What's new

Acts of Terrorism in Pakistan

**** everyone who says "give peace a chance"

pic02ja.jpg
Thats called! Professionals... RIP to Martyrs ... and Well done to security forces..

NOWSHEHRA: Three including SHO injured in suicide attack on check post

i guess we are not letting drone attacks, so americans are funding them to do suicide attacks

Suicide attacks could only be stopped if they ban and bust delusional mullahz who brainwash people to do these kind of things , and also general public awareness plus encouragement of non violent behavior is needed.

3 injured after suicide bomber detonates in Nowshera
By Iftikhar Firdous
Published: January 19, 2012
324055-Image_CH-1326969057-838-640x480.jpg

Three suspected militants also arrested form the area, says police official. PHOTO: EXPRESS
PESHAWAR: Three police officials were injured on Thursday when explosives on a potential suicide bomber went off after the police fired at him.

DPO Nowshera Mohammad Hussain confirmed the incident.

According to police sources, the blast took place while the police was conducting routine checking of vehicles at the check post on main GT Road.

According to a senior official, the bomber was identified as Amjad alias Jannat and was related to Qari Kamran, a top militant killed in the Khyber Agency last month.

The police had received information that a bomber was coming from Rawalpindi.

An unexploded suicide vest was also recovered by the police from the vehicle.

Three suspected militants were also arrested from a ‘flying coach’ in the same area, said a police official.

The GT Road has been blocked for all sorts of traffic and Bomb Disposal Squad has been called on the scene.

For some reason I have a reason to believe that most militant actions are closely resembling each other even from around the world. What attack happened here has an eerie resemblance to the attack we had in Dantewada last year by the Maoists. I think it is because of shortage of weapons on both the militant's sides that causes them to use ambushing tactics to get a hold of weapons from security forces.

Six FC personnel killed in Dera Bugti attack

QUETTA: Gunmen stormed a checkpost before dawn on Thursday, killing six soldiers, snatching their weapons and escaping in Balochistan province, officials said.

Up to a dozen Baloch rebels attacked the paramilitary Frontier Corps (FC) post in the district of Dera Bugti, about 400 kilometres (250 miles) southeast of Quetta, the capital of Balochistan that borders Afghanistan and Iran.

“The attackers came before dawn and opened fire on the soldiers after encircling the checkpost. All six soldiers were killed on the spot,” a senior security official told AFP on condition of anonymity.

Another security official confirmed the attack and said that about a dozen gunmen were involved in the attack.

“They came on motorcycles and took away all the weapons after killing all the six FC men,” he said.

Pakistan uses paramilitary troops in an effort to help maintain law and order in the remote areas of Balochistan.

Both officials blamed Thursday’s attack on Baloch rebels.

Six FC personnel killed in Dera Bugti attack | Provinces | DAWN.COM

re boled underlined sentence it seems its a copy paste from the previous news.

win win situation here for the terrorists.

if the checkpost shoots them from range then they are the "innocent baloch, killed by the Army
if they get close enough pretending to be peaceful civilians and then lob grenades or fire RGPs , they have few dead soldiers and some loot.

IB: Please tell me what exactly are these "checkposts" supposed to do? Their location, layout and modus operandi need to be re-evaluated, it seems to me.

if the checkpost shoots them from range then they are the "innocent baloch, killed by the Army
if they get close enough pretending to be peaceful civilians and then lob grenades or fire RGPs , they have few dead soldiers and some loot.

how can they hide huge weapons like rpgs and assault rifles to pass as peaceful baloch as you say...?

The banned outfit, Baloch Republican Army (BRA) has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Talking to the press from an unspecified location, BRA spokesman Sarbaz Baloch claimed that they had destroyed the check post in Kachhi Canal area of Sui and at least 10 security personnel were killed in the attack.

bra claiming higher numbers...

IB: Please tell me what exactly are these "checkposts" supposed to do? Their location, layout and modus operandi need to be re-evaluated, it seems to me.

Sir I agree with you

they are called forts and check posts for the name sake but they are not the ones that you normally see erected by the US army in iraq and Afghanistan that are well protected and cant be easily overrun and with clear signs saying kill your speed or be killed in very certain terms.

the ones I have seen in such areas are just the sacks of sand bags with no top protection or even the wooden or tin foil cabins. Not all but some are only there for cosmetic purposes and lack the firepower to deter a premeditated and determined attack.

Not all but in many cases our casualties are due to loose SOPs , breaking the skyline, unnecessarily exposing (NO I don’t mean in that sense!!) and going for a pee without due care. Also when a place is quiet for some time it does dull the senses and they lax out and that’s when a keen terrorist scout sees that and calls in an attack. The other issue is the fatigue and the lack of reaction time.

I remember NATO troops commander complaining in Afghanistan about the difficulty in distinguishing an ordinary Afghan and a Taliban and thus a short time to react if that Afghan suddenly pulls out a weapon. In our case we don’t even have that luxury. The “innocent” Baloch Sardars come and go with the armed entourage and if any of the armed tribesmen is asked to give up or even hide the weapons that is seen as an aggression and infringement of their centuries old traditions.

Do you recall the incident where talal Bhugti was caught in the act then he was stopped by the FC in his SUV and was loaded with ammunition that was enough to launch an attack on big base. It included rockets, grenades assault rifles, RGPs and what not. He was returning from Afghanistan and the moment that news broke out we started getting bullied through the web by the pseudo Baloch supporters in India and USA.

So we can only react when that innocent looking tribesman is pointing his weapon to our soldiers. Although I am not aware of this particular incident but there is a possibility that the terrorists struck when the soldiers were not fully alert. It would have started with eliminating the sentry and then lobbing grenades or an RGB fire on the “post” and then finish off the shell shocked and phased soldiers with the small arms. Pick up quickly whatever is useful. Throw some propaganda posters and if time allows some marking on the wall with “free Baloch” or long live Mengal or Bughti or Marri and then leave the place before the relief arrives.

they are called forts and check posts for the name sake but they are not the ones that you normally see erected by the US army in iraq and Afghanistan that are well protected and cant be easily overrun and with clear signs saying kill your speed or be killed in very certain terms.

the ones I have seen in such areas are just the sacks of sand bags with no top protection or even the wooden or tin foil cabins. Not all but some are only there for cosmetic purposes and lack the firepower to deter a premeditated and determined attack.

Not all but in many cases our casualties are due to loose SOPs , breaking the skyline, unnecessarily exposing (NO I don’t mean in that sense!!) and going for a pee without due care. Also when a place is quiet for some time it does dull the senses and they lax out and that’s when a keen terrorist scout sees that and calls in an attack. The other issue is the fatigue and the lack of reaction time.

I remember NATO troops commander complaining in Afghanistan about the difficulty in distinguishing an ordinary Afghan and a Taliban and thus a short time to react if that Afghan suddenly pulls out a weapon. In our case we don’t even have that luxury. The “innocent” Baloch Sardars come and go with the armed entourage and if any of the armed tribesmen is asked to give up or even hide the weapons that is seen as an aggression and infringement of their centuries old traditions.

Do you recall the incident where Zain Bhugti was caught in the act then he was stopped by the FC in his SUV and was loaded with ammunition that was enough to launch an attack on big base. It included rockets, grenades assault rifles, RGPs and what not. He was returning from Afghanistan and the moment that news broke out we started getting bullied through the web by the pseudo Baloch supporters in India and USA.

So we can only react when that innocent looking tribesman is pointing his weapon to our soldiers. Although I am not aware of this particular incident but there is a possibility that the terrorists struck when the soldiers were not fully alert. It would have started with eliminating the sentry and then lobbing grenades or an RGB fire on the “post” and then finish off the shell shocked and phased soldiers with the small arms. Pick up quickly whatever is useful. Throw some propaganda posters and if time allows some marking on the wall with “free Baloch” or long live Mengal or Bughti or Marri and then leave the place before the relief arrives.

now lets see some of these "Forts" and "Checkposts"

chaman-border.jpg

balochistan-attack-543.jpg

Pakistani-Military.jpg

attack-on-check-post-480x238.jpg

the last one does show some form of a post with a speed barrier but doesnt offer much protection against a explosive laden vehicle that might be rammed into the post.
it does however offer protection from sniper fire and shrapnel from a nearby explosion (depending how far the impact is).
But then again its on the road and the attacker wont loose his speed if he has to charge on it.

the last one does show some form of a post with a speed barrier but doesnt offer much protection against a explosive laden vehicle that might be rammed into the post.
it does however offer protection from sniper fire and shrapnel from a nearby explosion (depending how far the impact is).
But then again its on the road and the attacker wont loose his speed if he has to charge on it.

(although it is not related to the subject but I think this picture is worth explaining)
I must point put that is picture is attributed by some websites that are linking it with Kharotabad incident where a group of foreigners were gunned down by the security forces near Quetta checkpost on the mistaken identity with an earlier warning about a group of Chechen suicide bombers on their way to this post. the Afghan war journal is attributing this picture with Pakistani troops in Tribal areas. But there are some similarities which suggests that these soldiers are at the same place. Whether they are posing for the camera or this picture is from actual shooting is not known because this picture doesn’t seem to be taken in a hurray.

Quetta-attack-4-171948-173223-174424-640x480.jpg

I think you got the idea by now

Zain Bughti the shameless being let go after being caught with large weapons cashe. I dont want to blame the USA but he openly called their embassy and was got his out of jail pass afterwords. its our leadership that didnt stand up to the Americans saying cmoe on guys we caught this b@stard with large weapons cashe what does it have to do with Baloch human rights?
Shahzain-AFP1-640x480.jpg

how can they hide huge weapons like rpgs and assault rifles to pass as peaceful baloch as you say...?

the same way papu ge
the same way the terrorists transport weapons in Iraq and Afghanistan

some are caught some dont get caught.
the women wear Hajab adn the men have loose baggy clothes and huge turbans. you might remember Papu jan that one taliban was able to hide bomb in his turban and exploded it in the presence of some Afghan govt officials killing Governor etc. although the place was being protected by the Americans.
do I have to explain also that how and where the drug mules hide the narcotics get past the airport security or you got the idea?

this one got caught last year.

Sir I agree with you

Not all but in many cases our casualties are due to loose SOPs , breaking the skyline, unnecessarily exposing (NO I don’t mean in that sense!!) and going for a pee without due care. Also when a place is quiet for some time it does dull the senses and they lax out and that’s when a keen terrorist scout sees that and calls in an attack. The other issue is the fatigue and the lack of reaction time...........................

These are ALL well known issues, and ones that leaves brave men in the field like sitting ducks, exposed to danger that cannot be justified, unless their presence actually achieves something useful.

What is the thought process in the minds of the officers that lead to such precarious deployment? What operational effectiveness do these checkposts actually offer that justifies these risks?

These are ALL well known issues, and ones that leaves brave men in the field like sitting ducks, exposed to danger that cannot be justified, unless their presence actually achieves something useful.

What is the thought process in the minds of the officers that lead to such precarious deployment? What operational effectiveness do these checkposts actually offer that justifies these risks?

we cant leave those places unchecked otherwise the terrorists will be transporting weapons at a larger scale.

-the issue is lack of funds too. its war of Attrition that is not a cup of tea for every country.
-lack of funds specially like Pakistan that has a lot of misappropriation of funds.
-the scale of the issue. again resources vs what to cover.

I agree that there is a lot of room for improvement in terms of training and equiping these soldiers because a destroyed post with dead or maimed soldiers is worse than no post at all in the first place.

my cousin has served in Siachin, Azad Kashmir and been on UN duties in Africa and states in a resigned way to me that his soldiers just blindly followed what he told them to do. even willing to stand in the incoming fire since they were told earlier to do so when there was no fire. it is that Raj time mentality that is still there.. hence there is a disparity between officers and their men when it comes to critical thinking and taking the initiative. Something which is a must in modern militaries and in current warfare.
A lot is discussed about it in the thread by “Muse” titled towards improving our fouj..

Back
Top Bottom