What's new

"AERO INDIA 2015"

No, I mean that IAF don't have to wait till DRDO develops stand off weapons that IAF requires, if they are designing them on their own. That's basically what the navy does as well, looking at their requirement and developing a vessel on their own, while DRDO is basically needed for sub systems. IAF today is much too dependent on ADA / DRDO as we can see at LCA, AMCA, AWACS India and don't get what they want or need.

Good for the IAF

Current design by IAF has many drawbacks . Although the overall design is good but the finish sucks .

-Upper and lower half of the system joined by exposed rivets
-non-foldable wings
-large tail fins

Non fold-able wings make it look like a drone. Pretty Primitive :P ............ if DRDO had designed something like this, IAF would hae gone Apes.

Funny to see them proudly showcase this model. :lol:

SOGW
16609358186_f7749c581f_k.jpg

16428016997_8494bd78ab_k.jpg

16634668592_6773ffa9e9_k.jpg

16634650042_f79e9f2517_k.jpg

I would say,the design is actually quite good not withstanding the shoddy finish.I mean it looks very streamlined,aerodynamic and less draggy,perfect for bunker busting roles.But of course,the wings are needed to be made retractable.

I would say,the design is actually quite good not withstanding the shoddy finish.I mean it looks very streamlined,aerodynamic and less draggy,perfect for bunker busting roles.But of course,the wings are needed to be made retractable.

True ....... foldable wings and small X type tail fins are required .

For comparison ,

US JSOW
JSOW.jpg

Turkish SOM ALCM
SOM_cruise_missile_mockup_on_MSPO_2014.jpeg

Now that the Govt. has liberated defence R&D and manufacturing, IA should jump r8 in and create a 2.'nd line knowledge eco-system of it's own and leverage a data driven, knowledge leveraged RFP system to up quality.

Back
Top Bottom