What's new

After bumper crop Pakistan ready to export $4.85B worth of rice this year.

Flight of falcon

Reaction score
Country
Canada
There is a huge market all over the world for Pakistani Basmati rice. I know here in Canada Pakistani rice are exported in bulk and then packaged in different brand varieties and sold for premium. Same goes for practically every other commodity which is brought here in bulk and packaged in fency brand packages and sold in the market. We need better packaging and marketing to compete with Indian products here.

There is a huge market all over the world for Pakistani Basmati rice. I know here in Canada Pakistani rice are exported in bulk and then packaged in different brand varieties and sold for premium. Same goes for practically every other commodity which is brought here in bulk and packaged in fency brand packages and sold in the market. We need better packaging and marketing to compete with Indian products here.

Basmati rice are packaged very well. Some in extra fancy pakings.

Both Cotton and Rice crop is bumper this year
Unfortunately prev claimed cotton bumper crop, but till now max 9million bales cotton recieved. Requirements are 15 million bales.
Let's hope our rice doesnt suffer miscalculation like cotton did.

I bought a pack today to try it:

268961862_628986288423125_8240058089396584352_n.jpg

That was my point…. Like pink salt they buy in bulk and pay pennies…. yet packaged outside Pakistan and sold for twenty dollars plus…. Makes no sense
It is improving but the government has been no help. It is the educated business owners(whether second or third generation of existing ones or new educated ones) that are pushing the Pakistani brand on their own despite corruption ans red tape doing its best to block the way.

If Pakistan is exporting so much why the F*** Dollar is going up

That was my point…. Like pink salt they buy in bulk and pay pennies…. yet packaged outside Pakistan and sold for twenty dollars plus…. Makes no sense
It is improving but the government has been no help. It is the educated business owners(whether second or third generation of existing ones or new educated ones) that are pushing the Pakistani brand on their own despite corruption ans red tape doing its best to block the way.
Well...seeing how we "market" our most cutting-edge export -- the JF-17 -- and also seeing the animosity against improving the "marketing" quality because 'videos don't sell'...are we really surprised? Our uncles always say, "oh it's all just marketing, nothing serious" ... all the while everyone else line their pockets @JamD @Falcon26

Unfortunately prev claimed cotton bumper crop, but till now max 9million bales cotton recieved. Requirements are 15 million bales.
Let's hope our rice doesnt suffer miscalculation like cotton did.

Make that 7.5 Million, target was 8.3 Million and 9 million was an overly ambitious estimate and result has fallen well short due to lesser than expected yield per sqkm. Although even 7.5 million bales is a big improvement on the 5.5 million bales produced last year. Hopefully with cotton prices going up, next year we will see a better yield.

If Pakistan is exporting so much why the F*** Dollar is going up

because our exports are nearly a third of our imports

we export rice, and semi finished garments and import machinery , oil etc ( one is low value vs other being hi value)

an agri export based economy will never have a + CAD

Back
Top Bottom