What's new

Altay tank prototype will be displayed on 10th May

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Prototype of Turkey's first national tank ready, says Gonul

A prototype of the "ALTAY" tank will be on display in the north-western province of Istanbul on Tuesday, May 10.

Turkish Minister of National Defense, Vecdi Gonul, said Saturday that the prototype of Turkey's first national tank "ALTAY" was ready.

Speaking to reporters in Manavgat town of southern province of Antalya on Saturday, Gonul said that "ALTAY" tanks would be better equipped than all tanks presently used by the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK).

What is important is to produce tanks fully made in Turkey. The number of "ALTAY" tanks to be produced will be determined according to needs, Gonul also said.

A prototype of the "ALTAY" tank will be on display in the north-western province of Istanbul on Tuesday, May 10.

Prototype of Turkey's first national tank ready, says Gonul | Politics | World Bulletin

I wonder if this is a mock up or one of the 4 prototypes that will be built. Regardless it has been done in a timely manner for once.

congrats

i never thought they will bring the prototype so much soon

hoppssskopyala-1.jpg
altay.png
altay.jpg

First prototype will be started to producing at end of the this year and will be ready at first quarter of 2012. It will be probably a pic or mock-up which will be shown on the exposition.

All tanks similar but this is different desing and configuration.

First protype 3D photo

There isn't side add-on armor last protype.

A little different of first picture.

"The new Turkish tank - called the "Altay" - has been designed by South Korea's Hyundai Rotem in tandem with Turkish automobile company, Otokar. In the competition for main foreign subcontractor on the contract, Rotem beat out Germany's KMW by full technology transfer of its new K-2 Black Panther main battle tank (MBT) design. "

This is how Turks obtain technology, someone develop technology you by it! :D Turks don't have enough brain power to develop

Prototype of new main battle tank Altay Turkish army unveiled defense exhibition IDEF 2011 0305111-Army Recognition

Tank is not designed by Rotem(though i am sure they had input). The technology transfer has been brought out for R&D. The design is Turkish and has always been. Otokar is in charge of it. All rights of the tank belong to Turkey including export.

[TR]AHMET;1739966 said:
Second Altay Photo

Looks very much like the picture. Except for the side armor. I think Otokar did a excellent job on it. Also like to thank our Korean friends for helping us with the Tank. Hopefully we will see it in testing soon.

Brilliant effort , i am happy for what Turks brethren have been able to achieve , hope to see this tank rolling on "shahrah e dastoor" Islamabad one day !

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom