What's new

Aamir Khan’s Dangal becomes second most viewed film in China

Laozi

Reaction score
Country
India
Aamir Khan’s Dangal becomes second most viewed film in China, despite not being screened by country’s biggest operator

Dangal: In a major upset for makers and fans of Aamir Khan film, China's biggest cinema operator Wanda cinemas has decided not to show Dangal in most of its theatres.

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Updated: May 5, 2017 9:44 pm

dangal-7594.jpg

Why Aamir Khan’s Dangal is facing boycott from China’s biggest cinema operator?

Aamir Khan’s film Dangal has got the widest release in China even after facing what fans in China termed a ban by Wanda, China’s biggest operator which has about 1657 screens spread across the country. Reportedly, with business worth Rs.14.65 crore it became the second most viewed film in China today. The film opened today on around 9000 screens. ”

“Dangal will release in China in 9,000 screens, which is the widest ever release for an Indian film in any territory,” Amrita Pandey, Vice President, Studios, Disney India and movie’s co-producer told IANS. “We are very excited to release Dangal in China. The film is very special and with a story which has the potential to travel the world and transcend geographies,” Pandey added. Dangal has been released as Shuai Jiao Baba which means Let’s Wrestle, Dad.

Wanda, the operator that has refused to screen Dangal is expected to touch 3000 screens this year. The article by Fei Xiaochou also said that Wanda will release Dangal on a mere 37 screens. Dangal will also have only three shows in Beijing. The reason behind this curious move is not clear yet. India Today report also speculated that the move could be due to China’s bias towards Indian movies or it can also be due to the rivalry with Huayi, a company involved in Dangal’s marketing.

Meanwhile, Chinese fans aren’t too happy with how Wanda has treated Aamir Khan’s film, and their sudden decision and several expressed their dismay on Wanda Cinema’s website. “There are no screenings in Taian [Shandong] because of Wanda. How can Wanda develop such a small mind?” wrote a fan on Weibo, China’s social media platform.

http://indianexpress.com/article/en...ut-why-chinese-fans-are-disappointed-4641686/

Good to ban , 99% fake stories nothing real in movies

Dangerous to Chinese culture

Many Pakistani scholars have already identified this indain fake culture in movies and drama as making people confused about various thing associated to society

Last edited:
this look like fake news to me. never heard of this movie. highest grossing films in china are The Mermaid 1st, then The Fate of the Furious 2nd, Monster Hunt 3rd, Furious 7 4th, Transformers: Age of Extinction 5h....................

Good to ban , 99% fake stories nothing real in movies

Dangerous to Chinese culture

Many Pakistani scholars have already identified this indain fake culture in movies and drama as making people confused about various thing associated to society
Its a movie man, calm down!

How the hell China have bollywood fans?

Indians also think if they put their movies on Netflix people will click and watch it , I have never even clicked the preview button , I see indian actors , close move to next Hollywood movie

Thinking of writing an email to Netflix and complain to remove all the Indian movies from my netflix account , or at least let me delete these out so I don't have to scroll too much.

Don't have time to watch fictional stuff

I mean really who dances in the middle of streets and market place ?

If I wanted to do cardio I get on a tredmill not dance around streets , and put a playback singer to lipsing to

Indians also think if they put their movies on Netflix people will click and watch it , I have never even clicked the preview button , I see indian actors , close move to next Hollywood movie
Netflix is a private company and it puts Indian movies on because they get viewed by paying customers. Its not Indian propaganda brother.

I'm not being bias, only telling you the "Truth" that there is ONLY ONE Indian product that i've ever came across in my whole life which is called "INDIAN GOD'S OIL" while i was still a little kid in HK, let alone any Indian movies or episodes
IOhazF2.jpg

Few bolly movies now appear on netflix. Also some Pakistanis, but these are art movies like Dukhtar etc Never watched one, mostly use it for original netflix stuff.

Back
Top Bottom