What's new

7500 Bangladeshis arrested in Delhi

New Recruit

Reaction score
The Delhi Police arrested and deported more than 7,500 Bangladeshi people illegally staying in Delhi over last five years, data collected from various districts across the national capital as reply to an RTI query has revealed. The figure of 7,882 Bangladeshi persons arrested does not include those from South District, South-West District, North-West District,
th-East District and New Delhi District, as these units have not provided the requisite information, claimed Gopal Prasad, who had filed the application under Right to Information (RTI) Act.

The figures assume importance when seen in context of the fact that the number of such illegal Bangladeshi migrants is two per cent of India’s population, according to a data compiled by the Home Ministry on the basis of figures given by various state governments in 2009.

In Delhi, over last five years, a maximum of 4,310 such persons were arrested from East District followed by North District (1,768), the RTI replies show.

The West District arrested and deported 880 Bangladeshis staying illegally while for the Central district, the figure stands at 808 persons.

The other arrested people are from South East district (31), Outer District (77) and Crime Branch (8).

Interestingly, even when the police headquarters (where the RTI was filed in the first place) sent out its copies to all the district units, the replies were filed in different formats.

For instance, only the Central district provided male-female break up (534 males-273 females) while others gave only total numbers.

Only the Central district (combined) and North district’s Bangladeshi Cell bothered to mention ‘arrested and deported’ while rest others only gave away numbers in tabular format.

However, the RTI applicant is most disappointed with not receiving answers from all the districts. According to RTI Act, the applicant is to be given the desired information within 30 days of the receipt of the application.

“I filed my application in May this year. But the five districts – South District, South-West District, North-West District, North-East District and New Delhi District – have still not bothered to provide me the relevant information. Even from the date when the headquarters transferred my RTI to all districts, it is more than a month,” said Gopal Prasad, who claims to regularly use RTI method to exposed fissures in the system.

7,500 Bangladeshis deported from Delhi in 5 yrs: RTI - Hindustan Times

The Delhi Police arrested and deported more than 7,500 Bangladeshi people illegally staying in Delhi over last five years, data collected from various districts across the national capital as reply to an RTI query has revealed. The figure of 7,882 Bangladeshi persons arrested does not include those from South District, South-West District, North-West District,
th-East District and New Delhi District, as these units have not provided the requisite information, claimed Gopal Prasad, who had filed the application under Right to Information (RTI) Act.

The figures assume importance when seen in context of the fact that the number of such illegal Bangladeshi migrants is two per cent of India’s population, according to a data compiled by the Home Ministry on the basis of figures given by various state governments in 2009.

In Delhi, over last five years, a maximum of 4,310 such persons were arrested from East District followed by North District (1,768), the RTI replies show.

The West District arrested and deported 880 Bangladeshis staying illegally while for the Central district, the figure stands at 808 persons.

The other arrested people are from South East district (31), Outer District (77) and Crime Branch (8).

Interestingly, even when the police headquarters (where the RTI was filed in the first place) sent out its copies to all the district units, the replies were filed in different formats.

For instance, only the Central district provided male-female break up (534 males-273 females) while others gave only total numbers.

Only the Central district (combined) and North district’s Bangladeshi Cell bothered to mention ‘arrested and deported’ while rest others only gave away numbers in tabular format.

However, the RTI applicant is most disappointed with not receiving answers from all the districts. According to RTI Act, the applicant is to be given the desired information within 30 days of the receipt of the application.

“I filed my application in May this year. But the five districts – South District, South-West District, North-West District, North-East District and New Delhi District – have still not bothered to provide me the relevant information. Even from the date when the headquarters transferred my RTI to all districts, it is more than a month,” said Gopal Prasad, who claims to regularly use RTI method to exposed fissures in the system.

7,500 Bangladeshis deported from Delhi in 5 yrs: RTI - Hindustan Times

please send these Illegal Bangladeshi's ( after making sure ) back to their nation. We are already over populated.

India should make some kind of Immigration policy to legalize all these Immigrants staying in India. If they are staying say for more then 5 years i believe they should get the right to stay in India for permanent basis.

India should make some kind of Immigration policy to legalize all these Immigrants staying in India. If they are staying say for more then 5 years i believe they should get the right to stay in India for permanent basis.

no need for laws................its very cheap to have Voter ID card in India

We already have enough people in our country do not need immigrants.

What is the exact number or approximate and the ones arrested are during last five years right ??

We already have enough people in our country do not need immigrants.

Stopping immigrants from other countries would only harm international ties and our image.
There are many students from Africa,south america who come here to study.
Therefore, making specific laws for a section of immigrants would be biased.

Stopping immigrants from other countries would only harm international ties and our image.
There are many students from Africa,south america who come here to study.
Therefore, making specific laws for a section of immigrants would be biased.

Im talking about the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS only not the ones who come to India the legal way.:cheers:

We will be sending them to Israel.

Please increase your borders ASAP.

We are waiting:D

?????????????????????????????

I was just saying every country has such laws. I think now as India is growing and attracting foreigners to work and stay, they should start making such laws from now.

So that it might reach to final stage say in coming 10 to 15 years. And India will not be left behind on humanitarian basis. If India want to become super power it should start acting like one on every front.

We are very happy to invite high valued individuals like scientists and artists even from pakistan, but these illegal bangladeshis are fence jumpers and they are burden on taxpayers money and some of them involve in anti national activities.

Back
Top Bottom