What's new

Akhilesh asks UPA to provide job quotas for Muslims

I am sorry but SC/STs dont 'enjoy' the reservations without any hardwork. Many of them do their education as a side job, in night, after working to feed their family or supplement their family income. No fancy private tuitions, no hi-fi english medium education and such.

I had a classmate who had to drop out cause he need to work for his family really sad the guy had tremendous potential.

It depends on whether or not he feels Muslims are discriminated against in a fair job selection... Also a periodic quota system will allow Muslims to penetrate the job market and break a vicious cycle of being poor and not being able to afford education and thus not getting jobs and thus being poor.

The quotas didnt help the OBCs, because the concept is flawed. reservations and job quotas were introduced in 1947 as a temporary move to allow dalits and obc's to catch up with the rest of the population. Not only has the temporary reservation become permanent, we have nearly doubled the reservations for Dalits/OBCs from close to 30% in 1947 to 54% ish today, and yet none of the fundamental issues have been solved. wouldnt help the muslims either . just like it didnt help whoever it was originally intended for.

even the quotas for Dalits/OBCs was supposed to be a temporary move, as far as I know Ambedkar wanted it to be a temporary reservation system of a few yrs, to allow Dalits and OBCs to catch up with geenral category. But as you can see, 65+ yrs and no signs of it going away, reservations and job quotas for OBCs have gone up since 1947...

Expecting centuries worth of discrimination to be set right in 5-10 years is idiotic. Just saying.

The quotas didnt help the OBCs, because the concept is flawed.

You cannot be farther from truth.

Back
Top Bottom