What's new

Altay tank prototype will be displayed on 10th May

Looks very much like the picture. Except for the side armor. I think Otokar did a excellent job on it. Also like to thank our Korean friends for helping us with the Tank. Hopefully we will see it in testing soon.
Main difference is that driver sits in center rather than right side.

[TR]AHMET;1740160 said:
Pakistan has got own national Al-Khalid Tanks maybe we work together for next new generation Tanks

Altay is a big tank with small gun, Al-Khalid is a small tank with Big gun. Let's make a big tank with a big gun.

Altay is a big tank with small gun, Al-Khalid is a small tank with Big gun. Let's make a big tank with a big gun.

Rheinmetall L/55 120mm is in no way small. It can put 120mm rounds accurately out to 6km to penetrate something with the energy it generates i will try to find its exact length. Currently the same gun the Germans are using on their latest Leopard2A6 variants and South Korea on their K2.

I do hope MKEK uses up to date manufacturing on that gun.

[TR]AHMET;1740160 said:
Pakistan has got own national Al-Khalid Tanks maybe we work together for next new generation Tanks

This would be difficult as both tanks are influenced very differently. Altay is western influenced (hence the larger size and heavier armor emphasis) It also has no auto loader and instead a 4th crew member. This is all inline with western tank design. Al-Khalid is influenced by Russian designs which the Chinese base many of their tanks after(though recently have have begun to move away from it). Lower tonnage and profile, an autoloader rather then a extra crew member, decent power/weight etc.

AL khalid suite Pakistan because much heavy tanks will create problem in thar deserts.

Al khalid II may be heavier because it will use a 1500Hp engine.so its weight will be around 55-60ton

Rheinmetall L/55 120mm is in no way small. It can put 120mm rounds accurately out to 6km to penetrate something with the energy it generates i will try to find its exact length. Currently the same gun the Germans are using on their latest Leopard2A6 variants and South Korea on their K2.

I do hope MKEK uses up to date manufacturing on that gun.

I was merely pointing at weight of the two tanks. also, Al-Khalid has 125mm gun and ALTAY has 120mm

I was merely pointing at weight of the two tanks. also, Al-Khalid has 125mm gun and ALTAY has 120mm

They are inline with different influences.

Edit the gun is 21.6 feet btw. 130cm difference between the older L/44 (that makes it longer then the T-90s 125mm gun) Which would make more sense if the Germans were to achieve hits at over 6000 meters.

i dont know so much about tank and that kind of stuff so im gonna ask,

is ALTAY in any way, condition and situation superior to any other western tank, or maybe eastern to?

is this tank going to be produced only for turkey or other countries to

what is the price of this tank compared to other great tanks

i dont know so much about tank and that kind of stuff so im gonna ask,

is ALTAY in any way, condition and situation superior to any other western tank, or maybe eastern to?

is this tank going to be produced only for turkey or other countries to

what is the price of this tank compared to other great tanks

It is inline with western standards. The gun is very modern and new 120mm L/55 from Germany (under license by MKEK). The engine is going to be a 1,500hp MTU MT 883 with common rail injection technology which is a new one Germany rolled out. Armor will most likely be carry over from the Korean K-2 which is a classified composite blend with modular non explosive reactive armor and explosive reactive. There is some redesign in the turret but the chassis looks very much to be a carry over from the K-2 in design with little differences. It has hunter/killer capability and can link information to other tanks about target whereabouts through a samilar networking system the K-2 uses(this may be aselsan carry over from the NG). The suspension may (i am not sure) may have the Hydropneumatic element the K2 has though it may be a more traditional torsion bar set up. Aselsan most likely has integrated a updated FCS into it and this may be influenced by rotem or a carry over from the NG tank (i am not 100% on this area) It also has a laser warning receiver system (which most likely can be set to deploy countermeasures automatically)

Tonnage should be 55-60 no exact number as of yet. As far as cost i doubt it would be less then 5 million per tank (possibly more expensive) though as production ramps up cost will go down. Range should be right around 450km and top speed if the tonnage is around what i predict should be about 70km/h -+2/3km/h.

As far as what shells it will use i would suspect the DM63 we have ordered 15,000 of those a while back. DM63 KE below MKEK also produces 120mm HE rounds so i believe those will probably also be in service.

RHEINMETAAL-120KE.jpg

The engine is going to be a 1,500hp MTU MT 883 with common rail injection technology which is a new one Germany rolled out.

I thought its would use and Indigiously designed 1800hp Engine?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom