What's new

"AERO INDIA 2015"

Ka-226T_India.jpg

That's nothing special, but one of the advantages of the Indian section of PDF. Our members here often contribute more and faster that on dedicated Indian forums. Which only shows how valuable Indian members are to this forum, even if that is not officially appreciated. For me that's however one reason why I prefer to be here, than on dedicated Indian defence forums.

+ every single data you need to know about Indian developments is avaliable in the Indian section itself compared to our sites where we will have to surf through atleast a dozen sections to get all those data .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Pictures of Aero India

AI2015Photos

AeroIndia 2015 Exhibition - an album on Flickr

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@sancho , @Abingdonboy , @MilSpec , @SpArK , @gslv mk3 ,@nair , @levina , @SrNair

If you guys have missed this , ALCM being developed by IAF .

16634662762_3cf4436300_k.jpg

If you guys have missed this , ALCM being developed by IAF .

It was posted, but there is very little infos on that project. Wonder if anybody was able to talk with officials at the show about it, to get more infos. But it's good to see IAF getting into their own developments, according to their needs, rather than keep being dependent on DRDO alone.

It was posted, but there is very little infos on that project. Wonder if anybody was able to talk with officials at the show about it, to get more infos. But it's good to see IAF getting into their own developments, according to their needs, rather than keep being dependent on DRDO alone.

I didnot saw this picture posted here ..... I think what posted was the SOJW also developed by IAF .

Both of them using the same platform again IMO is a nice decision .

Having said that , I think both the designs requires more tweaks to make them better platforms , especially folded wings and small X type fins like Nirbhay instead of current ones .

Nothing will work better than Ridicule and failure, to make IAF start appreciating and respecting DRDO and ADA :coffee:

Now let us see how much better they are as compared to DRDO :devil:

Nothing will work better than Ridicule and failure, to make IAF start appreciating and respecting DRDO and ADA :coffee:

Now let us see how much better they are as compared to DRDO :devil:

Current design by IAF has many drawbacks . Although the overall design is good but the finish sucks .

-Upper and lower half of the system joined by exposed rivets
-non-foldable wings
-large tail fins

Current design by IAF has many drawbacks . Although the overall design is good but the finish sucks .

-Upper and lower half of the system joined by exposed rivets
-non-foldable wings
-large tail fins

It's nothing more than a concept, most likely for material and windtunnel tests and the final version obviously would have folding wings, since you couldn't use it on fighters otherwise. Check for HOPE / HOSBO or Pilum stand of weapons and you will see similar folding wings. I'm still sad about the missed chance of us, by not going for the proposed HOSBO joint development, we could had similar stand off weapons operational today.

You mean this is a IAF project in dependant of DRDO

No, I mean that IAF don't have to wait till DRDO develops stand off weapons that IAF requires, if they are designing them on their own. That's basically what the navy does as well, looking at their requirement and developing a vessel on their own, while DRDO is basically needed for sub systems. IAF today is much too dependent on ADA / DRDO as we can see at LCA, AMCA, AWACS India and don't get what they want or need.

YES!!It's being developed and funded by IAF,independently from the DRDO glide bomb project.

No, I mean that IAF don't have to wait till DRDO develops stand off weapons that IAF requires, if they are designing them on their own. That's basically what the navy does as well, looking at their requirement and developing a vessel on their own, while DRDO is basically needed for sub systems. IAF today is much too dependent on ADA / DRDO as we can see at LCA, AMCA, AWACS India and don't get what they want or need.

Well as much as I agree with you,I must say that for this type of projects,IAF will continue to be dependent on DRDO (ADA on particular,which by the way is the most effed up lab among all the 52 under DRDO).I mean you can't expect an air force to design and develop its own fighters or Active radars!!

Well as much as I agree with you,I must say that for this type of projects,IAF will continue to be dependent on DRDO (ADA on particular,which by the way is the most effed up lab among all the 52 under DRDO).I mean you can't expect an air force to design and develop its own fighters or Active radars!!

They don't have to do it on their own, but have to take the lead in the project and use ADA or HAL for the design. Only then IAF's or IN's requirements will be implemented from scratch, rather then the flawed way DRDO does it.

Back
Top Bottom