What's new

A communist turned to capitalist and created one of the largest IT company!

ChennaiSKing

Reaction score
Start-up Stories: NR Narayana Murthy, Infosys

He launched Infosys in 1981 with six other colleagues on a mere $250 dollars borrowed from his wife, and today the total company asset is US$ 7.53 billion (2012)

This tiny sum only kept the company going for a short time, but Mr Murthy says there was one simple way to remain profitable from the start: "you spent less than what you earned, that's all".

BBC News - Start-up Stories: NR Narayana Murthy, Infosys

Last edited by a moderator:
Bet he is embarrassed by that part of his past...:lol:

Looks like being a commie taught him the importance of economics 101!
Actually, commies can be very educated in Economics. But the issue is what kind of economy do you want.

In a communist economy, everyone is relatively the same. There is no 'rich' or 'poor'. Everyone works where the state assigned you to work. And because there is no incentives and rewards, no one really go out of his way to do more than what was required of him.

Here is what Marx wants for humanity...

Critique of the Gotha Programme-- I
From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs!
What a person is capable of doing is not the same as what he is WILLING to do. So if there are no incentives and rewards, why should anyone wants to do any more than what is required of him/her?

For a hardcore communist, this is a perfectly acceptable compromise. Everyone is the same in terms of materialism and if you are dissatisfied with what you have, the problem is with YOU, not with the system. You lack 'revolutionary' passion and must be 'reeducated'.

I could be wrong but am willing to bet that Narayana Murthy established the interview's conditions that he not be questioned about his experiment into Marxism. :lol:

Actually, commies can be very educated in Economics. But the issue is what kind of economy do you want.

In a communist economy, everyone is relatively the same. There is no 'rich' or 'poor'. Everyone works where the state assigned you to work. And because there is no incentives and rewards, no one really go out of his way to do more than what was required of him.

Here is what Marx wants for humanity...

Critique of the Gotha Programme-- I

What a person is capable of doing is not the same as what he is WILLING to do. So if there are no incentives and rewards, why should anyone wants to do any more than what is required of him/her?

For a hardcore communist, this is a perfectly acceptable compromise. Everyone is the same in terms of materialism and if you are dissatisfied with what you have, the problem is with YOU, not with the system. You lack 'revolutionary' passion and must be 'reeducated'.

I could be wrong but am willing to bet that Narayana Murthy established the interview's conditions that he not be questioned about his experiment into Marxism. :lol:

The Marxist Commie Economics signatures are all over InfoSys anyway. They are not one of the best pay masters, have a reputation for H1-B fraud and herding cheap labour into concentration camp like conditions.

The Marxist Commie Economics signatures are all over InfoSys anyway. They are not one of the best pay masters, have a reputation for H1-B fraud and herding cheap labour into concentration camp like conditions.

sour grapes... well I can understand your frustration when you see your country men are blowing each day for hoping to get 72 virgins in heaven and for you Infoys will look like concentration camp only!!!

Interns from foreign university each year come to work in hundreds to Infosys and you call that company concentration camp?? if Infosys is concentration camp then don't know what word you are going to use for the companies in Pakistan...

Last year my brother's daughter got campus placement in Infosys, and was staying in this below campus for six month training period, and she said the training was tough in terms of quality and competition, but they provided one of the best in-house house facility for the trainees...

Located in the 337-acre Infosys Mysore campus, the total capacity of the center has been enhanced to educate 14,000 (GEC I - 4,500 and GEC II - 9,500) Infoscions. Infosys' total investment in the Mysore center is Rs. 2,055 crore of which Rs. 350 crore has been invested in construction of Software Development Blocks and related services, and Rs.1,705 crore has been invested in education and training-related infrastructure.

Dont agree on this. Infosys employees work in sprawling, hi tech campuses like google

sour grapes... well I can understand your frustration when you see your country men are blowing each day for hoping to get 72 virgins in heaven and for you Infoys will look like concentration camp only!!!

Interns from foreign university each year come to work in hundreds to Infosys and you call that company concentration camp?? if Infosys is concentration camp then don't know what word you are going to use for the companies in Pakistan...

Last year my brother's daughter got campus placement in Infosys, and was staying in this below campus for six month training period, and she said the training was tough in terms of quality and competition, but they provided one of the best in-house house facility for the trainees...

Located in the 337-acre Infosys Mysore campus, the total capacity of the center has been enhanced to educate 14,000 (GEC I - 4,500 and GEC II - 9,500) Infoscions. Infosys' total investment in the Mysore center is Rs. 2,055 crore of which Rs. 350 crore has been invested in construction of Software Development Blocks and related services, and Rs.1,705 crore has been invested in education and training-related infrastructure.

I appreciate your video, but your stupid.

Can you quote me where in the Qur'an it says go kill yourself so you can get 72 virgins? You know what forget that. Show me where it says 72 virgins. Dumba$$.

Infosys has pretty poor compensation for its workers. Salaries in the US are pathetic compared with similar job requirements by competitors. Most employees use Infosys as a way to develop their skills and move on to other better paying companies. The higher up you are the better your pay, obviously.

Some friend worked with them, do you want their contact info so you can make sure?

Thəorətic Muslim;4027595 said:
I appreciate your video, but your stupid.

Can you quote me where in the Qur'an it says go kill yourself so you can get 72 virgins? You know what forget that. Show me where it says 72 virgins. Dumba$$.

Infosys has pretty poor compensation for its workers. Salaries in the US are pathetic compared with similar job requirements by competitors. Most employees use Infosys as a way to develop their skills and move on to other better paying companies. The higher up you are the better your pay, obviously.

Some friend worked with them, do you want their contact info so you can make sure?

Well I may be wrong, but I came to know about the 72 virgins in heaven after watching many videos in which the Islamic Scholars talk in depth about heaven and 72 virgins, and I am not criticizing are refuting it - because it's their belief...

I was forced to respond in that way because when somebozo wrote some thing irrelevant and compared the Infosys working condition as "concentration camp like conditions." - I have relatives working for Insfosys and no one have said any thing like that, and more over if you have the salary detail of Infosys and some equal size US company - then please post it and let us see how pathetic it is...empty talks any one can make!!!

Top five Place in Infosys Bangalore

Watch see some interesting spots such as pyramid, pool side, golf course etc., at Infosys Bangalore campus

Well I may be wrong, but I came to know about the 72 virgins in heaven after watching many videos in which the Islamic Scholars talk in depth about heaven and 72 virgins, and I am not criticizing are refuting it - because it's their belief...

I was forced to respond in that way because when somebozo wrote some thing irrelevant and compared the Infosys working condition as "concentration camp like conditions." - I have relatives working for Insfosys and no one have said any thing like that, and more over if you have the salary detail of Infosys and some equal size US company - then please post it and let us see how pathetic it is...empty talks any one can make!!!

You sir are definitely wrong about the 72 virgins, The Qur'an says 72 grapes. You shouldnt believe stupid things like this. If it sounds stupid it is.

All Religion(s) now a days have been greatly influenced by culture and traditions outside of the religion.
Islam is a perfect example. No where does it say women are not allowed to an education. Or can be treated as second class citizens. Anywhere.

The amount of respect the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) had for his first wife made his Aisha (Peace be upon her) jealous.
If you wanted to know the meaning of half the Qur'an you asked Aisha (Peace be upon her).
etc.

Back in the day, only families that were well off had their female members solely in the house.

Onsite salary for tcs/wipro/infosys : Career Discussions : PaGaLGuY Forums
https://careers.infosys.com/careerplus/aspx/LCAPostings.htm
Infosys Salary in USA | Infosys Salary | Bayt.com
Infosys Salaries, Average Salary & Jobs Pay

You can compare with other competitors. Its obvious that Infosys can not compare with the like of Microsoft or Google etc. So it will be worth while to compare with companies of similar caliber and niche.

Back
Top Bottom