What's new

Afghanistan to support Pakistan if attacked by US or India: Karzai

good for you, perhaps if you focused more on your internal strife and conflicts among different Afghan national groups you would have achieved that great Afghanistan with just the amount of land you have now, instead of focusing on engulfing the Pakistani land. Maybe then you guys could not only save yourself but also save your neighbors and the rest of the world all this trouble and headaches due to your incompetence.

First don't point it as 'You', I said it's not my personal belief it's a general thought among Afghans! I agree with you we must solve our current problems and at least reach a stage where we can talk about it otherwise it will remain a dream and about the last part of your reply; so we both share a common fact about that.

He mentioned about Pakistani hospitality of having Afghanistan refugees, he will return the same hospitality if any refugee crisis occurs (god forbidden) during any war between Pakistan and USA etc. This is the help he was referring to, not the strategic depth type.

Samaztey nahi ho yaar.

But these kind of statements will help Pakistan make stronger foreign policies and become a reasonable nation. We have seen similar statements from China before and now Afghanistan. Imagine few Arab nations also stood with Pakistan then it will be tougher for USA to command us for everything forcefully.

Diplomacy and support is very important indeed....

But what u wish for , comes with a price--->Money and Mutual Understanding and a pattern of sustained responsible behavior.
*Neither being in Pakistan's favor.*

Here is my take- Karzai is playing a greater game-
Keeping in mind afghanistan will help Pakistan in case of an attack- Pakistan will take tougher stand against amrika- once Pakistan is attacked- karzai will get back to his normal hatin' self-

i dont believe this circus joker- giving tough time to even our very own rehman malik-
todays its an apple- tomorrow a banana-

Well I wasn't telling my view but in general most Afghans badly waits for the time to regain their territory and time may answer what you asked.

Why do Afghans think that way? Its like saying Britain wants America back because it was part of its empire once. Sounds so ridiculous to Non-Afghan ears.

Karzai dendied ever accusing Pakistan or the ISI of any involvement in Barhanudin Rabbani's assassination on his interview with GEO.

Greater afghanistan? time may answer?

Lol malanga u have been answered a billion times in the past... by Bajauris,Pakistani Pashtun,FC,Khasadars,PA n PAF.. what can mayor of kabul do when he himself ha soldiers frm 44 countries in his war torn country .... majority of which itself is held by taliban.

Punjabi mediation always occurred, occurs and will occur we accept but honestly tell me Pashtuns who were united for centuries, how long will they stay isolated?

Perhaps the Mayor of Kabul feels the US is about to leave the neighborhood much sooner than expected.. maybe even before the 2012 elections?.. So he feels he better make amends , make better friends that will help him stay in power.. or perhaps he knows that the Afghanistan of the early 90's will return sooner or later, so lets make sure that I can run away to live in Peshawar comfortably and make statements from there.

Why do Afghans think that way? Its like saying Britain wants America back because it was part of its empire once. Sounds so ridiculous to Non-Afghan ears.

If it take them isolated for another century then Afghans will also forget about it but in the current circumstances everyone of them is calling for united Pakhtunistan, poor Pashtuns are paying very high price for these wars and politics.

instead it will boost Afghan's moral to achieve their goal of having Greater Afghanistan (Loy Afghanistan).
How does a smaller nation 'absorb' a larger nation?

With more Pakhtun in Pakistan than the entire population of Afghanistan, who will absorb whom if it ever comes down to that?

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Well I wasn't telling my view but in general most Afghans badly waits for the time to regain their territory and time may answer what you asked.

Perhaps most Afghans should work on improving governance in their country, so that their nation actually appears more attractive for the 'Pakhtun in Pakistan', rather than trying to convince Pakistani Pakhtun to become part of a significantly poorer, less developed and war-torn country and society.

Usually people tend to 'step up', to nicer and more prosperous homes, not 'step down' into 'ghettos'.

Punjabi mediation always occurred, occurs and will occur we accept but honestly tell me Pashtuns who were united for centuries, how long will they stay isolated?

Lol... in 1960s bajauris alone massacred 25000-3000 afghan askaris... Abt united for centuries .... who sold them to the british? afghans or evil punjabis? also afghani pashtuns live in a serious state of denial....just take a look around this forum and see what Pakistani Pashtuns think of you afghans..... if tht doesnt change ur mind come to Peshawar and see for urself.

Isolated? we have more Pashtu speakers than the entire population of afghanistan! ur welcome to join Pakistan as another province if u like.... we already have ur 5 million afghan refugees in our country...

How does a smaller nation 'absorb' a larger nation?

With more Pakhtun in Pakistan than the entire population of Afghanistan, who will absorb whom if it ever comes down to that?

What about this option?

Make afghanistan a province of pakistan peacefully, only because afghans want to be united.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom