , India . I did not understand your "calculated carefully" statement .

I am an agnostic .

I agree if holy person is not for a country, but for all humanity and living beings.

If you understand about the effort of holy persons and Bodhisattvas to convince, to safe the "stubborn" and the heavily "material addicted" living beings, you will understand they will not go straight and tell them, but instead they must understand the psychologies of the living beings they targeted to safe first and find a way to convince them. Just like targeting specific audience in modern marketing.

It's hard to say whatever Buddha is from and for India, because India today is not a Buddhist country, Buddhism in India was short life and Buddha know it since the first beginning. The future and up to the end of Buddhism is not in India.

Back
Top Bottom